PDA

View Full Version : Sudden throttle

Kid Thunder
07-26-2019, 11:22 PM
I have a 15 SX with race ecm 44t rear sprocket.
Runs great until recently.
Still pulls great with plenty of power. What I did notice was. On a Saturday it was fine. Went out Sunday & now when I shift to the next gear it gives me an abrupt throttle response. Shift hit throttle & it jumps as it goes into the next gear. Like I waited to long to shift into the next gear. Took out all the free play in the throttle.
I went home & checked the air filter. A little dirty but bot bad. Cleaned it & went for a ride. Same problem. Original plugs 13,000 miles.
But the day before it was fine.
Could it be in the ecm? ??

EBRRider
07-27-2019, 08:25 AM
Have u done this mod yet ? Triumph revenge ??? :smirk::smirk:

Kid Thunder
07-27-2019, 07:26 PM
What mod is that that you are talking about? I did take the solenoid out awhile back.

EBRRider
07-27-2019, 10:01 PM
The air could possibly be strong enough to pull the the throttle butterfly causing a flutter,. , took an extra 30 seconds so why not?

Kid Thunder
07-27-2019, 11:04 PM
What's the zip tie holding?

EBRRider
07-28-2019, 08:34 AM
It supersedes the spring and puts you in full control. It was causing me hesitation coming out of curves hard and fast in low gears. I was able to see it in action test riding it with out the air box top off.

Cooter
07-28-2019, 12:05 PM
Is it part of the TC? Or is the TC only use spark control to manage tire slip?

EBRRider
07-28-2019, 01:16 PM
No not part of the TC.
On the electronics side, the RX features traction control developed entirely in-house with a whopping 20 different settings (21 including off), which EBR’s test rider and AMA Pro Superbike pilot, Cory West, helped fine tune. Steffanelli says the wide range of settings was designed to accommodate the equally wide range of rider abilities and circumstances they might face.
The system uses a rear-wheel speed sensor, combined with predictive and reactionary algorithms, to cut fuel, spark, or both, depending on the severity of the slip incident. This is made more impressive when you consider the RX still uses throttle cables and is not ride-by-wire. The bike doesn’t feature different power modes, but EBR feels the higher settings of the TC (resulting in more intervention) will help assuage the fears less experienced riders will have about opening the throttle on such a torque-heavy motorcycle. As a convenient side effect, higher TC levels also operates as a wheelie control function as well.

Full article

https://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/buell/2014-ebr-1190rx-review-first-ride.html?fbclid=IwAR3tAq_iUYzAKKOVAC_vQbSTMNdMnrz Ga-c30NU2f_3kRjrdlzYKrbvJCA4