PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Tail Turn Signal

Kyuss
09-18-2020, 11:08 AM
Howdy All,

Purchased my 1190sx this spring and previous owner had installed the tail tidy by twisted designs.

Just went for inspection and left turn signal isn’t working. Brake both sides brake lights and right turn work. Since brake lights work on left side I’m assuming the entire unit needs replaced?

And it seems twisted designs no longer exists. Any suggestions besides finishing fall season uninspected?

Thanks in advance
Aaron

Cooter
09-18-2020, 11:59 AM
I have the same unit. Since the turn light is yellow, the turn is actually a separate wire that might be compromised at the circuit board. Mine was. Take it off, turn it over, put on your readers (lol) and take a close look. The circuit board should even be labeled.

You should check first that your front signal is working and check for voltage at the rear plug as well to eliminate the possibility the fault is in the bike.

Kyuss
09-18-2020, 12:42 PM
Thanks Cooter... they said only rear left and rear tire were issued for inspection, so front is fine. I’ll take a look at the wiring. Thanks!

And they are out of business right? So if it can’t be fixed I need a new brand and unit correct? Or A thorough search for used on eBay too possibly.

Cooter
09-18-2020, 03:26 PM
As bad as California is for a lot of things, I couldn't handle that Inspection malarky.

There isn't much to go wrong with a circuit board. Know and nerds? They're usually handy with a soldering iron:azzangel:

EBRRider
09-22-2020, 11:35 AM
2188This might help I have the same unit.

Kyuss
09-28-2020, 09:26 AM
Fixed it. Thanks everyone!