PDA

View Full Version : Niki Hayden died

zviadi
05-22-2017, 12:17 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/22/nicky-hayden-dies-bike-crash-motogp-superbikes

R.I.P.
A real champion and a decent man.

Davem3racer
05-22-2017, 01:20 PM
RIP Nicky Hayden, you will be missed both on and off the track.

bthibodeaux
05-23-2017, 09:37 PM
Really sorry to hear. I heard about the crash, but have not heard or read further until now. Thank you for posting Zviadi.

zviadi
05-24-2017, 01:30 AM
This is sad news for me - I was rooting for him in 2006, when he became the world champion of motoGP.

From the press:
"On May 17, 2017, Hayden was hit by a car while riding his bicycle near Rimini, Italy.
The crash occurred at the intersection of Via Ca' Raffaelli and Via Tavoleto in Misano Adriatico. Hayden was traveling west on Via Ca' Raffaelli when he was struck by a car as he entered the street to cross Via Tavoleto. The driver of the car stated that he was on his way to work when Hayden passed through a stop sign and suddenly appeared in front of him. He was unable to avoid a collision. The speed of the driver is not yet known but the impact of Hayden slamming into the windshield was strong enough to completely shatter it and dent down the roof of the car. Hayden's bicycle was found in the nearby ditch with its frame snapped in half.
According to Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport a security camera recorded the crash, displaying Hayden apparently not halting at a stop sign and possibly distracted by his iPod"

Take care, do not drive with gadgets and headphones...