PDA

View Full Version : Thought for the Day- How Long will this forum be here?

Hughlysses
06-28-2017, 09:01 AM
I noticed a comment in a thread about saving some data from EBR.com in case the site disappears (which it probably will eventually). Then it occurred to me this forum is also in a precarious situation. AF1 was a "first generation" EBR dealer, but they didn't re-up when LAP bought EBR out. I'd imagine it's a considerable expense for them to keep this board running. It's awfully nice of them to keep it going, but I can't imagine they'll do it forever.

Any ideas about an alternate location for the forum?

Hopefully AF1 will give some advance warning when/if they decide to drop it.

noone1569
06-28-2017, 12:51 PM
I noticed a comment in a thread about saving some data from EBR.com in case the site disappears (which it probably will eventually). Then it occurred to me this forum is also in a precarious situation. AF1 was a "first generation" EBR dealer, but they didn't re-up when LAP bought EBR out. I'd imagine it's a considerable expense for them to keep this board running. It's awfully nice of them to keep it going, but I can't imagine they'll do it forever.

Any ideas about an alternate location for the forum?

Hopefully AF1 will give some advance warning when/if they decide to drop it.

If AF1 decides to kill the forum, I'm down for figuring out hosting, continuation as well.

Sparky
06-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Badweatherbikers.com not too long ago instituted a voluntary "Donate to BadWeB" link whereby one could contribute any amount via PayPal or credit/debit card to the admin owner of the site to offset the expense of continuing its presence on the web. Perhaps this could be an option for this sites's owner?

Or, gulp, we could just migrate over to the BadWeB?:eek:

MakingPAIN
06-28-2017, 02:54 PM
Why not buellxb.com....... they have a tiny little section already carved out for us to post up..

Hughlysses
06-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Either Badweb or BuellXB would work. Badweb also has an EBR sub-forum. BuellXB's software is more up-to-date (like this board), so that would make it more user-friendly.

Perhaps someone from AF1 will chime in and let us know what the long-term outlook is for the forum.

d_adams
06-28-2017, 06:22 PM
If they want to transfer the domain and let me make a backup copy of the current forum as it sits, I can host it on the same web server I run my other stuff from. Bandwidth is not a problem there.