PDA

View Full Version : First service done to early 60miles instead of 600miles

Pengermaa
05-17-2015, 05:51 AM
Hello!
When i bought the 1190sx in Februari this year, the dealers ad said Ebr 1190sx 2014 with 600miles (demo Bike) on the odometer and first service were already done.
However i discovered that the Bike only had 60miles from new.
Called the dealer and he said it should be ok if i took it easy up to 600miles

What do you think?

Also noticed that lowfuel light lights up with more than 7litres in it.

TC light also has blinked when drivning very slowly, like 30mph straight road.

/ concerned Swedish owner

snacktoast
05-21-2015, 09:23 PM
I would ride to 600mi/1000km per the recommended break-in procedures and perform the oil/filter service at that time. This would not concern me too much. Amsoil 20w-50 was the factory fill oil, not some type of special break-in oil.

The low fuel light on when the tank is full is known issue with the fuel level sending unit wiring.
EBR's warranty fix was to replace the fuel pump assembly with an updated unit.

With regard to the TC light blinking, it may illuminate during a variety of conditions, and you may not notice that it has sensed a traction event.
If you hit a bump in the road and the rear wheel momentarily loses traction, the light will blink until it senses normal traction again.
What level did you have the TC set at when this happened?

Pengermaa
05-23-2015, 02:23 AM
Hello!

The fuel light comes on when 7litres remains in the fueltank
No Big problem though.

TC setting was 3 or 4 not shure.
Road was tarmac and not bumpy.

Another issue i noticed startlng the Bike yesterday, "comunication error" in the display, dissipeard shortly and no problems riding.

Called the dealership and askes about warranty issues now when EBR is bankrupt/reconstruction he said it did'nt effect the 3 year warranty.
Have you heard any about warrant problems in the US?

Von
05-24-2015, 04:08 PM
No warranty anymore here, as there's no one to reimburse the mechanics time and pay for parts

Hughlysses
05-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Perhaps EBR Europe is at least somewhat independent of EBR and thus is covering warranty work.