PDA

View Full Version : Parts prices

Kid Thunder
06-05-2017, 11:17 PM
I am needing some new parts after a crash last week on my SX. Bike crashes well but I got 5 broken ribs. Talk about pain!!! 1 is bad 5 is unbelievable!
To my question. I looks up the parts on the EBR site fine but now there there isn't any price list. Do I send them the order & get the prices later? How will the insurance company get prices for an estimate?

Hughlysses
06-06-2017, 06:04 AM
Sorry about your crash and ribs.

I believe LAP said they would put the parts back up on the site at discounted prices once they figure out what parts they need to set aside for warranty support for the 2016/2017 bikes. I'd call or email them and ask what's going on.

oddball
06-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Hughlysses,
I doubt you'll see any 'discounted prices' on parts from them. Aren't they trying to sell a lot that encompasses and mandated the parts and support for like 10 years? Thought i saw someone say lot a hundred and something was that on badweather.

Hughlysses
06-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Hughlysses,
I doubt you'll see any 'discounted prices' on parts from them. Aren't they trying to sell a lot that encompasses and mandated the parts and support for like 10 years? Thought i saw someone say lot a hundred and something was that on badweather.

LAP's press release last month on the liquidation auction/sale said this:

More than $15 million (retail) worth of excess motorcycle parts inventory will be liquidated through discounting via a standard parts ordering process.

Source: http://www.dealernews.com/everything-goes-ebr-factory-liquidation-public-auction-set-june/

I guess there's a lot of details up in the air, so we probably won't know how it all shakes out for a few weeks.

Kid Thunder
06-06-2017, 05:47 PM
I am not looking for deep discounts but it would be nice. My damage parts are covered under insurance. But I was hoping for parts availability to be able to fix my SX.
I called EBR this morning & got the run down on what is going on. I can put an order in but there will be no prices yet until this liquidation is complete. Which they figure will be about 2-3 weeks on parts. Or I can wait to put the order in then.
Hopefully the parts will be available that soon for me. Of course with 5 broken ribs I have time!

EBRRider
06-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Sorry about the ribs and crash , But what happened ? Lets see a few pics.

Hughlysses
06-07-2017, 06:39 AM
I called EBR this morning & got the run down on what is going on. I can put an order in but there will be no prices yet until this liquidation is complete. Which they figure will be about 2-3 weeks on parts. Or I can wait to put the order in then.

Interesting. LAP seems to have changed their plan a little. Last week, they said they had to identify what parts they needed to set aside for warranty support for the 2016/2017 bikes, and the "excess" parts would then be offered for sale at a discount via the normal ordering process. Since they are postponing this until after the auction, it sounds as if there is a chance that someone may buy EBR intact, in which case they want to keep the parts available for the new owner.

I'm sure this is a HUGE long shot, but I guess we'll see shortly.

SteveM
06-07-2017, 10:06 AM
I emailed parts this morning and got a very quick response. I'm just looking to stock up on some spare parts, but here are some examples of what i got for pricing:

front rotor: $373
fuel pump: $686
front header: $155

Kid Thunder
06-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Dumb error. There are really no pictures because damage was minimal! I was doing back roads in my neighboring state of CT alone. I do these roads every weekend in the nice weather. Know most of them pretty well. I was on Rt 89 which is a good condition back road. I was daydreaming a little in the right side of my lane(Wide 2 lane)when I realized that the next rt curve was a 90* turn.
Poor lane positioning at a moderate speed meant that the turn was too tight. Got on the brakes, locked the rear a little as I let off the front. I had a choice of either crashing in the road or going straight into a large meadow. Looks soft! I had a small ditch to cross first. As I got into the ditch I found out it was full of boulders from a broken stone wall!
Well the bike make a quick stop in the boulders with a stoppy. My legs ended up on the rt side of the bike but the bike was being partly held up by the rocks!
I got body slammed onto the rocks in a patch of poison ivy!!! 5 broken ribs & poison ivy!
The SX: A pot hole type bend on front wheel(Still holds air). Gauge/headlite cowling smashed, rt side body damaged, rt exhaust shield damaged. A weird damage was the clutch banjo bolt that points forward was tweaked so that the clutch fluid leaks! All the lites, turn signals, horn, brake lite & gauge package all work! Starts & runs fine. Rideable but no clutch because of the banjo bolt. Oops! Just 3 weeks after I retired.

Kid Thunder
06-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Wow! $686 for a fuel pump! Does that include one years worth of fuel!!!

Hughlysses
06-07-2017, 06:25 PM
I've seen a lot of pics on Facebook from the factory today. BINS FULL of bodywork being sold.

So much waste... :headbang:

EBRRider
06-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Dumb error. There are really no pictures because damage was minimal! I was doing back roads in my neighboring state of CT alone. I do these roads every weekend in the nice weather. Know most of them pretty well. I was on Rt 89 which is a good condition back road. I was daydreaming a little in the right side of my lane(Wide 2 lane)when I realized that the next rt curve was a 90* turn.
Poor lane positioning at a moderate speed meant that the turn was too tight. Got on the brakes, locked the rear a little as I let off the front. I had a choice of either crashing in the road or going straight into a large meadow. Looks soft! I had a small ditch to cross first. As I got into the ditch I found out it was full of boulders from a broken stone wall!
Well the bike make a quick stop in the boulders with a stoppy. My legs ended up on the rt side of the bike but the bike was being partly held up by the rocks!
I got body slammed onto the rocks in a patch of poison ivy!!! 5 broken ribs & poison ivy!
The SX: A pot hole type bend on front wheel(Still holds air). Gauge/headlite cowling smashed, rt side body damaged, rt exhaust shield damaged. A weird damage was the clutch banjo bolt that points forward was tweaked so that the clutch fluid leaks! All the lites, turn signals, horn, brake lite & gauge package all work! Starts & runs fine. Rideable but no clutch because of the banjo bolt. Oops! Just 3 weeks after I retired.

Wow ! Thx for sharing, You are lucky more didnt happen to you and your bike. Daydreaming Bad.