PDA

View Full Version : New Owner with questions

xenno92
03-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Whats up everyone! i just got a 2014 EBR 1190SX about a week and a half ago. I LOVE THIS THING! probably the best piece of machinery Ive ever laid my hands on.
So there is only one thing that has been concerning me since i got it. I bought it brand new and the coolant tank was a little over the full marker. Ive put almost 300 miles on it and i have been noticing that the coolant lever has been dropping slowly. By now its fallen about an inch or 2 under the full marker. Is this normal since it is new? not sure if i should be worried or not

Also, ive been trying to find the prices for its scheduled services. The dealership i bought it from still doesnt have the prices for this since it was the first one to be sold there. If someone can point me towards the right direction for that it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for Reading!

ljm
03-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Welcome to the madness! Since no one has answered yet, I will answer what I know. There are several guys that have had problems with coolant leaks around the outlet of the resevoir. Some have gotten new tanks under warranty, and at least one pulled the hose and sanded it smooth and replaced the hose. I have never had the problem but that's what seems to be the consensus on the forums. As for service, have done my own so don't know. I haven't gotten to the valve check interval on either yet but a couple guys on here have and can chime in.

Von
03-27-2015, 08:44 AM
I paid about 230 for first service. I changed my oil and filter before bringing it in though. My reservoir is low too, and I'm kind of curious what fluid it takes. Never saw orange before

xenno92
03-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the reply guys! Alright I'll make sure to look out for leaks although i havent noticed any. i called the service department and they just told me to fill it up if it got too low (obviously)
So doing my own oil changes and filters wont affect the warrenty on it?
I was just curious of all this cause i had a ducati m796 before my EBR. The services on that thing were INSANE!

Von
04-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Only first service is needed. After that you can wrench on it yourself