PDA

View Full Version : solenoid delete

Kid Thunder
10-16-2017, 03:41 PM
What does deleting a solenoid do. Sorry if this information is available but I can't find it.

buell-fan
10-16-2017, 06:06 PM
The most important thing it does is it stops the solenoid from activating a throttle chop at an inopportune time, (like in a curve). You can simply remove the solenoid's cable from the throttle body and tape or tie it back out of the way. Removing the whole assembly and installing the resistor plug isn't necessary.

Subarubrat
10-16-2017, 11:31 PM
Do the resistor plug so it is transparent, it is worth it and looses weight from a piece of junk that exists to turn down the volume of an already whisper quiet bike (in stock form).

zviadi
10-17-2017, 12:41 AM
http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?301-1190-RX-denoid

LeesEBR
10-17-2017, 09:34 AM
I removed my cable from both the solenoid and the TB. Then zip-tied the two TB cams together. Regarding weight...mine's not a track bike, I don't care and highly doubt I would notice the difference with it gone.

zviadi
10-17-2017, 11:02 AM
For me, denoid led to better feedback of gas handle. With the solenoid, response of gas was "rubber".

LeesEBR
10-17-2017, 12:37 PM
For me, denoid led to better feedback of gas handle. With the solenoid, response of gas was "rubber".
Do you have a stock ECM? I have a dead spot when first twisting the throttle.

Kid Thunder
10-17-2017, 11:12 PM
Thanks!

zviadi
10-18-2017, 01:58 AM
Do you have a stock ECM?

Yes. Full stock bike.
The solenoid prevents rapid opening of throttle valves when the gas is suddenly opened. Hence this effect of "rubber" at medium revs.

zviadi
10-18-2017, 02:13 AM
You can simply remove the solenoid cable from the throttle and ride without it. At the same time check whether there is a difference in response of gas handle. if you will not be a difference - it's never too late to get the solenoid cable back.
I rode two weeks with removed cable, the end of this cable at that time loosely lay in airbox. Then a resistor came from Germany and I completely removed the solenoid.

EBRRider
10-18-2017, 08:44 AM
When I removed mine I didnt notice and difference, just glad I removed if it was not needed.

LeesEBR
10-18-2017, 03:42 PM
I think I'm going to reinstall my cable and see if that flat spot goes away.

EBRRider
10-18-2017, 06:14 PM
No that will not help. it pulls the throttle shut when activated. Did you use a resistor plug ?
If you roll the throttle on do you feel a flat spot?

LeesEBR
10-19-2017, 11:05 AM
No that will not help. it pulls the throttle shut when activated. Did you use a resistor plug ?
If you roll the throttle on do you feel a flat spot?
The solenoid is still plugged in, I just removed the cable so it's not acting on the butterflies. I also zip-tied the cams together.

Yes, roll-on feels a significant flat spot.

EBRRider
10-19-2017, 11:12 AM
I could not find any thing about about zipping cams together ??

Did you have a flat spot before you did your solenoid unhook ? If so it has nothing to do with your solenoid, Look else where.

My understanding is that removing it keeps the bike from doing a shut down at approximately 5800 rpm in third gear at WFO. Apparently, Erik knows where the EPA has put the noise level

http://ebrforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1083.html

LeesEBR
10-19-2017, 02:04 PM
I could not find any thing about about zipping cams together ??

Did you have a flat spot before you did your solenoid unhook ? If so it has nothing to do with your solenoid, Look else where.

My understanding is that removing it keeps the bike from doing a shut down at approximately 5800 rpm in third gear at WFO. Apparently, Erik knows where the EPA has put the noise level

http://ebrforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1083.html
I had sync issues between my throttle bodies, and I removed the cable at the same time I fixed the butterflies, so I don't know 100%.

EBRRider
10-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Just gotta throw this out there, Did the flat spot start around the time when you worked on it , If so Double check your work.

LeesEBR
10-20-2017, 12:40 AM
That's what I'm saying, I really didn't notice it before because I was too bothered with its other issues (cough, rough idle, stall, and stumble at tip-in). I may undo the solenoid delete (cable delete) and see if that fixes the flat spot.

I have done a TPS reset and verified my idle TPS is correct voltage and degrees.

buell-fan
10-20-2017, 01:51 PM
LeesEBR, I would call or send a message to Tim at Intelligent Design Solutions in Indiana, the manufacturer of the ECM, to see if he can reflash your ecm. He can do about anything required to get it going smoothly for you; including flashing it to a programmable ECM so you can make changes to the exhaust and tune alone and at will.

LeesEBR
10-21-2017, 12:06 AM
This is the zip tie...

EBRRider
10-21-2017, 08:48 AM
Why did you zip-tie the two TB cams together ?

Cooter
10-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Theres a theory that they get sloppy or out of adjustment. I took off my solenoid and safety wired mine together. Not sure if it mattered but it made sense in theory. I haven't had any issues.

LeesEBR
10-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Why did you zip-tie the two TB cams together ?
Another theory is that fast throttle openings can cause the butterflies to flutter as the spring combats the vacuum.

I removed the zip tie. This morning's ride showed there is still a little flat spot, but not nearly as noticeable. Will confirm on ride home.

Theres a theory that they get sloppy or out of adjustment. I took off my solenoid and safety wired mine together. Not sure if it mattered but it made sense in theory. I haven't had any issues.
Do you have a stock ECM? I'm thinking more and more that it's something to do with fueling in the stock maps.

EBRRider
10-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Another theory is that fast throttle openings can cause the butterflies to flutter as the spring combats the vacuum.

I removed the zip tie. This morning's ride showed there is still a little flat spot, but not nearly as noticeable. Will confirm on ride home.

Do you have a stock ECM? I'm thinking more and more that it's something to do with fueling in the stock maps.

I am running Deans Race program, Cooter, I am sure is running the race secondary delete program.

Cooter
10-23-2017, 12:43 PM
You are correct, I didn’t ride with the stock ECM long enough to notice a stutter:)