PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from a Hardcore Panigale Owner

Classax
08-21-2014, 06:50 AM
A short test ride video from a Panigale lover owner. If you have seen his other videos you will know he thinks the Panigale is the business except for the seat.

http://youtu.be/w9uIWUJXyFE?list=UUjDhQ-uBWzbbMq6VZurX-yA Part One

http://youtu.be/GPAsvlr30Zc?list=UUjDhQ-uBWzbbMq6VZurX-yA Part Two

I have tried to explain to people that the design of the bike makes it perform so well, only the speedo really suggest how quick it is. You will also note how much easier it is to read than the one on the Panigale.

You will find top gear roll ons to be a little slow from free way speeds because at 80mph in 6th gear you're almost in the 3k rpm. Rollons in 6th from 100 mph (about 5k) will surprise you. He says its lacking but you notice he goes from 80 to 92 in less than 100 rpm. All the REAL power is in the middle of the band 4.5 on up. At 7.5K she has a little surge of torque that lets you know you're given it full beans.

dmhines
08-21-2014, 11:28 AM
I agree with all he says. Not sure about the Top End comments ... Going WOT in 6th Gear at around 4K RPM of course is not gonna be fast. And I do wish EBR would update the display software and make a big blinking Directional arrow pop up in middle of screen so you don't forget about turn signals.

Classax
08-21-2014, 11:47 AM
I agree with all he says. Not sure about the Top End comments ... Going WOT in 6th Gear at around 4K RPM of course is not gonna be fast. And I do wish EBR would update the display software and make a big blinking Directional arrow pop up in middle of screen so you don't forget about turn signals.

+1 I'd actually like a road and track screen for when the lap timer is active, the gear indicator could be twice as big as it is. And yes I have become obsessive about canceling my signals from riding this bike. Self canceling would have been nice. If you watch his other vids you'll see he RAVES about the 1199 so for him to like the EBR that much is really a huge tip of the hat.

ljm
08-22-2014, 07:13 PM
I was just by Top Spoke this past weekend and they mentioned that someone was in to ride and do a video. Guess that closes the loop. Nice review I thought. I think if he had had to ride it a day or so, would have talked himself into buying it.

The Mrs. comments re: the roll on were, essentially, "why would you do that" and that he should have downshifted. She is also somewhat mystified about all the comments about the clutch. Perhaps some work on grip strength would be order for some people. I figure if a woman can ride this bike and not complain, well....

Classax
08-23-2014, 01:21 AM
I don't notice the clutch pull anymore unless I'm switching back and forth from bike to bike. The Mrs as always, is right!

dmhines
08-23-2014, 08:50 AM
I have pretty much gotten used to clutch too .. although my other bikes are quite a bit lighter. I keep hearing its vacuum assisted ... so maybe that is why it seems tough at a red light .. but not bad while going through the gears.