PDA

View Full Version : Quick Throttle

White SX
06-21-2017, 08:06 PM
Has any body done a quick throttle on their EBR? If so what did you use? Are there other options then the Motion Pro quick throttle kits?

noone1569
06-22-2017, 09:51 AM
Don't try to go with another option, succumb to the motion pro rev 2, it is glorious.

zviadi
06-22-2017, 02:35 PM
http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1055-R6-throttle-tube-modification-huh
I think a similar tuning component for R6.

Kid Thunder
06-22-2017, 04:53 PM
What model Rev 2 Motion Pro kit do I use for the EBR SX?

Cooter
06-23-2017, 03:01 AM
Really? With the 43 tooth rear sprocket it's hard enough to leave a stop light or pass someone without standing on the rear wheel:twitch:

noone1569
06-23-2017, 10:27 AM
It really helps smooth out throttle delivery IMO as well. I run it on the rx with a 43, perfect.

marticm
06-24-2017, 08:29 AM
Contact Motion Pro. They build a special kit for the EBR. Obviously it's a low volume item. Might take them a couple of extra days to put one together for you. Definitely agree with noone1569.

buell-fan
06-24-2017, 08:37 AM
Has any body done a quick throttle on their EBR? If so what did you use? Are there other options then the Motion Pro quick throttle kits?

The larger Yamaha R6 throttle tube works as a plug and play unit. But I used a piece of pcv tube epoxied to the OEM tube and ground it to a cam shape so it would put slower input at part throttle and bigger input getting toward WOT.

White SX
06-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Well that's an interesting way to do it. Progressive throttle! When you epoxied the pvc tube did you cut a groove for the cable to lay in?

buell-fan
06-26-2017, 05:37 AM
Well that's an interesting way to do it. Progressive throttle! When you epoxied the pvc tube did you cut a groove for the cable to lay in?

Yes, it lays right in the middle anyways.

Kid Thunder
06-26-2017, 07:25 PM
On the Motion Pro listing it list the kit will fit both SX/RX. Aren't the cables shorter for the RX model?

buell-fan
06-27-2017, 07:47 AM
On the Motion Pro listing it list the kit will fit both SX/RX. Aren't the cables shorter for the RX model?

The difference in cable lengths doesn't prevent the use of the quick turn throttle, it only prevents changing to high bars on an RX.

noone1569
06-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Buddy here put one on his SX, and motionpro's recommendations were all over the place on cable routing. I can have him take some pics of what finally worked without binding

buell-fan
06-28-2017, 03:50 PM
Buddy here put one on his SX, and motionpro's recommendations were all over the place on cable routing. I can have him take some pics of what finally worked without binding

I discovered that both the RX and SX bike's cables bind, even with stock controls. They do it with the bars turned because it bends the cable at the fork leg.

Kid Thunder
06-28-2017, 06:44 PM
noone1569: Thanks that would be great. I noticed the long travel throttle the 1st time I road the SX.

wadebuck
07-09-2017, 09:54 PM

-its tight,very tight fit to get throttle cables to go under the banjo nut on bottom of hydraulic brake assemly

-the final way i settled on has throttle cables go thru the throttle side hanger, but NOT the clutch side hanger. you just route the throttle cables BEHIND the clutch hydraulic line which DOES go thru the left side hanger as it should.

-you have to rotate the entire right brake assembly, AND remove the plastic pin for the starter/kill switch assembly so you can slide that over some and make more room.

-its a big hassle but now that i know the route i could have saved 8 hours or work. tried many ways and at first only way was to REMOVE both wire hangers on each side of head...but didnt like the idea of clutch line and throttle cables freely moving around in there.

-i put the progressive throttle disc in and LUV LUV LUV it..makes the bike totally rideable in heavy traffic commuting and since progressive ones you roll it on it rapidly goes to WOT.