PDA

View Full Version : Dean Adams Round Exhaust

m_chaplin
01-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Last season I put the muffler delete and race ECM from EBR on my bike looking to change to the dean adams round exhaust. Does anyone know if the EBR ECM is compatible with that exhaust?

EBRRider
01-20-2018, 12:10 PM
No I dont think so, you need to get the tune for his pipe , From dean or IDS , Totally different tune. Bike could run lean and long term ruin your motor. I am sure Dean will pipe in with a better answer.

Cooter
01-20-2018, 07:51 PM
"Dean will pipe in"

PUUUNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!:astrosmiley:

The EBR ECM will need a different tune put in, or sell it and buy the right one from Dean or IDS. These EBR's are VERY sensitive to tuning as they don't adjust much by themselves.

Check the FB group, there is a guy in El Segundo CA selling a Keda and matching ECM right now.

m_chaplin
01-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Awesome thank you!!! I'll be selling the tips and the ECM shortly as soon as I can order the dean exhaust. If anyone is interested.

Kid Thunder
01-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Where in MA are you located? I live in RI.

gdisaac07
01-22-2018, 09:59 PM
Where in MA are you located? I live in RI.

And I'm in Boston.

phelan
01-23-2018, 01:05 AM
You can have EBR or IDS retune an EBR race ECM for about $75 IIRC. Contact Tim at IDSPD.com. For that matter, you should also check out Alan Hawkes' pipes at http://www.aph-performance-engineering.com . He makes amazing pipes, with a few off the shelf variants available, as well as doing custom variants as well. I just received my custom spec'd APH pipe from Alan (second APH I've owned, sold the first to order the custom variant) and it is outstanding. IDS and EBR also have ECM tunes available for APH pipes as they do Dean's pipes.

d_adams
01-26-2018, 07:06 AM
Just to "pipe in" here, yes, I'm still building them.

m_chaplin
01-27-2018, 04:24 PM
I'm in Fitchburg about 20 mins from Worcester

m_chaplin
01-27-2018, 04:26 PM
Just to "pipe in" here, yes, I'm still building them.

The bottom fairing fits over the round exhaust, correct? I'm just asking because I haven't seen many pictures with the fairing mounted back on the bike.

d_adams
01-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Both systems fit the stock fairing.

Cooter
01-29-2018, 06:46 PM
Are the fairing mounts the same for RX and SX mufflers?

d_adams
01-30-2018, 02:35 PM
I don't have any provisions for the SX trim panels. Otherwise, everything else is the same.

Cooter
01-31-2018, 12:46 AM
Dang. That means an RX belly pan wouldn't fit an SX muffler...

That's an unexpected difference! Thanks for the info Dean:wave:

d_adams
01-31-2018, 07:27 AM
An RX belly pan will fit around either muffler. You'd need to fabricate mount points for holding it though. The RX comes with brackets required (2 of them) to support the pan. If you were trying to put an RX pan on an SX, I can supply the rear brackets to save you a little effort, but you'd need to come up with something for the front and middle. Not sure why anyone would want to put the pan on an SX though, it's open on the bottom, so it won't pass tech for catching oil/coolant anyway.

Cooter
01-31-2018, 02:16 PM
It turns out I’m using the SX more for sport bike duties instead of all-around duties so I got a set of RX race fairings for the SX (closed belly) to convert it for track days and maybe some old guy races;), including the upper triple/ clip-ons etc.
All the while I’m thinking I should just get a low mile salvage RX for cheap...

konarider94
02-02-2018, 10:09 PM
You can have EBR or IDS retune an EBR race ECM for about $75 IIRC. Contact Tim at IDSPD.com. For that matter, you should also check out Alan Hawkes' pipes at http://www.aph-performance-engineering.com . He makes amazing pipes, with a few off the shelf variants available, as well as doing custom variants as well. I just received my custom spec'd APH pipe from Alan (second APH I've owned, sold the first to order the custom variant) and it is outstanding. IDS and EBR also have ECM tunes available for APH pipes as they do Dean's pipes.

I have a twin exit APH, what did you get customized?