PDA

View Full Version : 2015 RX vs Competition

Classax
11-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Just thought I share some interesting facts on what the new bikes the EBR is up against for next year. http://motoroids.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2015-yamaha-r1-vs-Ducati-1299-panigale-vs-Ninja-H2-vs-S1000RR-vs-Aprilia-RSV4RR.jpg

You will note that with 187.67 ps and 202kg ready run weight the EBR has a lowly power to weight ratio of .9285 which actually best the H2 by a good margin and competes with the BMW. You will also note that with 138nm of torque at 8.5K, it stomps all but the 1299 ( which out Buells the EBR) and the power arrives much quicker in the rev range. No one has any cost on the RSV4RR yet but a 1299 is going to be near the $25k mark of the H2 and the 17K BMW and R1 sit just below the EBR MSRP. The rider aids row is where the EBR really comes up short. I would like to ride the 1299, but if its still as hot as the 1999 I would still pass. The R1 and H2 are not classic beauties in the motorcycle world, based on the specs the H2 really isn't worth it. The R1 and S1kRR will be a beast for sure but still as an I4 the power is all up top. An Ape V4 with more power, can't go wrong but what will it cost? Surely more than the current Factory so were talking $25K or abouts. After seeing this the 18k RX is looking more and more like an ecomomical pick.

Peteypitbull
11-11-2014, 03:42 PM
I just wish ebr would come out with a quick shifter, or at least an option for one. When I did my demo on the 1190rx, the ebr rep said the euro version 1190rx would have abs. I wonder if it will carry over to the U.S. Model. That new gray color with red wheels will also make it mor appealing.

Hughlysses
11-12-2014, 06:28 AM
I just wish ebr would come out with a quick shifter, or at least an option for one.

EBR's VP of sales says in this interview that the quick shifter will be an option for 2015 models: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/erik-buell-racin g-vp-exclusive-interview-ebr-plans-to-conquer-euro pe-with-lower-prices-88702.html (http://www.autoevolution.com/news/erik-buell-racing-vp-exclusive-interview-ebr-plans-to-conquer-europe-with-lower-prices-88702.html)

Gemini
11-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Race ecm has quick shifter function turned on. Add quickshifter linkage and done. Wire it to kick stand switch terminated wiring. Will have mine setup in a few weeks

dmhines
11-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Gemini .. is the race ECM you are referring too the ECM that will be coming with the Resonator delete tips ??

Gemini
11-12-2014, 08:41 PM
That's th one. Mine is on order through rpm. Contacted EBR to verify about quickshift

dmhines
11-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Thanks .. mine is on order through AF1 ... last I heard was mid-November .. you hear anything new?

Gemini
11-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Supposed to ship out from ebr to dealers starting today

dmhines
11-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Cool .. they say how much for the Quick Shifter parts? Sounds like you already ordered it ???

Gemini
11-13-2014, 09:49 AM
I read online it's about 250. Didn't order quickshift parts. Gonna try my hand at building one. Should be hard at all. In my mind, what I have planned will function same way, be adjustable and much lower profile

dmhines
11-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks ... I see the 1125 can use a Dynojet sensor. Since there is no linkage the Rod has to be attached to the stock lever. Perhaps EBR came up with a prettier solution.

Diablo1
11-13-2014, 06:04 PM
An Ape V4 with more power, can't go wrong but what will it cost? Surely more than the current Factory so were talking $25K or abouts. After seeing this the 18k RX is looking more and more like an ecomomical pick.

$25K??? Try closer to $16K.They are offering two versions, base model and Race Pack (Ohlins suspension). Prices haven't been released yet, but guesstimate based on current RSV4 pricing.

Classax
01-26-2015, 10:53 AM
I saw the new R1 in the flesh this weekend. I don't know what it is but always seems to feel new bikes look so tiny until I see them next to mine and realize the 1190RX is a really compact machine especially to have such good ergos. Seems like they might have shorten up the wheel base from last year, I'm not sure but it's now pretty close to the RX's judging with my out of calibration m1k eyeball. In a nut shell, its got electric everything, to include a gauge to tell you how much front break pressure or level travel( sales guy wasn't sure) you are applying/using. Great for telemetry but not so much on the fly. I'm generally never looking at the clocks when on the brakes but ok. It feels light between the legs with a low CG. They claim a 439lbs wet weight, and I have confirmed my denoided and de-resonated RX at 436lbs full of fuel but back to back with my RX with a nearly full fuel tank, the EBR FEELS much lighter to toss back and forth sided to side with a lower CG. The model they had an aftermarket wind screen. HUGE. I know EBR says it's just as efficient to have portions of the rider in the breeze but us big guys really have to work to get behind the bubble on the RX, the new R1 wins that battle easy. On the ergos front the seat seemed higher than the RX but the RX has wider bars and feels more substantial between the legs. Not narrower, just more locked in and secure. Believe it or not the RX Has a bigger "trunk". Over all the quality seemed OK but the electronics made it seem quite toy like. I'm sure it will be fun to ride, but in the end its an I4 and neither the sound nor power delivery will likely appeal to my sense of acoustics nor riding styles. Speaking of style, the red ones remind me of this guy
http://youtu.be/4F4qzPbcFiA except in normal operation only the left eye, I mean low beam head light is on. Sorry just NOT feeling it. Just my opinion though.

Classax
06-19-2015, 09:27 AM
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2015/06/article/2015-superbike-shootout-x-track/

Motorcyle USA didn't do a shoot out last year when only the S1KRR and RX were new or updated, but since the new R1 has to have it's press and proof that it is better than the competition. Here we go again. SPOILER Alert**** the new R1 wins even though-

Had I known they were doing this test I would have volunteered my bike. With EBR out of the closed I guess we will never see it in a media shootout so that the world will see just where it falls in the performance pecking order.

The difference between the RX and R1, 5lbs and 7hp and no need for all the electronics. The RX is actually more compact and turns quicker. If you've got the skills you can tilt it 55 degrees before you touch anything with the stock peg location, and 59 degrees with fixed pegs. From 3.5K to 11K it would have lead the class in HP at every point, as all the other bikes make their peak power above 11.5k. No need for a discussion on midrange or torque peak or otherwise. They would have tried to use the brakes the same as they do other bikes and complained the ZTL lacked bite and power, instead of recognizing they are totally linear and you get as much as you ask for as opposed to the front loaded stopping power of conventional set ups. They'd complained about the fit and finish and cheap feel of the plastics, not recognizing that plastics are supposed to be cheap to replace and remove for that matter. Interestingly they give the Honda a pass on TC basically stating that the power delivery and chassis geometry are a TC in and of itself. Hmmm now where have I heard that before???? I haven't ridden the new R1 yet, but I've ridden every other bike in the test and the RX steers quicker and is more planted through a corner than them all. Only the RSV4 comes close. At corner exit even a nube like me gets the power down with little drama despite the fact that the front wheel being in contact with the tarmac is often optional. To the rider you feel the bars are a bit light, and the bike drifts out based on throttle. Its not till you see the photos that you realize you had a power wheelie going while still leaned over. That's confidence inspiring to know the bike can do that and still hold its line. Ergos are subjective but I'm a big boy at 6'4 and 245lbs without gear, so I like a bike with a bit more room.

I've ridden the s1krr plenty of times as well as the 1199R. I do love having a quickshifter but all the rest of the electronics can miss me frankly. TC is great in the wet but I see way to many people loosing the art of how to actually ride these bikes due to all the nannies. I guess if you don't enjoy actually piloting a super bike and just want an arcade mode adrenaline rush then yea slide,wheelie,traction,skill control is for you. Oh well to each their own.

Mike
06-19-2015, 05:49 PM
For what it's wort...ALL motorcycles have had traction control as long as they've had transmissions..!
Just kick it up a gear..! Since the ratios "multiply" the power, putting the trans. into a higher gear...multiples the overall power...that much less...therefore, traction control.!
Try it it works. And it actually works BETTER than electronic traction control. Why...because you can turn it off with just a kick of the pedal...no fiddling with buttons on the dash.

Mike