PDA

View Full Version : Idle speed

zviadi
06-06-2015, 03:52 AM
Screenshot tachometer engine running at idle:

The manual gives the idle speed 1350 rpm.
What to do?

Sparky
06-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Is that your panel? If it is it's not warmed up yet.

kneepucker
06-06-2015, 09:09 AM
:slap:

Mike
06-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Mine does NOT idle at 1350 either. While not 22 or 2300, it does idle at a good 1800 +/- rpm.
As noted, does yours drop after the engine warms ?
When you have the rpm up higher with the throttle and you let go of the throttle, does the rpm drop quickly or does it drop slowly and sort of "hunt" around ?
If it drops slowly and never settles, you may have a vacuum leak in the intake somewhere. This will also cause a higher than normal idle speed.
If the idle is solid, drops quickly to a smooth but high rpm...I guess that's what you'll have to live with.

Mike

Hughlysses
06-06-2015, 11:33 AM
You could pull the airbox cover and filter and make sure the butterflies are closing completely when you release the throttle. If the butterflies aren't closing completely, there's your problem. It could be caused by misadjusted or binding throttle cables, or binding in the linkage at the throttle bodies.

If the butterflies are completely closed with the throttle released, either the ECM is telling the Idle Air Valve (IAV) to open too far, or the IAV is hanging partially open. You could remove it and squirt throttle body cleaner into the port to clean it; it might help loosen it up so it works correctly.

dmhines
06-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Mine also Idles around 1800 ... I have the Race ECM with short pipes.

ebr1190rxyellow
06-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Do you know of anyone with the race ecm and short pipes in stock? Where did you get yours?

zviadi
06-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Is that your panel? If it is it's not warmed up yet.

It's screenshot of user manual. I have exactly the same situation. The engine is warm.
Idle speed float around the level "2", a little more or a little less. Sometimes they become 1500 rpm.
It is necessary to pull the clutch lever in neutral - and the idle speed increases to 2200-2300 rpm.
However, there is no impact inclusions first gear. No jerks. Motorcycle - full stock. Everything is working normally, only confuses of idle speed.

dmhines
06-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Do you know of anyone with the race ecm and short pipes in stock? Where did you get yours?

Sorry ... bought mine before D-Day ... Maybe more will materialize once the lawyers have figured everything out.

Slickit
06-08-2015, 01:34 PM
try here

http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell-racing-1/ebr-exhaust/

ebr1190rxyellow
06-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Yeah I'm waiting to hear back from them, I'm trying to find someone in the US with one.

AClausing
06-09-2015, 09:50 AM
They are working on some more ECM for the bikes now. I have been in contact with them and they don't have issues shipping over seas.
Race kit, Exhaust tips in stock, ECM we work on can take another 2 weeks. that was 8 days ago.

Thanks

zviadi
06-16-2015, 12:47 AM
Drove 2,600 km, now the tachometer shows idle correctly - between 1 and 2.
Got running?))) :wtf:
Feels like the behavior of the motorcycle, nothing has changed.

I want to ask about the racing ECU.
How it affects the resource of the engine? What changes in the behavior of the motorcycle during the installation of a racing ECU? More torque at low revs, acceleration on high, the motorcycle gets faster?
In Russia the rules are not penalized for noise and for the environment, I want to install this ECU for everyday driving.

ReadyXB
07-16-2015, 06:13 PM
zviadi, it is not uncommon for idle speed to be a function of engine temperature, with idle being higher until the engine is at operating temperature. The idle specs quoted are usually with a fully warm engine.

My neighbors are from St. Petersburg but have lived in the states for years now. Anything I can say to surprise them, from a fellow citizen?

zviadi
07-17-2015, 05:25 AM
Now idle speed displayed correctly, bike milleage about 5300 kilometers.
Note also that if the idling press the clutch lever, then idle speed increased to about 2000 rpm. Stop pressing clutch lever - idle speed fell to 1300-1500 rpm. I think this phenomenon is associated with the work of pneumatic clutch.

My neighbors are from St. Petersburg but have lived in the states for years now. Anything I can say to surprise them, from a fellow citizen?

Thanx!
Tell them my greetings. We have everything in order, we lives good. Don’t believe the media! Normal people in Russia don’t want war and confrontation with the world and the USA in particular.

ReadyXB
07-17-2015, 05:55 PM
I remember reading some information about the clutch and idle speed... will try to find it.

It is the same in the USA. We do not want war with any nation. There will always be disagreement about if and when the US should step into the affairs of other nations in need of militia support, but in regards to war, no one here desires that!

Plotter
07-17-2015, 08:05 PM
They are working on some more ECM for the bikes now. I have been in contact with them and they don't have issues shipping over seas.
Race kit, Exhaust tips in stock, ECM we work on can take another 2 weeks. that was 8 days ago.

Thanks

Anything new on ordering from them? I'd like to purchase the kit, but it always shows out of stock online...