PDA

View Full Version : New bits installed

d_adams
05-29-2017, 01:41 PM
If you've never run a quick shifter before, I HIGHLY recommend it. This bike was fast before, even without any mods to it. I added more power via exhaust & ecm a while back and obviously that was an improvement. Today's efforts included new tires, 2015 compound pads up front, Vortex 44 tooth rear, DID chain and the quick shifter. This thing is absolutely BRUTAL on acceleration now. Full power upshifts = long wheelies. I was VERY hesitant to install the QS due to my fear of flipping or looping the bike. Yeah, well, it does wheelies pretty easy and shifting with the wheel up should save me some front tire wear.

toxicf16
05-29-2017, 06:46 PM
I'd have a quick shifter on if I could find it...

Nevermind...NCCR still had a couple.

EBRRider
05-29-2017, 08:06 PM
I'd have a quick shifter on if I could find it.

Careful what you ask for , LOL

http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell...-shift-pattern
(http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell-racing-1/ebr-oem-original-parts/ebr-controls/ebr-1190-quick-shift-kit-standard-shift-pattern)http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell-racing-1/ebr-controls/

toxicf16
05-29-2017, 08:53 PM
no, I see...and I got. Thanks for the heads up in the other thread

qurtrn10
05-29-2017, 09:21 PM
I'd love to pickup a GP Quick Shifter for my SX and RX, but I'm not going to for over $1100 + international shipping for something that should cost $800 plus local shipping.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/IMAG5050_zpshxhkigrv.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/IMAG5050_zpshxhkigrv.jpg.html)

muleman
05-29-2017, 10:16 PM
I did the 44th rear, IDS ecm, and your Round system all at once. It was night and day. Short shift into 3rd she pulls right up.

toxicf16
05-29-2017, 10:20 PM
qurturn, I agree, but I'm not convinced any of these are going to be offered in the liquidation, and they certainly won't be manufacturing anymore (any time soon at least). Just getting the one, the price wasn't a huge deal breaker for me. I'd rather have this clean look than the mashed together PC/Suzuki/Kawi Frankenstein QS I was getting ready to try and put together

Davem3racer
05-30-2017, 09:21 AM
I hedged my bets back in January and purchased a GP QS kit before I even owned the bike. Beautifully machined and engineered. The install took less than 15 minutes.

White SX
05-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Dave, couple of questions.
Where does the switch plug into?
does any factory race ECM work with it?
Thanks!

EBRRider
05-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Dave, couple of questions.
Where does the switch plug into?
does any factory race ECM work with it?
Thanks!

Down by your shifter ,if you look you will see a plug right above your oil filter., Any race ECM , EBR, IDS, secondary delete anything other than stock.

Davem3racer
05-30-2017, 03:55 PM
Down by your shifter ,if you look you will see a plug right above your oil filter., Any race ECM , EBR, IDS, secondary delete anything other than stock.

Correct, there is a plug right by the shifter as it comes out of the transmission. It is plug and play.

A side note, 2017 stock ECM is good to go.

White SX
05-31-2017, 08:25 AM
EBRRider, were you able to get the kit from nccr?

Racer-X1
05-31-2017, 08:33 AM
I'd rather have this clean look than the mashed together PC/Suzuki/Kawi Frankenstein QS I was getting ready to try and put together

To be fair... I have a Suzuki/Kawi Frankenstein QS that works well and would still rather have this. :-)

EBRRider
05-31-2017, 09:58 AM
EBRRider, where you able to get the kit from nccr?

No . I do not have one on my SX yet. :headshake: Have one on another bike, this is why I am addicted.

EBRRider
05-31-2017, 01:40 PM
If you've never run a quick shifter before, I HIGHLY recommend it. This bike was fast before, even without any mods to it. I added more power via exhaust & ecm a while back and obviously that was an improvement. Today's efforts included new tires, 2015 compound pads up front, Vortex 44 tooth rear, DID chain and the quick shifter. This thing is absolutely BRUTAL on acceleration now. Full power upshifts = long wheelies. I was VERY hesitant to install the QS due to my fear of flipping or looping the bike. Yeah, well, it does wheelies pretty easy and shifting with the wheel up should save me some front tire wear.

Dean how many miles did you get on the original set of tires ?

d_adams
05-31-2017, 07:56 PM
I changed them out early, bike only has 1400 miles on it I think. Changed at 1250 or so. Was planning on a longer ride and didn't want to get caught out in the middle of the ride and be looking for tires. I'm keeping them to re-install later.

EBRRider
05-31-2017, 08:07 PM
I changed them out early, bike only has 1400 miles on it I think. Changed at 1250 or so. Was planning on a longer ride and didn't want to get caught out in the middle of the ride and be looking for tires. I'm keeping them to re-install later.

Thx Dean, good plan.

Cooter
06-01-2017, 02:10 AM
Yay Dean! Very clever to flip the arm over for regular shifting instead of GP. I didn't think that would fit that way! Now I just need to find one:( I assume you had to get a different shift sensor as well? (push vs pull)

What terminal in the ECM is set up to take the ground input from the shift sensor? I have a EBR ECM and I tried grounding the kickstand terminal (#34 grey plug) with no result:(

golfman1966
06-01-2017, 09:54 PM
Dean inspired me to finally order this. While it's a bit unfortunate to pay a bit of a premium to get the parts from Sweden, I figure the window is quickly closing to find such unique items for our bikes.

I'm not one for GP shift, so I ordered the kit for a regular shift pattern. With everything involved, it was $540. I'm betting it will be worth it.

FYI Dean, I helped Plotter strip down his wrecked yellow bike before he sold it to you. No, I was not the one that tried to splice the harness and get it started. I would've bought it myself, but I'm in an apartment down here and wouldn't have had a place to store it.

toxicf16
06-01-2017, 11:12 PM
I ordered the kit from nccr. They are currently about 6wk backlogged according to Jens, who wrote me shortly after I ordered. He offered to refund my money if the delay was unacceptable. I declined the offer. He told me that they are making these exactly to EBR factory spec for both the standard and GP shift pattern.

Soapbox alert...While I agree that it's unfortunate to pay more than what we would have had to were EBR still in business, the reality is that we as a community need to support the businesses that are still supporting our rides. If we don't, they'll go the way of EBR as well. End soapbox.

Sapo
06-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Thanks for making my wish list a bit longer Dean! What kind of rubber is that? Tread looks kinda like the Pirelli stockers, but different.

d_adams
06-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Dunlop Roadsmart 3's. I'm liking them a lot so far.

Side note, I showed the quick shifter kit to my machine shop guys. We'll see where this goes. No idea on pricing or if it will even go forward at all.