PDA

View Full Version : EBR Thumb drive not formatted??

Capt
05-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Hello all,

So, I just put the EBR thumb drive into my computer to read the manual and it says it cannot be used without formatting the disk. Selected format and my computer says formatting it will delete all the data on the thumb drive. ????

Anybody else run into this issue? Thanks

Sparky
05-11-2015, 01:24 PM
No problem like that on a Mac. Try it on a different computer.

The format on my thumb drive is MS-DOS (FAT16) and contents of the Owners Manual is a PDF file, so Adobe Reader should work with it.

Von
05-12-2015, 02:52 AM
For the owner's manual? If so, you can format it and get the manual from myself or someone else here :)

Capt
05-12-2015, 07:56 AM
For the owner's manual? If so, you can format it and get the manual from myself or someone else here :)

Thanks Von. Windows says I need to format the thumb drive to open it. I select format and it states that all data will then be deleted. Vicious circle.
Must format but formatting destroys the content. What genius thought this was helpful? Never heard of having to format a thumb drive to access a read only file.

Anyway I will reformat it and ask for an email from you. Cheers

Von
05-14-2015, 11:26 AM
Thanks Von. Windows says I need to format the thumb drive to open it. I select format and it states that all data will then be deleted. Vicious circle.
Must format but formatting destroys the content. What genius thought this was helpful? Never heard of having to format a thumb drive to access a read only file.

Anyway I will reformat it and ask for an email from you. Cheers

Eiriksson242@gmail.com. email me and I'll write you back