PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Roll-On hesitation/slip

LeesEBR
10-11-2017, 10:13 AM
So when I'm around 5-6k rpm and give a quick roll-on the throttle, it feels like the clutch slips a little and then grabs and goes. Or it's like the ECM is slow to respond to the throttle change; like it's getting more air and fuel, but the timing isn't changing immediately so there's a short delay (1/2 - 1 sec) and then you feel it kind of kick in and really take off. Usually it's very noticeable kick, sometimes not so much.

It's been doing this since day one, I thought it was normal, but talking to a couple other guys it doesn't appear so. Solenoid cable is removed, cams are zip-tied together.

My TC was off. I put the trans in neutral and turned TC to 5, then back to off, thinking it might be something there...no change.
I did a TPS reset. No change.
My next thought was to disconnect the vac line to the clutch (cap both hose and port), maybe it's holding some vacuum that's keeping the clutch from fully engaging under immediate load?

EBRRider
10-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Are you using a stock ECM ? Stock you will have a flat spot, up grade to a race ECM and it will be gone.

LeesEBR
10-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Are you using a stock ECM ? Stock you will have a flat spot, up grade to a race ECM and it will be gone.
Yes, stock.

Well, ****. Trying to buy a house, bike upgrades are on hold.

phelan
10-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Maybe you are lucky and it's just the back tire slipping :P .