PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding clutch

Kid Thunder
07-28-2017, 11:40 PM
I had to replace the outer clutch cover. I bolted everything up. Tried to force bleed fluid from the cover bleeder valve up to the clutch reservoir. When I try to do this it only gets as far as the banjo bolt & no farther. When I put fluid into the reservoir with the clutch disconnected it leaks out the hose so the hose is clear. But I can't get it to pump up. I use a syringe to pump it in. I've done many brake with this method but I don't know why this won't work. Could it be that I can't do it this way with the EBR. At a loss.

Speedy13
07-29-2017, 10:19 AM
I usually use a vacuum bleeder on my hydraulics. I think there is also a bleed fitting at the master cylinder

EBRRider
07-29-2017, 10:50 AM
You need to prime the master first , get the air out till it starts pumping.

Kid Thunder
07-29-2017, 01:43 PM
EBR Rider. Hey thanks, you were right. I had done another trick I had learned 1st. I had filled the reservoir & left it open with the lever zip tied in over nite a couple of nites ago. When I did I saw some bubbles come up from the master. I went back out today & I had about 3/4 lever. Bled the master bleeder & a bubble came out & that was it!! Again, thanks.

EBRRider
07-29-2017, 03:06 PM
anytime,