PDA

View Full Version : New bike, BIG grin!

GABuellDawg
05-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Greetings everybody! I would like to announce that my '09 XB12scg now has a new sibling. A 2014 1190RX #16, (which was still brand new and untitled for some reason)! I have been reading the forum the last couple of weeks for insight and advice so before the bike arrived I already had the Twisted Designs fender eliminator, IDS race ecm and made my own custom black tips this past Saturday! Let me know of any other changes you guys have done that improved overall rideability and I look forward to being part of the fam damily!

EBRRider
05-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Welcome, fellow EBR,
http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1345-Modification-recommendations

ryandcramer
05-10-2017, 06:19 PM
I made a few changes as well lol. There's a lot you can do with the right people

Subarubrat
05-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Sounds familiar! I bought a new in the box 14, did the tips and ECU, and I cannot believe I am fortunate enough to own one of these beasts! Two mods I would suggest that most do are the 44 tooth sprocket swap and the reduced clutch effort kit. The clutch effort kit makes it slightly less pull force than your XB12 (I own a Lightning myself so speaking from experience) which makes traffic far easier. The 44t swap also makes traffic easier as your not on and off the clutch until 25MPH, and it makes a retardedly fast bike even more so.

han
05-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Sounds familiar! I bought a new in the box 14, did the tips and ECU, and I cannot believe I am fortunate enough to own one of these beasts! Two mods I would suggest that most do are the 44 tooth sprocket swap and the reduced clutch effort kit. The clutch effort kit makes it slightly less pull force than your XB12 (I own a Lightning myself so speaking from experience) which makes traffic far easier. The 44t swap also makes traffic easier as your not on and off the clutch until 25MPH, and it makes a retardedly fast bike even more so.

Hey how much louder/better are the race ecm tips?

Subarubrat
05-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Due to the high idle it can't and won't have that HD thunder at idle but it is WAY deeper than stock and has its own thunderous sound. Anyone who has heard it loves it. I ordered the ECU directly from the maker with the 44t and stubbie tip tune then went by my local auto parts store and bought some couplers with the same outside diameter as the inside diameter of the outlets on the muffler, something like 1 3/4 to 2in. and painted them with high temp exhaust paint.

han
05-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Due to the high idle it can't and won't have that HD thunder at idle but it is WAY deeper than stock and has its own thunderous sound. Anyone who has heard it loves it. I ordered the ECU directly from the maker with the 44t and stubbie tip tune then went by my local auto parts store and bought some couplers with the same outside diameter as the inside diameter of the outlets on the muffler, something like 1 3/4 to 2in. and painted them with high temp exhaust paint.

As long as its much louder than stock im fine with it.

EBRRider
05-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Hey how much louder/better are the race ecm tips?

Here you go Han, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUIlVhQmxmA

GABuellDawg
05-11-2017, 09:42 AM
I was definitely surprised at how firm the hydraulic clutch was to pull compared to my XB12's cable. I also am looking into getting a lower gear ratio sprocket since I stalled it the first time I got into some city traffic... :headshake:. As for the exhaust tips; they sound much better in person and have a great decel grunt to them that get a lot of looks. The day I got the bike home, I measured the stock exhaust on the bike, made some lines and cut the muffler with a fine tooth metal cutting blade. Sanded the cuts to a smooth finish and painted with a low gloss black manifold paint from the parts store and they turned out better than imagined! Thanks for the rest of the advice, everybody!

qurtrn10
05-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Here you go Han, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUIlVhQmxmA

Tips are a definite upgrade from stock (deeper and louder). If you want to take it another step further, the best exhausts are either the Dean Adams or APH exhaust. I haven't heard the APH in person, but I have two EBRs with Dean Adams exhausts on them, and they are much deeper and louder than the tips. Here's a little comparison video we shot last week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk2XdyMLpyM&t=19s

William

P.S. - I sent you a PM - if you're anywhere near Jax, FL we should get some EBRs together and ride!

Sapo
05-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Embedding this for the lazys like myself lol. William, thank you so much for the comparo vid. You've sold me on the Dean Adams oval for sure. I gotta get one ASAP!!

PS. who's white SX is in the vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk2XdyMLpyM&t=19s

qurtrn10
05-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Embedding this for the lazys like myself lol. William, thank you so much for the comparo vid. You've sold me on the Dean Adams oval for sure. I gotta get one ASAP!!

PS. who's white SX is in the vid?

Glad to hear it. The white SX is my friend Eric's bike. He's going through some paint combinations right now - I'm really looking forward to the finished product.He will be getting an APH exhaust soon, and we will shoot another video - hopefully we will do separate clips and put them together of stock exhaust, tips, aph, and both Dean Adams.

TerryS1980
05-15-2017, 01:20 PM
The tips will leave you wanting more. The sound doesn't change much at idle and only really starts to sound good in the upper RPM range.