PDA

View Full Version : Mileage not showing

Ncook
06-07-2018, 06:46 PM
Looking at buying a new bike needing help. the ecu went bad and was replaced with a factory new Ecu but the existing mileage isn’t showing up on the dash. Is there any special sequence or tips to get the dash to show actual miles on the bike? Thanks in advance

golfman1966
06-07-2018, 11:01 PM
I've done a couple of things:

1) Replaced the factory ECM with one modified for the secondary muffler delete
2) Replaced the dash with one from eBay

In both cases the ECM or the dash have been automatically updated with the mileage from the device that had the highest reading. This was confirmed from EBR tech.

As far as I know, there is no reason the dash shouldn't write to your ECM unless the dash has problems.

Ncook
06-10-2018, 06:13 PM
I searched and couldn’t find how to remove the dash on the sx model. Can someone explain how to remove it?

EBRRider
06-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Looking at buying a new bike needing help. the ecu went bad and was replaced with a factory new Ecu but the existing mileage isn’t showing up on the dash. Is there any special sequence or tips to get the dash to show actual miles on the bike? Thanks in advance

Per Dean , Dash is permanent storage, will write mileage to the ecm. Swap the dash, 5 minute timer, will write mileage from the ecm into the dash. Swapping back the stock ecm from a race unit will result in an error for mileage or a fault if I'm not mistaken. Mileage from stock ecm at time vs mileage on race ecm won't match what's on the dash.

EBRRider
06-10-2018, 10:36 PM
I searched and couldn’t find how to remove the dash on the sx model. Can someone explain how to remove it?

Its pretty easy to remove ,just start taking the screws out then a few bolts on the bottom side. 2014

golfman1966
06-11-2018, 07:05 PM
When I replaced my dash I emailed EBR tech to determine how the mileage would read (the dash I bought on eBay had slightly higher mileage). Below is their response:

"The bike will retain whatever mileage is higher between the dash and the ECM. So depending what is stored in the dash you may end up with a higher odometer reading.

The VIN stored in the ECM will push to the dash."

Ncook
06-11-2018, 07:37 PM
I appreciate all the help. Thank you I just purchased 2014 sx white.