PDA

View Full Version : Lap liquidation sale footage

MakingPAIN
06-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Here is some video from YouTube channel Night rider.. Seems like they are not trying to sell the stuff very cheap

https://youtu.be/kCAyN1e6EVM

MakingPAIN
06-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Take a look at the table with exhaust some of those look very different than what we see on the buells

1190SX
06-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Something tells me they will end up giving that stuff away if they don't price it reasonably. It's already a limited market.

MakingPAIN
06-11-2017, 11:54 AM
I would like to see a place like AF1 or someone buy most of it as a bull deal so we have someone to go to for parts instead of it just being spread thin everywhere

1190SX
06-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Yeah, but I'd hate to see them get screwed on pricing and have to pass it on to us

golfman1966
06-11-2017, 05:54 PM
I'm having a hard time figuring out this auction process. I doesn't seem to be very logical or effective to limit yourself to those that can physically go to the factory and buy what they want. I would've expected them to list the inventory online for sale or at least try to generate some interest from a company that would want to buy the parts and support the brand after it's finally gone. I just hope someone gets the parts that has an interest in keeping our bikes alive, I can't afford to buy every part that might go bad over time and keep it on the shelf in my garage until I might need it.

han
06-16-2017, 06:54 PM
I'm having a hard time figuring out this auction process. I doesn't seem to be very logical or effective to limit yourself to those that can physically go to the factory and buy what they want. I would've expected them to list the inventory online for sale or at least try to generate some interest from a company that would want to buy the parts and support the brand after it's finally gone. I just hope someone gets the parts that has an interest in keeping our bikes alive, I can't afford to buy every part that might go bad over time and keep it on the shelf in my garage until I might need it.

Went there and they were clearly trying to rip people off.Think of LAP like used car salesman.They were charging over market value for a lot of things some even used.Most of us pretty much know how much things are to counter with a f@ck u price.They realized it wasnt working so they had to give a little.Also its obvious they dont know bikes.Just a side note they scratched up so many good plastics by stuffing them in a box like toys..smh.Scratches all over. You can find some great stuff but its all unorganized.Always make a counter offer and know what your looking for and how much it cost or theyll try to rape u.

I dont think they realize there is only a small group that has any use for these parts.There wont be a lot of competition for them.Not to mention with people crashing these bikes that number is dwindling

oddball
06-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Scratching up all that plastic was what i was thinking when i saw how they were stuffed in the bins or piled on each other without something between each piece.

1190SX
06-17-2017, 10:53 AM
I'll take a set of scratched plastics at a steep discount. White RX please.

1190SX
06-17-2017, 11:15 AM
Went there and they were clearly trying to rip people off.Think of LAP like used car salesman.They were charging over market value for a lot of things some even used.Most of us pretty much know how much things are to counter with a f@ck u price.They realized it wasnt working so they had to give a little.Also its obvious they dont know bikes.Just a side note they scratched up so many good plastics by stuffing them in a box like toys..smh.Scratches all over. You can find some great stuff but its all unorganized.Always make a counter offer and know what your looking for and how much it cost or theyll try to rape u.

I dont think they realize there is only a small group that has any use for these parts.There wont be a lot of competition for them.Not to mention with people crashing these bikes that number is dwindling

Anybody check the stats for this site? Active members is 299, members is 971. Those numbers are probably close to representative of the number of 'enthusiasts' for EBR motorcycles, probably closer to the 299 figure. Most likely half of those people aren't 'enthusiasts', just on the forum for support or other helpful info. This probably leaves you with even less actual enthusiasts who want to buy a lot( or any) parts. Personally, I wouldn't even consider myself a Buell enthusiast, I bought the 1190 because it was the American Superbike, not because Erik Buell made it, even though I do like the guys work and his ideals. This leaves pretty much only the business man looking for an opportunity to buy a lot and make some money, basically what LAP does. Honestly I even considered going in and buying a lot of the parts, setting up the website and selling them, but the numbers aren't there. There is not even a decent opportunity for a return on investment in the short or mid term. You're looking at holding onto these parts for years waiting for people to crash their bikes and order parts to repair them. There just aren't enough bikes out there to make it worthwhile. I imagine this is the reason LAP spoke about the intent to try and find investors for EBR initially. Liquidation was never a great option because there is such a limited market, especially for the excess parts, which are only useful to owners.

Subarubrat
06-17-2017, 06:30 PM
I'm not too worried. If much of it goes unsold in this phase, and nobody steps up soon to buy in bulk (as stated nobody likely will due to the asking price) then eventually they will have to dump them cheep, they aren't retailers and probably don't want to carry what is probably a taxable inventory and certainly costly to warehouse. I am thinking early fall and these parts will be for sale somewhere.

MakingPAIN
06-18-2017, 01:21 AM
So you guys made me think about something. I sent a e mail to EBR about some parts and they sent back some pretty steep figures on them. I wonder if I am just talking to the liquidation tools and not EBR..? Someone from EBR or LAP sould really make a crystal clear statement letting owners know what is going on. Because from everything I see it is starting to look like they are just shooting from the hip.:badass:

1190SX
06-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Last items I purchased from them were in May. I contacted was told EBR was handling all parts sales for now. Prices weren't crazy high, but some small items seemed steep. Then again I am used to paying BMW prices, and the cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider.

EBRRider
06-18-2017, 09:13 AM
How does NCCR fit into to this ???
http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell-racing-1/

MakingPAIN
06-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Has anyone physically spoke to anyone from NCCR.?? It would be cool to see them get involved in this auction and pick some replacement parts up for future use.. they are one of the only people that try to market our bikes with a lot of inventory, at least that is how their site portrays them..

ryandcramer
06-20-2017, 06:42 PM
I just picked up 6 engine covers, 3 each side, rear sets each side, rear brake lever, carbon fiber exhaust hanger Brittain original VHS documentary ( had too lol :)) 6 copies of the 2010 company marketing pamphlets, Samco hoses, a stator for $225.00

theres still a bunch of wheels, and replacement parts left and now you just throw out a price.

Lots of engine parts too.

MakingPAIN
06-20-2017, 07:13 PM
I wish I was closer to EBR to pick some stuff up in person, this ordering process thing sucks from them. But if I get my parts someday whatever. It is what it is