PDA

View Full Version : Heat issues on 1190RX

Capt
05-06-2015, 05:45 AM
Well I think I am going to pull the trigger this weekend and purchase an 1190RX despite the lack of support and parts that surely awaits my decision. I love an earlier post someone put on about "please talk me off the ledge." I need a psychologist.

That resonates true with me. LOVE this bike but hate the thought of no support or parts ever, especially as I intend to make it a track bike after a few months of riding around the country. But I digress...

I used to own a Uly and she got mighty hot on the right side, basically hotter than a spurned woman on her wedding day in Louisiana.
I would like to avoid that whole sensation of right roasted chicken leg.

Does the RX fans toast ya up much on a summer day? If it's no worse than a Panigale then I'm buying!

RX owners: Please tell me your pros on this machine, the stuff that makes ya wanna park her near your bed so she's the first thing you see in the morning, and tell me her cons, things that make you wanna take her out and shoot her.

Thanks

dmhines
05-06-2015, 06:42 AM
The RX does get a little warm next to Right Foot but otherwise its totally comfortable. if you are wearing racing boots when you ride you probably won't even notice. I had a 1125CR and that heat was almost unbearable on right foot .. the RX does not even come close to that CR. All the reviews say its way cooler than a Panigale. I have a 2013 Monster 1100 EVO and that bike toasts your thighs in the summer .. the RX does not.

I do love my RX .. and I do go out in garage and stare at it sometimes! LOL. I did install a set of SpeedyMoto OmniBars to give a little more upright riding position to make it more comfortable.

Like stated in other places ..try to get a high VIN so any bugs have been hopefully squashed ... There is a Black RX on ebay VIN 302 ... that is the highest I have seen.

Capt
05-06-2015, 08:50 AM
The RX does get a little warm next to Right Foot but otherwise its totally comfortable. if you are wearing racing boots when you ride you probably won't even notice. I had a 1125CR and that heat was almost unbearable on right foot .. the RX does not even come close to that CR. All the reviews say its way cooler than a Panigale. I have a 2013 Monster 1100 EVO and that bike toasts your thighs in the summer .. the RX does not.

I do love my RX .. and I do go out in garage and stare at it sometimes! LOL. I did install a set of SpeedyMoto OmniBars to give a little more upright riding position to make it more comfortable.

Like stated in other places ..try to get a high VIN so any bugs have been hopefully squashed ... There is a Black RX on ebay VIN 302 ... that is the highest I have seen.

Thanks very much! Great info.

I have heard that about the VIN too. When you say high number, is that a reference to the last 3 digits? Thanks

dmhines
05-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Yes .. last 3 digits. I am VIN 136 with a Jan 2014 Build Date and I had bad throttle bodies replaced under warranty.

Capt
05-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Yes .. last 3 digits. I am VIN 136 with a Jan 2014 Build Date and I had bad throttle bodies replaced under warranty.

Great thanks...I am looking at a #288 and #306 so hopefully it'll work out. I've been told they had the bugs worked out by then.

Slickit
05-06-2015, 05:59 PM
If you look on the tech Tuesdays thread you'll see a post about the aerodynamics in relation to heat dissipation. I haven't been able to ride my RX as much as I'd like but I can tell you that if you are riding through any kind of traffic or some slow corners and your riding position is close up with the airbox cover for a more upright riding posture you will notice a heat buildup on the right and for me on my left thigh. However as soon as you slide back and take a more aggressive track riding posture all of that heat disappears in about 1-2 seconds. If you ride too close to the front choked up on the frame you will notice the heat build up but it you just scoot 1-2 inches back all the heat gets washed away, even more so when you are down low looking through those corners. And I believe the +200 VIN numbered bikes have the updated cluster software which gets rid of those pesky erroneous errors.

AF1 racing has recently posted a PDF that has all the parts they currently have in stock on these forums, just gotta call and ask and they will post it to their online store for purchase.