PDA

View Full Version : VERY Interesting Q&A on EBR FB This Week

Hughlysses
07-08-2018, 06:13 PM

Maybe with the economy doing well well investors are looking for opportunities?

EBRRider
07-09-2018, 09:09 AM
I copied this off Book of Faces

When I was talking a lot to EBR getting my replacement engine, the sentiment that the people I talked to was that of optimism. "You never know." Erik is pretty good at drumming up cash, and support. EBR may always be a boutique bike, maybe that's why he's the CTO for VangaurdSpark now, LAP has proven they are willing to work with him. I'd just wait and see. If enough people see value in the company, it can be revived.

MakingPAIN
07-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Now why would go and post this and make me all excited??!!!!

Thats great news. I would love to watch an America bike race again. That’s an assumption that he will race again, I mean what’s EBR without racing?

MakingPAIN
07-09-2018, 09:51 AM
And EBRRider I got those stickers!!!! Thanks a lot buddy I will post up pictures when they are on my bike. I have to try and match the blacks a little better before it’s permanent

EBRRider
07-09-2018, 10:38 AM
And EBRRider I got those stickers!!!! Thanks a lot buddy I will post up pictures when they are on my bike. I have to try and match the blacks a little better before it’s permanent

If for any reason i have 2 sets ,left. Yea pics, thanks.

LeesEBR
07-17-2018, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't call that a Q&A. By definition, sure it was an answered question...but it was only one, not a sit down or series of them.

I think it was merely to keep the brand relevant to sell parts.

Doug Porcaro
07-18-2018, 03:06 PM
I'd have to agree. I'm not getting my hopes up again, especially after they sold off all of their equipment.

Scott
10-24-2018, 08:18 AM
Does anybody have any real information (somebody that lives in the area maybe and/or talks to people connected with EBR) on the recent Facebook activity and cryptic tweets (like the "Operation 35")?

It certainly seems to me that since they stopped production, they have left the door open to starting back up, and there has been a skeleton crew and EBR entity since that time. I had sort of assumed one of the big hurdles was the inventory that was still sitting on dealer floors.

Now that the inventory is gone, it would be possible for somebody to restart very limited production (with prices likely higher than before and maybe some design tweaks to set the new bike apart and justify the price increase).

They seem to be hinting at something, and I don't know why they'd be hinting at something if they weren't, at the very least, courting new investors.

Hughlysses
10-25-2018, 04:50 AM
Does anybody have any real information (somebody that lives in the area maybe and/or talks to people connected with EBR) on the recent Facebook activity and cryptic tweets (like the "Operation 35")?

It certainly seems to me that since they stopped production, they have left the door open to starting back up, and there has been a skeleton crew and EBR entity since that time. I had sort of assumed one of the big hurdles was the inventory that was still sitting on dealer floors.

Now that the inventory is gone, it would be possible for somebody to restart very limited production (with prices likely higher than before and maybe some design tweaks to set the new bike apart and justify the price increase).

They seem to be hinting at something, and I don't know why they'd be hinting at something if they weren't, at the very least, courting new investors.

They sure seem to be hinting that something is pending. Seems like an “easy” upgrade that was known to be in the works would be ABS. This would also let them sell the bikes in Europe.

Scott
10-25-2018, 01:27 PM
:thumb: That would make sense. I remember, around the time of the shut-down, hearing rumors that they might have been working on a turbo or super-charged version. That could compete with things like the Kawasaki H2 rather than more traditional (and more plentiful and highly refined) superbikes.

Something like that would be distinct and could justify the $30K ish price they'd probably have to charge to be profitable selling low volumes.

Hughlysses
10-25-2018, 02:09 PM
Hmm. Another recent development that might play into a blown (in a good way) EBR is the recent private project for the iron-sleeved cylinders for EBR's to increase their durability. Obviously if some guys are cracking cylinders with stock engines you'd have to upgrade them to withstand boost. Maybe somebody at LAP has been paying attention to this project? Another point is you wouldn't need a real production line to build 10 or 20 bikes.

Scott
10-26-2018, 08:07 AM
Hmm. Another recent development that might play into a blown (in a good way) EBR is the recent private project for the iron-sleeved cylinders for EBR's to increase their durability. Obviously if some guys are cracking cylinders with stock engines you'd have to upgrade them to withstand boost. Maybe somebody at LAP has been paying attention to this project? Another point is you wouldn't need a real production line to build 10 or 20 bikes.

LAP is spending money to keep them running, and they're not just doing that for the fun of it. They have to think they will recoup their investment by selling them off or reviving them themselves.

Say what you want about LAP, but they're not in the business of throwing money away. They're betting EBR will come back in some form and they have a lot more information than any of us.

And while the new entity may not be what we want (high price, low volume) there has to be a model and point at which somebody could make a very low volume and high price model that they could sell a small number per year to people who have the money and interest in buying something extremely rare and unique.

Hughlysses
12-02-2018, 03:44 PM
EBR has posted additional similar updates to Facebook recently. This was posted to their page on Friday:

Erik’s elves are working hard to surprise the good girls & boys! What is on your Christmas wish list?

The fastest American Superbikes, designed by Erik BUELL Racing.

Then this was posted by someone else In the same thread this morning:

The question was asked... are you guys building New bikes or not?

They responded:

Following... because this was a good question. EBR’s team is very thankful for their passionate fans. When EBR does an actual press release it hits top news sources across the globe. Contrary to some ideas, it takes an entire team to be able to build an American superbike that is fully licensed for 50 states & capable to complete on the racetrack. EBR is still in business, we have supported our dealers & riders from our home office at the same building in East Troy, with a very quick parts operation in Michigan, & our superfans can see (if you look closely) these photos are not from 2017 in East Troy. There will be news coming in the next couple weeks once EBR has the proper package of information to release. For now we hope the real fans can enjoy (& hopefully not melt) when they see some of the teasers and photos we are sharing. Please keep in mind there is a team of people who care deeply about EBR and they remain positive with their support to continue to put these American Superbikes on the road & track. We appreciate our fan’s & riders continued passion & support! Ride Fast & Ride Safe!

So it seems pretty clear: they ARE building new bikes.

Hughlysses
12-06-2018, 04:04 PM
See thread here: https://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1736-EBR-Motorcycles-are-back-in-limited-production-December-6-2018-EBR-Press
or official press release and continued discussion.