PDA

View Full Version : On the Record: Dane Hoechst, EBR Program Manager

Hughlysses
08-30-2014, 06:23 AM
http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/08/29/on-the-record-with-dane-hoechst-erik-buell-racing-program-manager/

Hughlysses
09-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Interesting- the interview has been deleted from Cycle World's website. Basically, they quoted Mr. Hoechst as saying that the AX was going to take a while to design as it will be an all-new motorcycle, not a derivative of the 1190RX/SX platform. Perhaps some part of that quote was inaccurate?

Hughlysses
09-04-2014, 04:50 AM
Well, the article is back up as of last night. No deletions from the text as far as I can see, and a couple of photos have been added.

Scott
09-04-2014, 09:19 AM
AIM is just over a month away. I hope we'll be getting something then (even if it's not a full production model yet). But if they're planning on showing something at AIM, it seems like this interview would be the perfect opportunity to build some anticipation - though maybe their philosophy is no information builds more anticipation than a tease?

Or maybe they want to wait until a little closer.

I would love to see a Ducati ST4 type bike instead of/in addition to the AX, but I think there are a lot more people interested in a Uly successor, so I think that's highly unlikely.

. . . though an ST4 type bike would probably be easier to build on the existing platform, so maybe they could really surprise us with an 1190 ST at AIM and give us the 1190 AX some time next year.

I'm sure that's just wishful thinking.

Priently
09-20-2014, 02:25 PM
No AX in the near future. Glad to hear will be a different bike. I don't think the RS/RX/SX platform is a very good starting point for an adventure bike. Disappointing for those waiting.