PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump

Nemesis
12-28-2017, 02:03 AM
I've turned the bike off after a ride and in a couple of minutes you can hear the fuel pump prime again like you just turned it on.
What is going on?

Btw it feels like it's lost power.

Subarubrat
12-28-2017, 02:36 AM
The bike doesn't power down all the way right away with the key off, it stays "on" for a bit and as the fuel pressure drops the pump cycles briefly. I assume this is to keep the rail pressure up and prevent vapor lock and ease re-starting with a hot engine. But it is totally normal behavior.

Cooter
12-28-2017, 12:39 PM
X2 thats normal for the fuel pump to cycle with the key off.

If it feels like it's down on power thats a big deal. The best "butt dyno" is only 25% accurate 50% of the time. If you are feeling down power, its a huge change in the bike. Real dyno testing with a wideband O2 sensor is the only diagnosis tool you can use.

LeesEBR
12-28-2017, 08:13 PM
I figured the pump was circulating the fuel to keep it from getting too hot while sitting in the fuel rail with the engine off; circulates it for a given amount of time until the TB's are cooled down.

Nemesis
01-02-2018, 10:21 AM
Cheers for the feedback guys! Legends! And happy new year to you all!

Ok power is fine, rear tire pressure was down and once i put it back to 36 it turns the tire in first again no problem lol.
Raced my friends 1290duke an yeh i think the power is there maybe i just got used to it. Fuelling def needs sorting it rides like a ****ing pig compared to his
bike not smooth at all.

Cooter
01-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Thats what the little screws on the forks are for:008: :biggrin:

Unbound
01-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Thats what the little screws on the forks are for:008: :biggrin:

lmfaoooo