PDA

View Full Version : 2014 SX Screen went white

CMMagnussen
06-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Powered it up yesterday morning screen was flickering and gray, restarted it was fine. After an hour it went white and stayed that way. I am guessing a bad dash? Is there a way to dismantle and fix it? If I can find a used one can I get my odometer corrected?

Thanks

muleman
06-18-2017, 09:54 PM
Where in NY? Did you get any comm Errors before? Also maybe try re-seating the dash comm plugs.

CMMagnussen
06-19-2017, 04:28 PM
No com errors reseated the plug several times. Opened the case there was a little water in there no sign of corrosion or burn.

Located near Seneca Falls

golfman1966
06-20-2017, 07:58 AM
What it the serial number of your dash? The earlier ones have multiple issues, including bad traces inside the main board (causing communication errors), and cases that crack and allow the elements to get inside. If you've got one of these earlier revision dashes, it is inevitable that you'll need a replacement. I'd say since you had water in yours, it's toast.

Mine went into communication error some time ago, and after fiddling with it for several weeks to see if I could revive it, I finally decided to buy a replacement. New from EBR, they were somewhere north of $600, so I emailed EBR tech and asked if there was any reason a used one wouldn't work. Their reply was the ECU and the dash store the mileage, and whichever one is higher would get written to the other, but otherwise it would work fine. So, I found a used one on Ebay (a version 2.0 dash) and installed it. I gained about 500 miles on the odometer, but it worked perfectly, and as a bonus it had the updated firmware from the factory.