PDA

View Full Version : Insuring the 1190RX

TexArmageddon
05-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Anyone here able to recommend Insurance here in Texas that isn't a Total Scam? I got a Quote From Geico and that quote is out of this world. Being 24 I wasn't expecting a Cheap quote, but 13,000 a Year? Yet, I can Insure a Ducati Panigale R or HP4(through Geico) for less than a Quarter of what they're asking for the 1190rx. It almost sounds as if they're quoting the RS instead of the RX..

Classax
05-10-2014, 04:32 PM
They are quoting you RS numbers, try state farm.

noone1569
05-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Too bad Rider doesn't cover TX. 440/yr full coverage on my RX with great coverage.

ljm
05-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I don't know about Texas, but I have allstate and it is between 5 and 600. RS is about 800. On the other hand, I am OLD.

Doosh
05-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Texas insurance is nuts on a lot of things, but bikes and homes in particular!

dmhines
05-13-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't know about Texas, but I have allstate and it is between 5 and 600. RS is about 800. On the other hand, I am OLD.

I have ALLSTATE.

They originally wrote my policy and indicated it was an RS .. Price was $975/Year full coverage. Ouch. I noticed the mistake and told my agent that its an RX and not an RS. The RX is 1/3 the price of an RS. Supposedly he talked to underwriters at ALLSTATE. They said RX was not in their system. He forwarded them the EBR website and indicated to them the MC was $19K .. not $46K show insurance should be cheaper.

According to my agent .. the Underwriters would not budge ... they rated RX and RS as the same so I am stuck with $975/Year insurance.

You are telling me the Allstate Agent in Texas shows 2 different costs and has both the RX and RS in their quote database. In GA they did not have the RX in the database.

Please post the name and number of your ALLSTATE agent .. I need got get my agent to call him.

dmhines
05-16-2014, 09:57 AM

Can you post the name and phone number of your Allstate Agent. My Agent said that the Underwriting guys are pricing the RS and RX the same. Costing me $975 per year. I want my guy to call your guy. THanks

Gemini
08-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I got a great rate from geico. I think I pay 60 a month

dmhines
08-18-2014, 06:08 AM
Allstate getting $960 a year for me .. and thats with Multi-Bike discounts and I have home and car with them. GEICO quoted me $2200 for the RX!! Allstate and Geico seem to be treating the RX and RS the same. I also got an online quote for an RS from GEICO and it was same price. Allstate originally listed my bike as an RS. When I corrected them and asked for underwriters to look at cost difference between RS and RX ... they didn't care. Just update my policy to an RX and kept price the same.

I have clean license, single and 47 years old

Dewyz1100
04-19-2016, 06:21 PM
I recently bought a new (never sold) 2014 RX, and my Allstate agent here in WA quoted me ~$1500 a year for insurance on it...

When I questioned him, I asked if he was sure he was quoting an RX and not the RS and explained the difference...

Sure enough his system reported my VIN as an RS and a manual sub-model entry kicked back an error...

I contacted EBR about the issue, and they verified that my VIN was indeed an RX configuration...they gave me permission to share our correspondence with Allstate and was willing to speak with my rep to get the problem resolved...

My Allstate agent has issued a work order to change their database, and he should hear something in 2-3 business days...

Fingers crossed...

FYI - a quick online quote from Progressive was only ~$550...so hopefully Allstate can get the system corrected...I'd hate to jump ship for one policy...but well worth it...

I told the agent that I would make him a deal and pay the quoted premium, but he would have to supply all the RS carbon fiber and exotic metal components to swap them out for my stock RX ones... ;)