PDA

View Full Version : 44t & new tires

Kid Thunder
09-09-2017, 11:06 PM
Last week I just changed my tires & put a 44t rear sprocket. Wow what a difference!! Now I know why Erik was going to put one on the Black Lightening. I was unhappy with the gearing with the 41t. Now it's a joy to ride in the city, & back roads. I live in Rhode Island so I don't have to worry about losing some top end. So I can't do 170 now I can only do 158 or so!!
Tires also helped. I had crashed back on May27th. Missed a turn & the bike went off road head on into a ditch that was full of rocks from a damaged stone wall. When it hit the rocks it did a stoppy & I was still holding on. The bike was impaled in the rocks standing up like it had a right side kickstand! It hit the rocks hard enough that it dented out the edge of the rim. Like when you hit a big pothole. Still held air. But it must have damaged the tire cord. It wore really screwy.
So with the new tire(Bridgstone BT016Pro)it cleared up the handling. Hint: Never go by how a damaged tire LOOKS! It could have sustained internal damage.
I have run a couple of sets of BT016Pros on my Tuono & you can't beat them for the discount prices they had on them. I paid between $130-140 for a PAIR!! That's right, a pair. They were a hot thing about 5 years ago & are good enough for me.
Now I am happy!