PDA

View Full Version : Starter

budgolf
05-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Any advice on getting to it? There is considerably more crap in the way than with the 1125

Another Buell
05-13-2015, 05:52 AM
I wanted to get at mine when it died, so I started taking things apart. You pretty much have to take the fairings, fans, radiator, and I think headers off from what I remember. Did your starter die too?

budgolf
05-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Yeah looks like maybe it has

Another Buell
05-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Well I know when mine went it was in the winter. But I would notice it was starting to have a hard time turning over in the morning. I just thought it was the battery. I got the Shoeri charger and it said my battery was fully charged in like 5 minutes. I still don't understand it. Because it ran when I parked it. But a week later when I tried to start it nothing. Just that clicking sound.
Long story short, the dealer I got it from picked it up, couldn't figure it out, called EBR and together they decided it was the starter. Put a new one in and it was fine.
I do notice that whenever I shut my bike off, it sounds like the stater engages. Kind of like if you just hit the start button for a brief second. I just can't remember if it was always like that.
But, when you figure it out can you update your post? Thanks and good luck. I'm really starting to wonder if they just need to be shimmed or dome thing after a while.

budgolf
05-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Yours sounds exactly like mine and its for sure the starter. When I hit the button and get bothing but a clunk...Ill grab a hammer and a socket extention and smack the starter. It will then fire right up

Hughlysses
05-18-2015, 07:56 PM
This sounds like the kind of thing an auto electric shop could figure out. Odds are the starter itself is common to something besides EBR'S, so they may be able to identify a replacement if they can't fix it.