PDA

View Full Version : Dean Adams hp torque number?

han
07-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Thinking about getting A dean Adams just wondering how much increase to expect and if it makes a noticible difference.If so where does it show...low end top end.Any specific info would be appreciated.Hopefully Mr Adams can offer info

d_adams
07-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Average gain, 15 hp, 10 ft/lbs over stock. Some make more, some less. Highest recorded that I'm aware of, 179/95 coming from 162/85 stock. Ordering is currently disabled, I intend to take a little break later this summer and spend some quality time with my wife & kids when I get through the current build list. It may be a month or so before I turn it all back on.

han
07-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Average gain, 15 hp, 10 ft/lbs over stock. Some make more, some less. Highest recorded that I'm aware of, 179/95 coming from 162/85 stock. Ordering is currently disabled, I intend to take a little break later this summer and spend some quality time with my wife & kids when I get through the current build list. It may be a month or so before I turn it all back on.

Ah thanks a lot.Im curious where in the band will i feel it.

EBRRider
07-11-2017, 09:03 PM

Not sure but I think this is Deans.

d_adams
07-12-2017, 06:02 AM
That was done at the Dynojet facility in Vegas, was a 2014 SX with a PC-V. Stock was 160, final out of that particular one was 174 but I forget what the torque numbers were. Jacob Stark's bike.

Most likely you'll notice the difference around 6k rpm and up. No real flat spot any longer and just more power in general.

han
07-12-2017, 08:25 AM
That was done at the Dynojet facility in Vegas, was a 2014 SX with a PC-V. Stock was 160, final out of that particular one was 174 but I forget what the torque numbers were. Jacob Stark's bike.

Most likely you'll notice the difference around 6k rpm and up. No real flat spot any longer and just more power in general.

Ok cool thanks a lot.

PADicus1487
07-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Agree with the above. I did 44T sprocket along with the exhaust and it changed the bike completely. Less lugging around town (before I had to keep it above 4-4.5k or else it would bog). Now I can ride down to 2.5-3k with minimal bogging. Nice because that means less shifting in town. Above 8k it's an animal until about 150mph where it starts to slow vs an I4 motor would keep pulling a little harder. But the best advantage was less bogging around town with a good boost in midrange, as if it needed it!
Just beware of being the most hated neighbor as cold starts will rattle your walls from within the garage. My neighbor 2 houses down told me I'm his alarm clock every morning when I start it at 4am lol. Hope that helps Han!

han
07-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Agree with the above. I did 44T sprocket along with the exhaust and it changed the bike completely. Less lugging around town (before I had to keep it above 4-4.5k or else it would bog). Now I can ride down to 2.5-3k with minimal bogging. Nice because that means less shifting in town. Above 8k it's an animal until about 150mph where it starts to slow vs an I4 motor would keep pulling a little harder. But the best advantage was less bogging around town with a good boost in midrange, as if it needed it!
Just beware of being the most hated neighbor as cold starts will rattle your walls from within the garage. My neighbor 2 houses down told me I'm his alarm clock every morning when I start it at 4am lol. Hope that helps Han!

Yeah i a top end freak and im looking for every ounce of power i can get.This bike would be perfect if it had more power up top.

Nemesis
07-13-2017, 10:57 PM
I've only ridden mine with the 44t rear so i didnt get to experience the silly long first ratio but from what i was told it was ridiculously over geared.

I def like how punchy it is atm, it's addictive.

d_adams
07-14-2017, 06:39 AM
Yeah i a top end freak and im looking for every ounce of power i can get.This bike would be perfect if it had more power up top.

Yeah, so you picked the wrong bike for that activity then. You want speed, get a busa or whatever I4 bike does it. This one is built for handling and the visceral appeal. It is quick and handles better than I'll ever be able to ride it, but top speed, not so much. I've been up around 170 on it but that's it. Seen a few others go faster, none above 185 though unless it was a WSBK bike run by one of the factory teams.

EBRRider
07-14-2017, 08:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCzIBxZU9ww

THE best bikes, in America. The RX & SX are worth the price of admission. Even at $12,995-13,995. There isn't a better bike, on the planet, for the $$
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCzIBxZU9ww)

Nemesis
07-14-2017, 07:42 PM
Yeah, so you picked the wrong bike for that activity then. You want speed, get a busa or whatever I4 bike does it. This one is built for handling and the visceral appeal. It is quick and handles better than I'll ever be able to ride it, but top speed, not so much. I've been up around 170 on it but that's it. Seen a few others go faster, none above 185 though unless it was a WSBK bike run by one of the factory teams.

My previous bike was a hayabusa, i loved it. Two VERY different bikes.

This bike feels fast and you dont have to do silly speeds for it to feel that way, the hayabusa makes 120 odd mph feel lame and slow. You could ride it with
one hand on the hwy @ those speeds.

If han loves a top end animal, the s1000rr from bmw is very hard to beat..