PDA

View Full Version : My first ride on an 1190rx

Peteypitbull
09-19-2014, 06:35 PM
First off, I was impressed with the dealership in Flemmington N.J. and all the ebr staff. They had a huge ebr trailer and one of their race bikes on top of it. They had plenty of bikes, rx and sx. I don't remember the gentlemans name from ebr, but I asked him a lot of questions and he answered everyone in great detail. I think ther was 6 of us on the 10:00 ride. The bike felt great as soon as I sat on it, I thought it would be uncomfortable . I guess due to the short reach to the bars it was quite comfortable for a sportbike. The clutch was not bad once the bike was started and moving, a little bit harder than my gixxer, but easy to get used to. This bike has tons of torque and is very easy to ride. It is very smooth, unlike my 848 ducati, if you are in too high of a gear the duc would chug and cough until up to speed. This bike you can just roll on the throttle and you can accelerate very smoothly. The bike handled well and it was a great route they had planned. I went up to about 75mph, and I never had to go past 3rd gear. The traction was set on 3 and we really didn't do anything to have it engage.

if I had to sum the bike up in just a few words they would be : raw, no nonsense, strictly business.
This bike has tons on character and it will be a good street and track day bike.

On my war home to Staten Island on my gixxer 600, I felt like I was riding a 125. My bike was making a lot of noise but going nowhere. I hoping the ebr will come down in price a little more so I can fit it in my budget. Once you have kids who play baseball and softball and dancing school and school clothes, a motorcycle becomes the last thing on the list. I still need one though to escape the madness of family life.

Scott
09-20-2014, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the insights. :thumb: