PDA

View Full Version : Hungry for a sale

Gemini
09-04-2014, 06:42 PM
I hope I don't step on any body's toes at af1 but here goes. Just got off of the phone with eric at rpm. If you are in sc, nc, tn area, go see them if you are wanting a rx. He would say price because it is per bike/per person pricing but he did say the deals can't be beat

Ed / AF1 Racing
09-08-2014, 11:59 AM
We're making deals too...and we have solid experience shipping bikes all over the country.

We've only sold one, and have 6 of them in stock.

Ed / AF1 Racing
09-08-2014, 03:30 PM
just listed a yellow on Ebay, we have the other colors in stock as well.

$16499 and FREE USA SHIPPING
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161416943064?forcerRptr=true&item=161416943064&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123

or make an offer....

gdansey
09-13-2014, 08:23 AM
We have deals going on now as well and have all three colors. If you are in western PA, WV panhandle, or eastern OH, give us a call. Link to our site: http://www.pittsburghcyclecenter.com/1190rx.htm

Peteypitbull
09-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and highly considering an ebr1190rx. I saw one in a N.J. Dealer yesterday. He told me they were taking $2,000 off msrp, $16,995+$700 freight and prep + tax. The dealer also had a 2014 new panigale s on sale for $19,999. I'm hoping the buell comes down some more to sway my decision. I was waiting to see what the 2015 bmw and rsv4 have to offer.

Gemini
09-14-2014, 06:40 AM
Call eric at rpm and tell him what you are considering. They just shipped a bike to someone out of state the other day. They are closed on sun and mon. 864-233-6969

Peteypitbull
09-14-2014, 09:19 PM
If there is anyone out there in N.J. Who wants to test ride the 1190 rx and sx, cross country bmw,ducati is having a buell demo day on ties sept.16 from 10-4:00pm. They are located in Metuchen, N.J. I am hoping to get out of work early to finally get a ride on one.

Classax
10-02-2014, 09:42 AM
EBR dealers have a really tough row to hoe with this bike. There's not a ton of info available on it. Only one magazine has done a literbike shootout with it and it lost by a hair over something that could have been prevented by the factory. I see or hear comments like this one http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452194 all the time.
"So yesterday with the grace of good weather I was finally able to test ride the EBR 1190Rx and the Ducati 1199 Panigale S.

After having looked at the EBR for several months and visiting it at the dealer about 3 times, I finally decided to take a test ride. After my return, I realized it was not all that I hoped for. In fact, I was a bit "confused" by it. Not sure if that was because i've been on my '11 r1 for the past 2 years. Nonetheless, I decided to take the '14 1199 Panigale S out for a spin too, of course at the sales persons urging.

Not more than a quarter of mile down the road, I had that feeling. It was the one. That feeling that I had lost on the r1, was replaced by an Italian. Something I thought would never happen, especially considering I had never cared for it a great deal."

When you compare the numbers stock for stock the EBR has more torque and HP at any RPM from 2.5K all the way to 10.5K than any other liter bike on the street, including the mighty HP4 and Panigale R and SL's. The torque curve is doggone near flat there is no hit any where, but a little boot around 7K. The TC as is has so many adjustements that it can be made to feel quite seemless in wheelie and rear wheel spin control. The bike is raw in feel but very well refined in performance. In order to get that manic, on the edge of control feel, you get on say a GSXR 1k, you have to turn the TC nearly off, because the bike is smart enought to recognize that people clearly don't understand how and where it makes power. They test ride it like it's a four and rev it to death not realizing they are skipping the meat of the power, which isn't how you ride a Vtwin. It works on the 1199 because it thinks its a I4 but not on the EBR or RC8 or any other Ducati before now come to think of it. Then there is price verses quality component. Going through this machine and comparing it to others yields two results. Its missing some huge bells and whistle in ABS, Quickshifter and electronic suspension for the price, its got race quality components everywhere else.

Its a tough sell that's going to get harder with the new 2015's from Japan. EBR needs to alter its information and advertising strategy ASAP.

Hughlysses
10-02-2014, 02:44 PM
I wonder if riders used to a typical Japanese 4 rising torque curve aren't deceived by the ET-V2's wide, flat torque curve? They keep expecting this huge power surge, and there's not one. Never mind they're actually acclerating quicker and going faster than if the bike had a power curve like that. That might explain how the rider above wasn't impressed with the EBR but fell in love with the Duc.

Classax
10-03-2014, 05:20 AM
Exactly, but are the dealerships able to explain this, so that they can still make sales? Has EBR provided them an effective sales strategy or pitch points? They won't sell as well without some sort of active plan.

Scott
10-03-2014, 10:42 AM
I think it's going to take time. Neither dealers nor consumers really know the bikes yet. Sure, the factory should make efforts to educate both, but some things just take time. Most lay-people don't even know what a Buell was, and most riders think EBR still is Buell (or don't even know they're back).

And when I comes to buying a bike, I think that's long process. Many people buying today were probably thinking about buying a year ago (when EBR wasn't selling production bikes), so EBR isn't even on the short-list of bikes they're considering.

They have made a good product and they're getting good press, so better understanding and recognition will come with time . . . but it will take time.

For now, enjoy the fact that we own very rare and unique bikes. :wink:

Classax
10-03-2014, 04:41 PM
If we don't help EBR get a handle on selling these things, the dealers will drop them and EBR will fold leaving us with very exclusive rare bikes that we can't get parts or service for.

Scott
10-03-2014, 09:00 PM
If we don't help EBR get a handle on selling these things, the dealers will drop them and EBR will fold leaving us with very exclusive rare bikes that we can't get parts or service for.

Maybe I'm naïve, but I can't imagine things becoming that dire. The hard work was done over the past 5 years, and now that EBR has two world-class models, that's a real, tangible asset. I would imagine if things got tight, Hero would provide the cash to keep things running until EBR gets their feet under them. If Hero gets cold feet, there have to be other companies who can recognize what EBR has done and the potential value. How nicely would a superbike round out the Polaris line? How about Can-Am adding a two-wheeler to their line-up? We've seen auto-makers buying motorcycle brands. Maybe Ford would make an offer. Or maybe Yamaha would recognize the value of an American brand to bring under their umbrella.

They're too close now to allow a few bad dealers to break them. Some dealers will drop the brand. Good riddance. Others will fill the void and the good ones will thrive. Survival of the fittest.

Again, I may be naïve or short-sighted, but I believe good dealers, like AF1, will be selling EBR's 20 years from now and beyond

Knolly
10-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm nearly ready to order an EBR but I'm still a bit up in the air between the SX and RX. Has anyone heard of any year-end specials on the SX?

Classax
10-07-2014, 03:36 PM
I understand the desire to get the best possbile price on a bike, but by the same token I believe that in the Biblical command " Thou shalt not glean the fields" which basically means don't run your business so that you're squeezing all the life out of the land and the people you do business with. Right now there are specials on both the SX and RX, you may find that price drop toward the end of the ridding season but what good is saving a few $100 on a bike you can't ride for 4 months. A better question might be, am I a sportbike guy who might do a track day or two or more a year? In which case you'll love the RX or are you a street rider who likes to hooligan their way through your commutes, in which case you would be better served by an SX. Pricing bewtween the two isn't enough to quibble about.

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2014, 11:07 AM
$2000 off SX right now....just announced

Scott
10-08-2014, 02:52 PM

Wow! :thumb:

Knolly
10-10-2014, 11:59 AM
I understand the desire to get the best possbile price on a bike, but by the same token I believe that in the Biblical command " Thou shalt not glean the fields" which basically means don't run your business so that you're squeezing all the life out of the land and the people you do business with.
I absolutely agree. A couple hundred on a $15K bike isn't worth stressing over to me, but with EBR doing the $2000 incentives I definitely take notice. I'd rather support the a dealer that treated me great from day one rather than save a few bucks at some other place.

My dealer just gave me a shout about that!

Unfortunately, I went for a test ride on the SX and have decided it's not the bike for me. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on EBR since I'd still love to have one of their bikes in my garage sometime, their current range aren't a good fit for me yet though.