PDA

View Full Version : Where are the accessories??

dmhines
08-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Pillion covers, shorty levers, race ECMs, exhaust, etc??

noone1569
08-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Patiently waiting.....

Doosh
08-20-2014, 07:16 AM
Exhaust and race ECM: So far as I can tell, the race teams are running the EBR exhaust that's available on the EBR web site. I'll bet if you call them and let them know what sanctioning body you are racing with they will also sell you a programmable ECM you can map yourself. I know the 1190RS uses the same ECM as the 1125r. Presumably the 1190RX is using something different because of the TC, but I don't actually know and haven't had the opportunity to take one apart yet and find out.

Short levers: The MCs are Nissin radial, right? That's a pretty ordinary part. Walk the paddock at a track day until you spot the same thing, pull the levers and compare. I'll bet there's a line up with some kind of Japanese hardware. The other option is up upgrade to something like an RCS19.

Bodywork: Have you given Trevor at Flexi-Glass a call? I'll bet he already has 1190 race bodywork molds!

fknroger
08-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Info on levers: ASV has levers that fit the EBR1190RX, part numbers are as follows: I got this info from ASV, as well as purchased levers. (Super nice people)
Brake lever is BRC511
Clutch lever is CRC511
add "S" to end of part number for Shorty length
add "K" to end of part number for Black
add "G" to end of part number for Gold

dmhines
08-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Did you install the levers yet?? Do they engage the brake and clutch lever switches properly? Can you post pictures please?? Thanks

fknroger
08-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Yes I installed last week, put 300 miles on my bike this weekend, no issues, work perfect, I will post pictures when I get a chance to take some.
I put shorty's on it, clutch it stout, better make sure you have some strong fingers!
I may change it to a standard length lever later.

dmhines
08-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Thanks ... I'll be ordering the standard length ...

Doug Porcaro
08-28-2014, 08:59 AM
I emailed Corbin about making a saddle. Hopefully they do!

noone1569
08-28-2014, 09:56 AM
I think the stock seat is excellent. Done a few six to seven hour days on it and never thought it was uncomfortable, surprisingly. Had a Corbin on my firebolt, was awesome.

Classax
08-28-2014, 07:17 PM
^^^^^^This!!!^^^^

fknroger
09-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Did you install the levers yet?? Do they engage the brake and clutch lever switches properly? Can you post pictures please?? Thanks
Couple of pictures with levers installed.

noone1569
09-02-2014, 12:11 PM
The radiator and oil cooler guards stock on the sx can be had for the rx, fitment is correct. My dealer can them at $36.30/ea

dmhines
09-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the Pics!

dmhines
09-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Accessories are coming ... http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store/models/1190rx.html

Classax
09-04-2014, 10:41 AM
The levers are nice! I might consider the shorty brake but not clutch.

"Accessories are coming ... http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store/models/1190rx.html (http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store/models/1190rx.html) " All that stuff is pretty much generic, (although I really like the foot pegs), that would have fit the 1125r.

The things they need to deliver are Windscreens, Quickshifter, exhausts options with and without resonator, race ecu, race plastics and Sprockets Front and Rear! The bike is over geared for the street and most tracks. That said, gearing being a torque mulitplyer, the tall gearing makes it much easier to ride but still. How about a single rider seat cowl, or a plate mount block off plate, or carbon fiber exhaust hanger. Until there are a lot more of these bikes on the street the aftermarket isn't going to invest. A strong OEM options catalog will go along way to help sales.

dmhines
09-04-2014, 01:01 PM
I picked up a brand new ASV BRC-511 brake lever for $50 on eBay. Installed it today. Fits perfect. Its comes with a bunch of different brake switch actuator lengths so I installed the longest one (Labeled Suzuki) and it works fine. I just ordered the matching Clutch Lever from MotoMummy since I couldn't find one any cheaper on eBay. Hopefully that also comes with the different actuator lengths because the EBR needs a long one.

http://pics.dmhines.com/buell/blever.jpg

dmhines
09-04-2014, 01:07 PM
I asked HotBodies about a seat cowl .. they said no plans for one ... not sure if they would have told me if EBR was gonna offer one. They did say they will have some sort of under tail cover in a few weeks and other racing bodywork. My understanding is HotBodies makes the bodywork for the RX and SX.

The levers are nice! I might consider the shorty brake but not clutch.

"Accessories are coming ... http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store/models/1190rx.html (http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store/models/1190rx.html) " All that stuff is pretty much generic, (although I really like the foot pegs), that would have fit the 1125r.

The things they need to deliver are Windscreens, Quickshifter, exhausts options with and without resonator, race ecu, race plastics and Sprockets Front and Rear! The bike is over geared for the street and most tracks. That said, gearing being a torque mulitplyer, the tall gearing makes it much easier to ride but still. How about a single rider seat cowl, or a plate mount block off plate, or carbon fiber exhaust hanger. Until there are a lot more of these bikes on the street the aftermarket isn't going to invest. A strong OEM options catalog will go along way to help sales.

Classax
09-04-2014, 05:05 PM
The Techmount 54mm fork mount fits quite nicely.

dmhines
09-05-2014, 09:58 PM
For guys buying ASV levers .. make sure you follow the directions for a Suzuki. You must change out the Plunger on the master Cylinder to the replacement one ASV includes in the box. The OEM one is too long for the ASV lever and would probably end up locking up the front caliper.

Sparky
07-09-2015, 01:30 AM
Does anybody know if a TaylorMade Racing CF clutch cover for 1125R will fit an 1190SX?

Betterbuell
07-09-2015, 05:08 AM
Exhaust and race ECM: So far as I can tell, the race teams are running the EBR exhaust that's available on the EBR web site. I'll bet if you call them and let them know what sanctioning body you are racing with they will also sell you a programmable ECM you can map yourself. I know the 1190RS uses the same ECM as the 1125r. Presumably the 1190RX is using something different because of the TC, but I don't actually know and haven't had the opportunity to take one apart yet and find out.

Short levers: The MCs are Nissin radial, right? That's a pretty ordinary part. Walk the paddock at a track day until you spot the same thing, pull the levers and compare. I'll bet there's a line up with some kind of Japanese hardware. The other option is up upgrade to something like an RCS19.

Bodywork: Have you given Trevor at Flexi-Glass a call? I'll bet he already has 1190 race bodywork molds!

Ive just fitted a Brembo RC19 master cylinder and havent had a chance to test, (track bike only) , What should one expect ?

Mike
07-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Sparky -

Yes they will.

Mike

Plotter
07-12-2015, 11:56 AM
I am ordering the power bronze windscreen, and tail tidy. The NCCR ECU and exhaust tips when they become available again. If I get the exhaust upgrade I will get the rear seat cowl from power bronze and the passenger peg removal kit.

I'd love to see some more options out there...

Somebody please explain the noid thing. I apologize if this sounds very novice, but I've never heard of it...

I got my old ZX10R to 187 to the wheel and I'd love to be able to do that with this bike... Can't wait to start the upgrades...

Brutus1190
07-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Plotter, solenoid that closes the throttle plates to reduce intake noise.....EPA garbage. I u bolted mine, and used the same resistor used on the Buell 1125r for the same issue. Resistor plug keeps it from throwing a check engine light.

Plotter
07-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Plotter, solenoid that closes the throttle plates to reduce intake noise.....EPA garbage. I u bolted mine, and used the same resistor used on the Buell 1125r for the same issue. Resistor plug keeps it from throwing a check engine light.

Thanks for the info on this. I will have to look into buying the resistor plug.

Betterbuell
07-14-2015, 07:14 PM
And how heavy is that thing, I thought it actually kept the butterflys open when rolling off to stop backfire popping ?

Mike
07-14-2015, 08:15 PM
Brutus is correct about the solenoid. As they say, been there... One of the first things I did to my 1125CR.

Sorry...but...WHY...would one think holding the butterfly(s) "open" would......? This would make the engine...for the most part, uncontrollable..!

Mike

Betterbuell
07-14-2015, 09:12 PM
Brutus is correct about the solenoid. As they say, been there... One of the first things I did to my 1125CR.

Sorry...but...WHY...would one think holding the butterfly(s) "open" would......? This would make the engine...for the most part, uncontrollable..!

Mike But I would have thought the butterflys would close on throttle off with their springs alone?, My theory is, while the engine is dropping down in revs with throttle off, the solenoid holds the butterflys slightly open ,until under 1000rpm, which does stop roll off crackle ? Next time we are in the air box check out if the solenoid pulls open or closes the linkages.

Brutus1190
07-15-2015, 12:50 AM
The solenoid closes the throttle plates under certain conditions so the bike meets EPA noise standards. On my 08 1125r in 3rd gear at about 4500 rpm if you rolled the throttle open it would pull like mad for a few seconds then it was li I e you closed the throttle. Denoid ed it and never had the problem again.

Betterbuell
07-15-2015, 06:46 AM
So it was like a big dead spot ? For a track bike would you recommend taking it out ? I was told that the ECU that I have wont send through a fault.