PDA

View Full Version : Air filter/Solenoid

Kid Thunder
06-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Well lazy me as usually. I finally got to taking my air filter out to clean. 1st cleaning in, now get this, 9000 miles!!! It was packed solid!! I noticed the bike was sort of missing at steady throttle at cruising speeds. But open the throttle & it went away. Looking at the filter I'm shocked it even ran! Guess I will do it more often.
Also took the solenoid out because I have the race ecm. One question. How did you disconnect the cable from the unit? After about 5 minutes I just cut the cable. Other than that everything is fine again.

d_adams
06-27-2018, 04:48 PM
Small hook pick is what I normally used. Clean the filter at no more than 3000 miles, seriously. It's good to have a spare already oiled and cleaned just for this. Open it up, swap the filter, clean it at your leisure.

EBRRider
06-27-2018, 04:56 PM
9K Thats BAD !!!! I bet it was running RICH, The cable is just like a clutch cable you just twist and slide it out .

Kid Thunder
06-28-2018, 02:35 AM
I left the cable on the bike + cut it away from the solenoid shaft. I had no trouble getting it out of the adjuster bracket..

jdubxb
10-19-2018, 12:36 AM
I was surprised at how small the air filter is on the EBR. The filter for the XB is humongous in comparison.

Rb70383
12-02-2018, 11:05 AM
I was surprised at how small the air filter is on the EBR. The filter for the XB is humongous in comparison.

The XB has the BHAF.
I thought the same thing when I saw my filter.

Ebro
12-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Hey guys, I'm new and I own the bike for just about 2 months, didn't inspect the filter yet, because the previous owner said that it was fine for now, but I just want to confirm: can I simply wash and recharge it instead of buying the new one? I didn't see any recommendations in the owners manual in regards to this. As far as know only K&N and similar aftermarket filters are cleanable.

TerryS1980
12-06-2018, 01:13 AM
Hey guys, I'm new and I own the bike for just about 2 months, didn't inspect the filter yet, because the previous owner said that it was fine for now, but I just want to confirm: can I simply wash and recharge it instead of buying the new one? I didn't see any recommendations in the owners manual in regards to this. As far as know only K&N and similar aftermarket filters are cleanable.
The stock air filter is K&N and is cleanable.

Cooter
12-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Let me add a note of caution. IMO, banging them clean is plenty good enough as a service interval. When someone says they are "Recharging" them, it usually means they hose it full of brakleen, blast it with compressed air (the wrong direction) and soak them in waaaaaay too much oil. Problems arise shortly after.

Follow the K&N instructions:
Wash gently
let dry naturally
Do not use compressed air
very, very, Lightly mist some oil (if any)

Hope that helps!:cheers: