PDA

View Full Version : Build quality of EBR1190RX

zviadi
04-03-2015, 01:49 PM
I beg your all owners calmly to my questions.

So, today I found a review of one of the testers from Moscow. He went around the Moscow Raceway track at EBR 1190 RX. Motorcycle gave him the official dealer of the EBR in Russia. He usually rides a Brutale 1090 and a BMW S1000RR.
Of himself he says that he is not a professional and just periodically trains on track.

The first, thing he once wrote - the bike with mileage only 1000 km were burned front brake pads. However, it went superbike champion of Russia ...
The second - when driving in this champion of vibration muffler fell off and burst resonator.
The third - he really did not like the design and workmanship and plastic fasteners.

It's all the lyrics. Next come the main claim to this motorcycle.
The first claim - according to him, had engine no torque up to 7000 rev/min.
Next - gas handle and gear lever has a big gap. And even motorcycle with a small mileage impression of crocket bike.
Then he writes that on the instrument panel clearly shows the number of the gear and the clutch lever pressed when the number of selected transmission does not appear.
He also writes that the motorcycle is not the engine slows down (apparently it is unusual for the system works PPС).

The funny thing is - on such a bad motorcycle (from his point of view) he managed in the first session to improve their lap times by as much as 4 seconds!

After reading all this, I want to ask of EBR-owners:
1. Have you encountered described defects?
2. Blame if this particular bike?
3. Does the blame for this unscrupulous dealer, are not well prepared this demo bike?
4. Is there enough reliable EBR on the track?
5. Are you satisfied with the work of PPС?

zviadi
04-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Sorry - posted in the wrong tread...
Moderators - please, move this post in tread of 1190RX.

Hughlysses
04-04-2015, 08:15 AM
If the secondary resonator fell off early in the test ride, I can imagine the engine didn't have any low-end torque. That resonator is critical to the power band unless the "race only" ECM is installed.

zviadi
04-04-2015, 08:26 AM
If the secondary resonator fell off early in the test ride, I can imagine the engine didn't have any low-end torque.

They immediately welded, before the test drive.
ECM - stock. Bike is all in stock.

Hughlysses
04-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Since I don't own one (I've just looked at a few of them), I really can't comment on the build quality. I have read of minor issues with the bikes here and at Badweatherbikers.com.

The lack of torque below 7000 RPM is hard to believe, unless the traction control was set very high, which is possible. The traction control significantly limits the power at the higher settings. If there's one thing EVERYBODY agrees these motorcycles have it is strong mid-range torque (4000-7000 RPM).

It sounds like this bike was thrashed during a previous test and then the dealer did nothing to it prior to turning it over to this rider.

ljm
04-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Never had any of those problems. Lack of torque at low end is clearly not a problem.

zviadi
06-25-2015, 01:22 AM
Well, mine yesterday cracked the exhaust pipe of the front cylinder... Today will go to a diagnosis, together with the mechanic to look for that crack.

Classax
06-25-2015, 07:50 AM
They spent the big money on the parts that matter and cheaped out on the parts that don't as much is my opinion. I too just replaced a front header and will eventually need a new cat/muffler as its just a matter of time before the rivets on the left side rust through. The plastics I'm on the fence about, they are brittle in certain directions of flex but bullet proof in the directions you would expect crash damage. I'm not a big bells and whistles on the dash guy because I don't look at it much. As for the power, coming out of turn 15 at TWS doing 65 behind a zx14, we were neck and neck all the way to 151mph(GPS) when he started to slowly pull ahead of me. He topped out at 162mph before he got off the gas for turn 1, where reclaimed the gap and went by him on the outside. 7 peak hp less than the new R1. Yea build quality could be better but then again the things they cheaped out on are things track guys tend to immediately replace.

PS make sure the front left side muffler mount is reinstalled after any work they do or you will be replacing/repairing that front header again.

zviadi
06-25-2015, 09:19 AM
They spent the big money on the parts that matter and cheaped out on the parts that don't as much is my opinion.

My opinion is too.
I like this bike, but would like more attention from the manufacturer to the minor things. Still, it's an expensive bike.

Yes, plastic also cracked - decorative airbox cover already has 3 mounting points instead of 4, and soon there will be 2:nut: Cracked plastic near the left mirror.
On the other hand, in my city (and in all country) bad roads, and I go through them rapidly, including in corners. I even asked here - do withstand wheels such driving.
The result - the wheels withstood, plastic and exhaust - no.