PDA

View Full Version : Wheel rims

zviadi
05-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Hello everyone!
It is likely that this weekend will become the owner of yellow EBR1190RX. This dealership demo bike with mileage of 600 miles after the first service.
I'm changing my Dorsoduro 1200 on this EBR. Be sure to ask for a test drive. I wonder - how the bike rides on the low and medium revs compared to my Aprilia...
I am concerned about the rims of the front wheel. Not too thin are they? In my city bad roads and a lot of tram rails and speed bumps. I used to drive fast on such roads in the KTM and Aprilia. As far as critical for the quality of the road surface of wheels EBR, especially for the front wheel?
On the photos he look very tiny...
Or do I always keep in mind that this is a race bike and created exclusively for a good surface or track only?

A few years ago I had the Aprilia Mille - I was running on it on such roads very quickly. In spite of the forged wheel motorcycle withstand such abuse within 17,000 kilometers for 1,5 years. Then I sold it. He was a good bike ...
It would be about the same strength of the EBR. Is it real?

Mike
05-29-2015, 01:15 PM
The wheel as a whole as you know are light weight. I'd guess the rim would be too.
I know a guy who broke the front wheel on his Ducati on a pot-hole he didn't notice. Like you say, one edge of the rim broke off.

Good luck, have fun.

Mike

snacktoast
05-29-2015, 03:27 PM
I believe that all OEM wheels must be manufactured to a strength safety standard of one type or another. (JWL, D.O.T., etc) Anyone know the specifics?

The best thing you can do to avoid damaging wheels is to run the correct tire pressure and avoid potholes.

zviadi
05-30-2015, 04:00 AM
Unfortunately, in Russia the majority of roads are of poor quality.
However, I took a chance yesterday and bought this bike. Drove it about 80 km on bad roads - nothing bad found.
Thank you all.