PDA

View Full Version : Tips / ECM kit - Dean Adams

JimSX
05-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Maybe this has been posted before .... if so apologies.

I've had the tips installed for about 1700 miles. One of the two decided to make a break for the ditch whilst I was out for a 75 mile ride. Came back home to disappointment. Went to Dean's site and it was sort of shut down. Left him a voice mail and he followed up by text. Had none in stock and worse ... he is recovering from illness. I gather not too serious, but it partially shuttered the business. Talked to him on the phone and apparently I'm not the only one kicking the bushes looking for a lost tip. I suspect that the clamp is insufficient to retain the tips. No excuse ... I should have checked the clamps "regularly", but I had more fun things to do. Anyway - if you haven't cinched your tips clamps in a while ....... I am going to to through drill and slip a bolt and nut under the clamp. Safety wire the screw as well. Cheers - Jim

PS - You'd be well advised to contact Dean right now as he's ordering material to knock up some tips.

EBRRider
05-12-2018, 07:42 PM
You could always go to any Muffer shop, and go with on the OD Vs the ID ,Look better sound better less $$$ . I am just giving you a fast option.
Check with Cooter this is his idea and has pics to show you .

http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1662-Lost-an-exhaust-tip

JimSX
05-13-2018, 10:12 AM
I did stop by a local muffler shop. He said that they had no way to mandrel bend the pipe. Also they did not have SS in any size ..... hmmmmm. I do like to support the people who support our sport. I'll probably see them in a week. Were you able to get the tips made in stainless steel?

EBRRider
05-13-2018, 12:33 PM
You need to go to a up to date muff shop with a mandrel, When I was using my tips I use Titanium pipe and heated the tips to be Blue.

Cooter
05-13-2018, 03:40 PM
If you don't want to order the metal from a metal shop (or Amazon) and do it yourself, go to a any muffler shop that does hot rods. They will have a ton of pre-made mandrel bends laying around.

StrangeTrip
05-16-2018, 10:42 AM
I ordered a 1 foot long piece of 2" OD stainless tube from Ebay, $20, and cut to your desired length and angle.