PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Hero HX250R Preview

Hughlysses
10-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Great article with lots of discussion on EBR's involvement:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/erik-buell-racing-manufacturer/2015-hero-hx250r-preview.html

Scott
10-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Great article with lots of discussion on EBR's involvement:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/erik-buell-racing-manufacturer/2015-hero-hx250r-preview.html

:thumb: Sounds more technologically advanced than I realized. I like the oversquare ratio. I also like the low weight.

I'd definitely like to take a spin on one. I'd like to know what the plan with this and the Hastur. I was hoping we'd hear something firm at AIM. I'm a little surprised and disappointed that they report it will remain a 250. I'd like to see them bump it up to match the competition on the US version - particularly if it's going to wear an EBR badge.

Ideally I'd like to see a Hero version that beats the competition on price and an EBR version that beats the competition on performance.

Scott
04-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Any news on the 250 or Hastur or AX . . . or anything?

It seems like things have been really quiet, but it seemed like the 250 was the next thing coming and I haven't seen anything new on that.

I can understand they want to focus on the bikes they have and get those to really take off before they get too involved in other things, but I'm just curious what might be coming next and when we can expect to hear about it.

If I remember correctly, I think the SX was unveiled in June, so should we expect to see new models every June? Or was that a fluke and the Orlando show in October will be the venue for new models? I'd think at some point once things get rolling we should expect new models at a certain time each year (I think it used to be July for Buell). I think a cool strategy would be to unveil 'showbikes' in October at AIM and then unveil the production versions and have them in dealers by spring in time for riding season.

Hughlysses
04-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Yea, it occurred to me it's been far too long since EBR has put out any news of note. Cycle News featured a 2-part interview with the head of Hero in the last 2 issues. A few things he said of interest were the HX250R probably won't be released until next year, he wants to see the Hastur built, and he'd be interested in buying all of EBR.

It's Erik's birthday today. Wouldn't it be nice if they came out with some spectacular announcement today?

Scott
04-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Yea, it occurred to me it's been far too long since EBR has put out any news of note. Cycle News featured a 2-part interview with the head of Hero in the last 2 issues. A few things he said of interest were the HX250R probably won't be released until next year, he wants to see the Hastur built, and he'd be interested in buying all of EBR.

It's Erik's birthday today. Wouldn't it be nice if they came out with some spectacular announcement today?

I just looked up the article and there was a lot of good info, so thanks for the heads up. :thumb: But, yeah, a little frustrating that things seem to continue to get pushed back. I was encouraged by his comments that the 250 and 620 engines could both be made larger. I'd like to see EBR offer bikes that are a little more powerful and performance oriented than the less expensive Hero versions, so they were clearly different bikes and true EBR's rather than just identical bikes rebadged for different markets.

I think an ideal line-up for EBR would include a 300-350 single, a 750 twin (that could compete against the 600 fours and 675 triples in WSBK), and their 1200 twin with many different types of bikes built around each of those engines. That kind of line-up could cover the needs of just about any sport-oriented rider. I'd be really excited about a high performance, light weight, nimble middle-weight parallel twin. Ever since the early Nortons, Triumphs etc. we haven't seen many serious parallel twins, and I think the configuration offers some very unique advantages in terms of weight and compactness.

Scott
04-02-2015, 09:42 AM
I realize I'm just going off on a flight of fancy here, but really try to imagine a high performance 750 twin that could compete in the middle-weight racing classes. That would be a bike in a class of 1. The 1190 has to go up against the Ducati and KTM in terms of high performance big-displacement twins, but there's no such thing as a high-performance middle-weight twin anymore. Sure, one could argue the Panigale 899, but that just seems like a poor-man's 1299 to me. A 750 parallel twin could be much smaller and lighter than the Ducati 899 - and even smaller and lighter than the 600 cc inline fours.