PDA

View Full Version : Need new plastics...front fairing total failure at high speed

Nashville-RX
08-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Anyone have any idea how to get my hands on a full set of front plastics for a 2017 1190RX? It's yellow now, but I'm good with any new condition matching set I can get my hands on. Basically the stock set had some hairline cracks starting to form at top mount points and at 100+mph last night the whole front broke apart and ripped under the bike, thankfully kept her up and got off the freeway.

Also...Can you make an RX into an SX with new plastics if that's all that's available?

jdubxb
01-28-2020, 08:22 PM
Damn. I knew the stock plastic was thin and fragile, but not fragile enough to blow off like that!

Cooter
01-28-2020, 11:30 PM
I can't wait to hear the rest of this story!

Theres plenty of plastic available. EBR is still open for business. LAP has a bunch, and even find them and other deals on E-bay. The SX swap will work too, but you'll need the upper triple and handlebars to make the SX front headlight/fairing work.

Cooter
01-28-2020, 11:31 PM
Damn. I knew the stock plastic was thin and fragile, but not fragile enough to blow off like that!

It's not. Thats silly.