PDA

View Full Version : Any Rumors?

Scott
05-09-2017, 07:51 AM
From what I remember, the sale of equipment was supposed to happen in March, but it doesn't seem like that happened.

Are there any rumors (credible or otherwise) regarding what might be going on?

Should we just assume it's over or is there at least some reason for hope?

han
05-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Nothing ive heard besides no production this year.
liquid assets Partners and EBR are verbally optimistic about the future but you can understand from a buisiness point of view its not advantageous to tell customers your done.They have assets they still want to sell.That being said i still see new 2014 models still at dealers at bargain prices.Making it a big gamble for them to order more. 2017 also is the most competitive year for superbikes.And barely anyone knows these bikes exist.They need funding for abs to even sell in Europe which i hear is a big market.So it doesnt look good imo

Scott
05-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Nothing ive heard besides no production this year.
liquid assets Partners and EBR are verbally optimistic about the future but you can understand from a buisiness point of view its not advantageous to tell customers your done.They have assets they still want to sell.That being said i still see new 2014 models still at dealers at bargain prices.Making it a big gamble for them to order more. 2017 also is the most competitive year for superbikes.And barely anyone knows these bikes exist.They need funding for abs to even sell in Europe which i hear is a big market.So it doesnt look good imo

Yeah, I suspect I'm just grasping at straws, but I was hoping something might be in the works. And it almost seemed like things were too quiet. It seems like the EBR people dropped off the face of the earth, but supposedly there are some people still there, so I'm wondering why we're not at least getting something from them.:confused:

d_adams
05-10-2017, 04:33 PM
They can't tell us anything if they don't know themselves. I've asked on quite a few occasions when I've called for either tech info or parts ordering, they just simply know what we know. Nothing.

As far as I know, there's only 4-5 people there tops. Erik (obviously), Dan, Kim, Mike and maybe one other person.

Scott
05-11-2017, 09:36 AM
They can't tell us anything if they don't know themselves. I've asked on quite a few occasions when I've called for either tech info or parts ordering, they just simply know what we know. Nothing.

As far as I know, there's only 4-5 people there tops. Erik (obviously), Dan, Kim, Mike and maybe one other person.

So do you think they know nothing because nothing's happening and there's nothing to know, or is it possible LAP is working a deal that the EBR folks don't know about?

In some ways, I almost wish they'd sell off the equipment so we'd know it's over and have some closure. Until that sale, it feels like there's some hope (but I'm afraid it's just a foolish hope).

toxicf16
05-11-2017, 10:38 AM
The limited contact I've had with parts/tech I try to bait them into giving some word one way or another. All I've been able to get back is that "the wheels are turning" in East Troy. I'm with you Scott, I'm holding out hope until/unless the machinery is sold off...The timing of that short movie with Erik riding his SX paired with the sale not happening seems peculiar. I may just be looking too hard into this though.

Kid Thunder
05-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I got the same answer the last time I ordered parts(About 2 weeks ago). The parts came very quickly & I could not "bait" them with questions & got nowhere.

Scott
05-12-2017, 07:42 AM
The limited contact I've had with parts/tech I try to bait them into giving some word one way or another. All I've been able to get back is that "the wheels are turning" in East Troy. I'm with you Scott, I'm holding out hope until/unless the machinery is sold off...The timing of that short movie with Erik riding his SX paired with the sale not happening seems peculiar. I may just be looking too hard into this though.

Yeah, I got the same answer the last time I ordered parts(About 2 weeks ago). The parts came very quickly & I could not "bait" them with questions & got nowhere.

:thumb: Thanks. Sounds like they're at least trying to do something.

Sparky
05-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Some guys on BadWeB are doing a 'Homecoming' event where they visit the EBR/former Buell factory and plan various things in that area. Perhaps they might glean more about what
"the wheels are turning" in East Troy means when they report back?

Hughlysses
05-14-2017, 03:14 PM
I'd guess that if the guys at the factory know anything positive, they can't say anything because of non-disclosure agreements (NDA's).

It is strange that we're 2 months past the stoppage of motorcycle production and the announced production machinery sell-off, while EBR's website remains unchanged. The casual visitor would think they're still turning out bikes and that you can still put a deposit down on a new 2017 model, including the Black Lightning.

Scott
05-15-2017, 01:12 PM
I'd guess that if the guys at the factory know anything positive, they can't say anything because of non-disclosure agreements (NDA's).

It is strange that we're 2 months past the stoppage of motorcycle production and the announced production machinery sell-off, while EBR's website remains unchanged. The casual visitor would think they're still turning out bikes and that you can still put a deposit down on a new 2017 model, including the Black Lightning.

Actually, it's even stranger than that. I noticed somebody on Badweb seemed to indicate they were adding dealers. I went and counted and saw they had 20 dealers. Okay. That sounds like about what they had when they shut down. But then I remembered I had been adding up the dealers for EBR and Cleveland Cyclewerks on this forum after EBR announced the production stoppage (because I was curious what a combined dealer network would look like) and I saw that at that time, AFTER the shut-down, EBR was listing 17 dealers.

So they actually have added ​three dealers since the shut-down. What's up with that? Why would they add dealers? Why would dealers agree to be added?

Hughlysses
05-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Actually, it's even stranger than that. I noticed somebody on Badweb seemed to indicate they were adding dealers. I went and counted and saw they had 20 dealers. Okay. That sounds like about what they had when they shut down. But then I remembered I had been adding up the dealers for EBR and Cleveland Cyclewerks on this forum after EBR announced the production stoppage (because I was curious what a combined dealer network would look like) and I saw that at that time, AFTER the shut-down, EBR was listing 17 dealers.

So they actually have added ​three dealers since the shut-down. What's up with that? Why would they add dealers? Why would dealers agree to be added?

I hadn't really thought about it, but that is pretty strange. It's almost like LAP changed their mind after the press release, like "Well, maybe we'll wait just a while longer before we sell everything off." If LAP weren't 100% certain they were done with EBR, why the hell did they make an announcement at all? They could have just quietly stopped production. The January announcement couldn't have helped sales of the remaining bikes.

I am finally (well, nearly so) in a place to buy a new motorcycle (pending sale of our last home) and I am still undecided whether I'll buy an EBR or not. I sure wish we'd hear of some positive developments out of East Troy.

Purves
05-16-2017, 08:35 AM
Well, that press release put themselves into an even bigger hole to climb out of. Why make those comments? They shot themselves in the foot as far as building consumer confidence goes.

HD needs to give Mr. Buell his name back- Go into a joint venture with some NA companies and start over. :)

I hadn't really thought about it, but that is pretty strange. It's almost like LAP changed their mind after the press release, like "Well, maybe we'll wait just a while longer before we sell everything off." If LAP weren't 100% certain they were done with EBR, why the hell did they make an announcement at all? They could have just quietly stopped production. The January announcement couldn't have helped sales of the remaining bikes.

I am finally (well, nearly so) in a place to buy a new motorcycle (pending sale of our last home) and I am still undecided whether I'll buy an EBR or not. I sure wish we'd hear of some positive developments out of East Troy.

Scott
05-16-2017, 01:12 PM
I'd assume it was one of two things:

1. They really did consider it done and were simply looking to liquidate.

or

2. They wanted to make one last Hail-Mary and figured they wouldn't get the attention of potential buyers unless they did something extreme to demonstrate "it's now or never".

Or maybe some combination of the two.

It's not too surprising to me that they put off the sale, because they may be getting some small nibbles that convince them it's worth hanging on to the equipment a little longer to see if they can get more for the complete package.

But the additional dealers are perplexing me. I could see that EBR/LAP might like to have a few more dealers on-board to make the company more attractive to a potential buyer, but what dealer would sign up under the circumstances?

I woke up last night with the sudden fear: "What if Hero buys them?" It seems that Hero was locked out of the liquidation because they were a former owner and couldn't bid, but what if they offered LAP a $2 million check now? As scary as that prospect is, they might be the most likely buyer.

I guess technically I'd rather have them survive even as Hero than just disappear... but just barely.

Davem3racer
05-16-2017, 01:47 PM
One of the newly added dealers is Southwest Superbikes in Dallas TX. I just purchased my 2017 SX from them. During my purchase, I was informed that they signed a dealer agreement so they could sell these bikes, which were originally allocated to a different dealer, with a manufacturers warranty and with hopes that EBR would continue in some form.

Scott
05-16-2017, 01:58 PM
One of the newly added dealers is Southwest Superbikes in Dallas TX. I just purchased my 2017 SX from them. During my purchase, I was informed that they signed a dealer agreement so they could sell these bikes, which were originally allocated to a different dealer, with a manufacturers warranty and with hopes that EBR would continue in some form.

:thumb:

Hughlysses
05-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Well, crap: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ebr-motorcycle-factory-to-be-liquidated-beginning-june-7/

noone1569
05-24-2017, 03:07 PM
Game. Set. Match.

Davem3racer
05-24-2017, 03:12 PM
Damn...........

toxicf16
05-24-2017, 07:35 PM
Having met him, I'll say that Bill Melvin Jr is one of the best liars I've ever met in my life. I know he and his company are just in it for the money, but near as I can tell he's got no honor or dignity. I watched him lie to buyers, dealers, and Erik himself. This is an unfortunate if not unexpected turn of events. And to start the liquidation during homecoming is just adding insult to injury. The only good thing I can say is that at least he lied long enough for me to get a 2016 RX. I don't care what misleading he did, this is a great bike.

Scott
05-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Having met him, I'll say that Bill Melvin Jr is one of the best liars I've ever met in my life. I know he and his company are just in it for the money, but near as I can tell he's got no honor or dignity. I watched him lie to buyers, dealers, and Erik himself. This is an unfortunate if not unexpected turn of events. And to start the liquidation during homecoming is just adding insult to injury. The only good thing I can say is that at least he lied long enough for me to get a 2016 RX. I don't care what misleading he did, this is a great bike.

:thumbsdown: From Harley to Hero to LAP. Three awful companies that have sucked everything they could out of a company that could have been amazing with better partners.

The big question now seems to be: "What will happen to the Intellectual property?" Will Hero buy it? Will Harley Buy it? Will Bruce Belfer and Cleveland Cyclewerks buy it? Somebody else? If nobody makes a serious bid, will Erik be able to buy it himself and hang on to it until the right person comes along?

If only I can win the Powerball in the next couple weeks.

muleman
05-24-2017, 10:02 PM
Its a shame that this is the only american sports bike and it cant make it in america. SAD

oddball
05-25-2017, 12:32 AM
He danced around to the tune they wanted at the auction knowing he wouldn't do much. He probably met all requirements so he can strip it and sell it for parts as he does with everything. You knew no one was going to buy from them for more than they could have bought it at the auction to begin with. Might have been better if EBR had just been a Buell speed shop. Ah well.

Scott
05-25-2017, 09:19 AM
In hindsight, building the bikes they did was probably all about picking as much off the carcass as possible, and it was never really about making the company viable. If they had parts to make 300 bikes and if they could get $6000 per bike, that's $1.8 million revenue. Plus what they'll get for the equipment etc., they'll probably end up making money on the deal.

Melvin probably never cared if he could sell the company or not as long as he knew he could get his investment back. And he probably never had any real intention of keeping the company running himself. That was probably all complete BS to help them sell as many bikes as possible.:mad:

han
05-25-2017, 10:07 AM
In hindsight, building the bikes they did was probably all about picking as much off the carcass as possible, and it was never really about making the company viable. If they had parts to make 300 bikes and if they could get $6000 per bike, that's $1.8 million revenue. Plus what they'll get for the equipment etc., they'll probably end up making money on the deal.

Melvin probably never cared if he could sell the company or not as long as he knew he could get his investment back. And he probably never had any real intention of keeping the company running himself. That was probably all complete BS to help them sell as many bikes as possible.:mad:

Honestly i never believed any of the "Five year plan" bs.It was obvious they were selling bikes and if an investor came along cool but the main goal was always to strip it.The amount of funds needed to make EBR viable were astronomic.From a business standpoint LAP made the right moves.From an emotional standpoint it sucks.The only thing surprising about this is that they didnt strip it sooner.

Scott
05-25-2017, 10:39 AM
Honestly i never believed any of the "Five year plan" bs.It was obvious they were selling bikes and if an investor came along cool but the main goal was always to strip it.The amount of funds needed to make EBR viable were astronomic.From a business standpoint LAP made the right moves.From an emotional standpoint it sucks.The only thing surprising about this is that they didnt strip it sooner.

You had more foresight than me. It was probably wishful thinking, but I believed their BS. And I noticed over on Badweb they're organizing a homecoming that just happens to coincide with LAP's auction.

So it seems LAP is trying to profit from the Erik Buell fans who will be in the area. I guess it makes sense, but it just adds to the skeevy feeling I'm having about all this at the moment.

toxicf16
05-25-2017, 11:09 AM
I couldn't agree more Scott...they wait until Erik is in Europe at a Buell enthusiast event and announce the auction for the week of homecoming? In retrospect, it makes perfect sense.

han
05-25-2017, 11:36 AM
You had more foresight than me. It was probably wishful thinking, but I believed their BS. And I noticed over on Badweb they're organizing a homecoming that just happens to coincide with LAP's auction.

So it seems LAP is trying to profit from the Erik Buell fans who will be in the area. I guess it makes sense, but it just adds to the skeevy feeling I'm having about all this at the moment.

I mean dang... there are STILL new 2014s unsold on dealer floors.These bikes dont sell.And the Sportbike segment is the most competitive ive ever seen.
And without abs they couldnt legally sell in europe anymore.Not to mention nobody even knows what an EBR is.All these factors made for an insurmountable road block to healthy sales and profit.

muleman
05-26-2017, 01:55 AM
The bike is a good bike but not at 17,000, he should have started at 9,999 and get them out there first.

Scott
05-26-2017, 03:10 AM
I mean dang... there are STILL new 2014s unsold on dealer floors.These bikes dont sell.And the Sportbike segment is the most competitive ive ever seen.
And without abs they couldnt legally sell in europe anymore.Not to mention nobody even knows what an EBR is.All these factors made for an insurmountable road block to healthy sales and profit.

Difficult? Yes. Insurmountable? I don't believe so. Not when you have a bike that is so unique and can be marketed quite simply as "The Only American Sportbike in the World".

There were three key barriers they had to surmount:

1. Few people knew the bikes existed.
2. The people who did know the bikes existed were nervous about their long-term viability.
3. They didn't have enough dealers.

But all of those barriers could have been eroded away over time, and if LAP had gone into this willing to invest enough to simply keep them running for three years, I honestly believe they would have emerged at the end of that 3 years as a solid, sustainable (though still very small) motorcycle manufacturer. They didn't get 3 years under Hero (of actual bike production and sales) and they didn't get three years under LAP and nobody could realistically expect any motorcycle company to get on its feet in less than that time.

Right now, at this moment, if they had pushed through and not made the announcement in January, we would be getting into warm weather and Buell owners and other motorcycle enthusiasts would be looking at them and thinking they really were here to stay, and those people would be considering coming off the sidelines. And with each passing month, that trend would only grow stronger.

If they had stuck it out, I would have fully expected May of 2017 to be the best sales month ever for a company that never had enough time to even begin, let alone thrive.

han
05-26-2017, 05:56 AM
Difficult? Yes. Insurmountable? I don't believe so. Not when you have a bike that is so unique and can be marketed quite simply as "The Only American Sportbike in the World".

There were three key barriers they had to surmount:

1. Few people knew the bikes existed.
2. The people who did know the bikes existed were nervous about their long-term viability.
3. They didn't have enough dealers.

But all of those barriers could have been eroded away over time, and if LAP had gone into this willing to invest enough to simply keep them running for three years, I honestly believe they would have emerged at the end of that 3 years as a solid, sustainable (though still very small) motorcycle manufacturer. They didn't get 3 years under Hero (of actual bike production and sales) and they didn't get three years under LAP and nobody could realistically expect any motorcycle company to get on its feet in less than that time.

Right now, at this moment, if they had pushed through and not made the announcement in January, we would be getting into warm weather and Buell owners and other motorcycle enthusiasts would be looking at them and thinking they really were here to stay, and those people would be considering coming off the sidelines. And with each passing month, that trend would only grow stronger.

If they had stuck it out, I would have fully expected May of 2017 to be the best sales month ever for a company that never had enough time to even begin, let alone thrive.

I think these are key barriers
▪needed funds for abs
▪couldnt sell in europe without abs in meantime
▪Needed funds for R&D for more electronics
▪Lack of electronics for pantywaist riders hurts sales these days in meantime
▪2017 stacked in heavy competition
▪Lack of funds for Advertising
▪Lack of dealers willing to bite

Hughlysses
05-26-2017, 06:40 AM

It really seems as if LAP couldn't make up their mind if they wanted to make a go of EBR or not. Last year they announced they'd have bikes at 4 major motorcycle shows, and would reveal new 2017-1/2 and 2018 models. They show up at only 3, reveal the Black Lightning (the 2017-1/2 model), and then pull they the plug. Even then it seems like they weren't certain they were giving up, as a promised sale of factory equipment originally announced for March was delayed until June.

I'm with Scott; if they'd just ridden this out until now, things might have looked much better, especially if that 2018 model was the promised revolutionary sub-$10k bike Erik teased during the first EBR shutdown.

Scott
05-26-2017, 08:55 AM
I think these are key barriers
▪needed funds for abs
▪couldnt sell in europe without abs in meantime
▪Needed funds for R&D for more electronics
▪Lack of electronics for pantywaist riders hurts sales these days in meantime
▪2017 stacked in heavy competition
▪Lack of funds for Advertising
▪Lack of dealers willing to bite

Those are things they'd need eventually, and those are things they could have been working on over the space of a solid 3 year plan, but except for dealers, none of those things needed to happen urgently.

For EBR to have been viable, they should have been looking at a 3 year plan something like this:

2016 - Sell 120 bikes in the United States
2017 - Sell 240 bikes in the United States
2018 - Sell 360 bikes in the United States
2019 - Start expanding to Non-US markets

If they could get roughly $10,000 per bike, that would have been revenue of $1.2 million in 2016, $2.4 million in 2017 and $3.6 million in 2018. Not crazy amounts of cash, but enough to keep a very small operation running (particularly when they already had enough parts in house to build through 2018 without buying a single component).

By 2019, they'd be on their feet and ready to become a more serious contender, but somebody would have to be willing to keep them going until that point. LAP said they would, but they didn't.

There are approximately 15 million bikes sold in the US every year. 120 bikes is (are you ready for this) 0.0008% of the US market. There's no reason that the only sport-bike maker in the US led by somebody who most motorcycle enthusiasts know couldn't have sold that tiny, tiny number of bikes on their way to becoming a more serious manufacturer. You don't need a world-beater to sell 0.0008 % of the US market. You just need a fun, interesting, unique bike that knows its place. Harley Davidson doesn't build world-beaters, but they do okay for themselves.

But LAP pushed. They didn't go slow and wait for consumers to ask for the bikes. They made bikes that people weren't ready for and they flooded the market. They didn't make a long-term commitment and follow a real plan. They pretty much continued where Hero left off and then quit after 10 months.

han
05-26-2017, 11:38 AM
Those are things they'd need eventually, and those are things they could have been working on over the space of a solid 3 year plan, but except for dealers, none of those things needed to happen urgently.

For EBR to have been viable, they should have been looking at a 3 year plan something like this:

2016 - Sell 120 bikes in the United States
2017 - Sell 240 bikes in the United States
2018 - Sell 360 bikes in the United States
2019 - Start expanding to Non-US markets

If they could get roughly $10,000 per bike, that would have been revenue of $1.2 million in 2016, $2.4 million in 2017 and $3.6 million in 2018. Not crazy amounts of cash, but enough to keep a very small operation running (particularly when they already had enough parts in house to build through 2018 without buying a single component).

By 2019, they'd be on their feet and ready to become a more serious contender, but somebody would have to be willing to keep them going until that point. LAP said they would, but they didn't.

There are approximately 15 million bikes sold in the US every year. 120 bikes is (are you ready for this) 0.0008% of the US market. There's no reason that the only sport-bike maker in the US led by somebody who most motorcycle enthusiasts know couldn't have sold that tiny, tiny number of bikes on their way to becoming a more serious manufacturer. You don't need a world-beater to sell 0.0008 % of the US market. You just need a fun, interesting, unique bike that knows its place. Harley Davidson doesn't build world-beaters, but they do okay for themselves.

But LAP pushed. They didn't go slow and wait for consumers to ask for the bikes. They made bikes that people weren't ready for and they flooded the market. They didn't make a long-term commitment and follow a real plan. They pretty much continued where Hero left off and then quit after 10 months.

Its very clear they needed all things yesterday Thats why we are here.To sell bikes you need Advertising and exposure...Money.Then you need r&d to keep pace with competitors....money.
LAP NEVER had any intention of making bikes anymore than a chop shop has to be a car Dealership.Getting an investor wouldve been just a luck of the draw.

1190SX
05-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Bottom line is LAP is a business and the Melvin's are business people as well as enthusiasts. Only a fool would put their business at risk if it doesn't make business sense. Unfortunately EBR doesn't make sound business sense. Simple as that, LAP is not the bad guy, circumstance dictated this outcome. Maybe it could have gone a different way, but we're here now, and it is what it is.

zviadi
05-28-2017, 02:51 PM
And where now to buy spare parts?

EBRRider
05-28-2017, 03:26 PM

E Bay ! How many in all units have been produced ??

http://www.liquidap.com/
(http://www.liquidap.com/)http://www.liquidap.com/portfolio/ebr-factory-liquidation/
https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/Liquid-Asset-Partners/4305/AuctionsByCompany.asp?ahid=4305 (http://www.liquidap.com/portfolio/ebr-factory-liquidation/)

han
05-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Bottom line is LAP is a business and the Melvin's are business people as well as enthusiasts. Only a fool would put their business at risk if it doesn't make business sense. Unfortunately EBR doesn't make sound business sense. Simple as that, LAP is not the bad guy, circumstance dictated this outcome. Maybe it could have gone a different way, but we're here now, and it is what it is.

Yup exactly

Hughlysses
05-28-2017, 06:34 PM

LAP says they have $15M (retail) worth of spare parts on hand.

d_adams
05-28-2017, 07:19 PM

I wouldn't call them enthusiasts. Sharks maybe, vultures for sure. Personally, I think it *could* have been a viable enterprise on a small scale with what they had on hand, provided that they re-invested some of the motorcycle sales back into the business rather than just pocket it and turn away. They stated that it's a soft market, I say BS. They may not be selling like hotcakes, but they're selling. Now that they've used up all the available bodywork, things are going to get ugly unless someone steps up and makes small runs of it for a decent price. Even if they'd only offered one color of bodywork, it would have been better than nothing at all.

Yes, I was an early adopter (March 2014) and paid a price for mine. I'm on my 4th one now, just hoping this one will last a while for me.

It's just my opinion, but I think they planned it out like this from the beginning, regardless of what story they told the court & receivership steward. Sure sounded good with their "5 year plan". Just wish Bruce would have won like it was originally announced but then the winning bid was pulled out from under him to the detriment of us all.

Sparky
05-28-2017, 07:42 PM
LAP says they have $15M (retail) worth of spare parts on hand.
We can only hope that someone buys these parts for resale or LAP makes them available for us in short order.

Unbound
05-29-2017, 12:43 PM

You're not wrong. I bought my 2014 RX with 2 miles on it last year off the showroom floor. You should've seen their faces when I walked in with cash in hand to buy it. I heard mumblings of the brand re-launching and I jumped on it thinking I was getting a smoking deal (which I did). Its a little disheartening of the soon to happen liquidation but ill still ride the **** out of it and enjoy it while I can. No sense in selling it because I wont be able to recoup any of that money. Plus I love this bike too much to part ways with it.

han
05-29-2017, 05:25 PM
You're not wrong. I bought my 2014 RX with 2 miles on it last year off the showroom floor. You should've seen their faces when I walked in with cash in hand to buy it. I heard mumblings of the brand re-launching and I jumped on it thinking I was getting a smoking deal (which I did). Its a little disheartening of the soon to happen liquidation but ill still ride the **** out of it and enjoy it while I can. No sense in selling it because I wont be able to recoup any of that money. Plus I love this bike too much to part ways with it.

Im never selling mine.We are all fortunate to own the basically the only american Superbike.Few in the world will ever see one let alone ride one.The rx is the bike Erik Buell dreamed of making but never could.Ive always dreamed of an american Sportbike and cant believe i actually own it.Its a blast to ride and you never see yourself on the road.

Unbound
05-30-2017, 02:09 PM
Im never selling mine.We are all fortunate to own the basically the only american Superbike.Few in the world will ever see one let alone ride one.The rx is the bike Erik Buell dreamed of making but never could.Ive always dreamed of an american Sportbike and cant believe i actually own it.Its a blast to ride and you never see yourself on the road.

This is true. I took my RX to a meet and greet for a shriners fundraiser here in sac. I walked in to sign up and donate some money. Walked out and like 30 people were around it looking at it, trying to figure out what it was they were looking at. lol

Im with you. Ill never sell it. But I will be looking in to purchasing a Ulysses or an 1125R to putz around on to limit the beating on the bike.

Hughlysses
05-30-2017, 02:16 PM
These bikes may very well be the equivalent of Vincent Black Shadows in 15 or 20 years.

han
05-30-2017, 08:46 PM
This is true. I took my RX to a meet and greet for a shriners fundraiser here in sac. I walked in to sign up and donate some money. Walked out and like 30 people were around it looking at it, trying to figure out what it was they were looking at. lol

Im with you. Ill never sell it. But I will be looking in to purchasing a Ulysses or an 1125R to putz around on to limit the beating on the bike.

Its a piece of history.And its just simply an awesome bike.I got a chance to do some hooligan riding on it and had a blast.Its very comfy when speeding and the brakes are great.the pegs are amazing And its a gorgeous bike that gets stares

Hughlysses
05-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Here's some interesting info. Erik and his wife Trish were in England over the weekend to attend a meet hosted by the UK Buell Enthusiasts Group. This was posted to their forum a day or two ago:

... it was quite sad listening to Erik explain what had happened with EBR, the - total lack of interest in ANYTHING home grown due to 39% corporation tax! It appears he may well have got backing if he out sourced to S Korea/China/India etc, but rightly or wrongly he stuck to his principles and said that it would be made in America there by creating American jobs.

That would certainly seem to explain the complete lack of interest from US investors.

Unbound
06-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Here's some interesting info. Erik and his wife Trish were in England over the weekend to attend a meet hosted by the UK Buell Enthusiasts Group. This was posted to their forum a day or two ago:

That would certainly seem to explain the complete lack of interest from US investors.

In the end I am glad he stuck true to who he is. For his customers I personally would've liked them to do what it took to continue his brand we all love.

Hughlysses
06-01-2017, 05:12 PM
In the end I am glad he stuck true to who he is. For his customers I personally would've liked them to do what it took to continue his brand we all love.

Yea, I know what you mean. There's always the possibility that an Indian, Korean, or Chinese company will buy the IP and tooling, but whether they'd convince Erik or any former EBR engineers to participate is a whole 'another story.

Scott
06-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Yea, I know what you mean. There's always the possibility that an Indian, Korean, or Chinese company will buy the IP and tooling, but whether they'd convince Erik or any former EBR engineers to participate is a whole 'another story.

I'm afraid this is very likely. I think Asian investors will recognize the value of the brand more than US investors do and I wouldn't be surprised to see Hero, Geely or similar selling EBR's in a few years.

And what stinks is they can buy the name and everything. It wouldn't be quite as painful if they just used the technology without the name, but it's going to be a kick in the gut to see a crappy Chinese bike being sold as an EBR.

I'm hoping nobody is interested in the IP and Erik can buy it and protect it. I wouldn't mind if Indian or Harley bought it and put their name on it and rolled it into their product line, and even if somebody like Yamaha (who I respect) did something with it, that wouldn't be too bad, but my nightmare is that it gets bought by a company that doesn't know or understand the brand and just sees dollar signs attached to the US name and heritage.

Hughlysses
06-02-2017, 09:50 AM
This article was posted yesterday: http://www.jsonline.com/story/money/2017/06/01/motorcycle-maker-erik-buell-racing-east-troy-liquidated/363517001/

Unable to secure other investors or a buyer, Melvin said the decision was made to liquidate.

“We had numerous investors and buyers who came very close to acquiring the company in the last four months, but it didn’t go through,” he said.

I guess that explains the delay in the auction. It's hard to believe they had buyers that "came very close to acquiring the company" but LAP chose to liquidate instead.

:mad:

d_adams
06-02-2017, 12:17 PM
No, don't take just a little bit less money and let the manufacturer survive, put that nail in the dang coffin and be done with it. I'm thinking that's their motto anyway.

han
06-02-2017, 03:50 PM
I'm afraid this is very likely. I think Asian investors will recognize the value of the brand more than US investors do and I wouldn't be surprised to see Hero, Geely or similar selling EBR's in a few years.

And what stinks is they can buy the name and everything. It wouldn't be quite as painful if they just used the technology without the name, but it's going to be a kick in the gut to see a crappy Chinese bike being sold as an EBR.

I'm hoping nobody is interested in the IP and Erik can buy it and protect it. I wouldn't mind if Indian or Harley bought it and put their name on it and rolled it into their product line, and even if somebody like Yamaha (who I respect) did something with it, that wouldn't be too bad, but my nightmare is that it gets bought by a company that doesn't know or understand the brand and just sees dollar signs attached to the US name and heritage.

HARLEY working with Buell again?!? https://youtu.be/31g0YE61PLQ

1190SX
06-03-2017, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't call them enthusiasts. Sharks maybe, vultures for sure. Personally, I think it *could* have been a viable enterprise on a small scale with what they had on hand, provided that they re-invested some of the motorcycle sales back into the business rather than just pocket it and turn away. They stated that it's a soft market, I say BS. They may not be selling like hotcakes, but they're selling. Now that they've used up all the available bodywork, things are going to get ugly unless someone steps up and makes small runs of it for a decent price. Even if they'd only offered one color of bodywork, it would have been better than nothing at all.

Yes, I was an early adopter (March 2014) and paid a price for mine. I'm on my 4th one now, just hoping this one will last a while for me.

It's just my opinion, but I think they planned it out like this from the beginning, regardless of what story they told the court & receivership steward. Sure sounded good with their "5 year plan". Just wish Bruce would have won like it was originally announced but then the winning bid was pulled out from under him to the detriment of us all.

I think we all were hoping for a better outcome.

Scott
06-09-2017, 07:00 AM
So does anybody have any idea what happened yesterday? I checked in on the auction and nothing seemed to be happening on the IP. Was it all just done in private and offline, or did nothing actually happen?

At this point, I would be happy if nobody bid. That would mean LAP would retain ownership and Erik could probably work out a deal with them to regain ownership. It would be great to see the right person swoop in and get them back up and running, but that's unlikely and I'd rather have LAP retain ownership and keep it close to Erik than have a Chinese company snap it up.

Hughlysses
06-09-2017, 07:41 AM
So does anybody have any idea what happened yesterday? I checked in on the auction and nothing seemed to be happening on the IP. Was it all just done in private and offline, or did nothing actually happen?

At this point, I would be happy if nobody bid. That would mean LAP would retain ownership and Erik could probably work out a deal with them to regain ownership. It would be great to see the right person swoop in and get them back up and running, but that's unlikely and I'd rather have LAP retain ownership and keep it close to Erik than have a Chinese company snap it up.

Nobody that was there has said. I think the first portion of the auction ran so long (it wrapped up around 6PM IIRC) that they just postponed the second auction until today. The site still says "The live auction will begin soon. Continue bidding in the catalog until the live auction begins." Some of the lots in the second portion of the auction include most or all of the items in the first auction, so they had to complete the first auction before the 2nd auction could begin.

i suppose it's possible that nobody was willing to cough up the $100k deposit required to even bid. I guess we have to wait and see.

EBRRider
06-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Nobody that was there has said. I think the first portion of the auction ran so long (it wrapped up around 6PM IIRC) that they just postponed the second auction until today. The site still says "The live auction will begin soon. Continue bidding in the catalog until the live auction begins." Some of the lots in the second portion of the auction include most or all of the items in the first auction, so they had to complete the first auction before the 2nd auction could begin.

i suppose it's possible that nobody was willing to cough up the $100k deposit required to even bid. I guess we have to wait and see.

$100k deposit required to even bid. I guess that keeps us normal guys out of the game.

Hughlysses
06-09-2017, 01:41 PM
$100k deposit required to even bid. I guess that keeps us normal guys out of the game.

No kidding. Plus you have to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) so you can't tell anyone about the cool stuff EBR was working on.

1:40 CDT and the auction STILL hasn't started.

Hughlysses
06-09-2017, 02:38 PM
I sent a message to LAP on Facebook and asked what was going on with the second auction (IP and tooling). They responded: "There were no bidders able to be prepared in time. Discussions still open."

Interesting. You had to have the $100k in LAP's hands at least 24 hours before the auction, which could have been an issue.

Scott
06-09-2017, 03:29 PM
I sent a message to LAP on Facebook and asked what was going on with the second auction (IP and tooling). They responded: "There were no bidders able to be prepared in time. Discussions still open."

Interesting. You had to have the $100k in LAP's hands at least 24 hours before the auction, which could have been an issue.

:thumb: Well, that's an answer (and not the worst of possibilities IMO). Hopefully Erik can scrape together enough cash to buy it off LAP in the absence of any other offers. And while Buell fans can't crowd-fund the tens of millions required to actually keep things running, maybe we could at least help Erik get his rights back so he can own the key pieces.

Maybe someone (Hughlysses?) could ask LAP what it would cost to get that done.

toxicf16
06-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Scott,

As awesome as it would be to have Erik purchase the rights back and be able to preserve some sort of his own business, he's got to be thinking about his own financial situation at some point. He's put his heart and soul into this for a long time, but he's also put a bunch of money in as well. From what I understand he took a large portion of his life savings to open EBR in the first place. I don't know where he'd get the money without some outside investment.

Hughlysses
06-09-2017, 04:28 PM
:thumb: Well, that's an answer (and not the worst of possibilities IMO). Hopefully Erik can scrape together enough cash to buy it off LAP in the absence of any other offers. And while Buell fans can't crowd-fund the tens of millions required to actually keep things running, maybe we could at least help Erik get his rights back so he can own the key pieces.

Maybe someone (Hughlysses?) could ask LAP what it would cost to get that done.

The reserve on the IP auction is $500k, so that's apparently the minimum they'll accept at this point.

Scott
06-12-2017, 05:53 AM
The reserve on the IP auction is $500k, so that's apparently the minimum they'll accept at this point.

Well obviously that number is too high because nobody's biting. Are there zero buyers at $500K, but 10 buyers at $100K? I kind of doubt it. The money for the rights is nothing compared to the money required to make something out of those rights, and it seems that nobody wants to invest that money.

At some point, LAP is foolish to not take whatever they can get. Let's consider a number of $50,000 (for the rights alone). At that point, I think we're talking about speculators who think somebody might pay more someday - maybe 5 years from now - and that's a risky investment. Somebody who spends $50,000 now might never get it back. And while that might seem like a small amount of money in the grand scheme, it's a lot of money to potentially be just throwing away.

And here's the thing, if the best offer LAP gets is $50,000, and they don't take it, they're basically the ones left holding that risky investment. At that point it's as if they have put their own $50,000 on the line (they've already put more than that on the line, but they've made back at least a portion of that).

There has been talk that there were people interested, but their interest is obviously limited. LAP may know more than we do and they may know that at $300 K they can definitely sell it, but we have no way to know if that's really true until it actually happens.

I find it hard to believe that a company like Indian or Harley wouldn't pay at least something for an engine that's better than anything either currently has, but they obviously haven't jumped in yet.

Hughlysses
06-12-2017, 07:06 AM
I'm still really curious about the "10 year support" requirement in the auctions for the IP and tooling:

Buyer to sign I.P. Purchase agreement which outlines a 10 year license for Liquid Asset and EBR Motorcycles, LLC to continue usage of the brands and IP in the sale of excess inventory and support of the dealers/riders as needed.

After Buell shutdown, lots of people claimed that there was a legal requirement for HD to continue Buell support for 7 years, but some others with inside info said there was absolutely no such requirement and no one was ever able to cite any regulation to back up this claim.

I wonder if LAP didn't put something in their contracts with dealers legally committing to provide parts and technical support for 10 years? I can't imagine any other reason they'd put this requirement in the auction. The question is, if LAP does have this requirement, why didn't they publicize it? People would have had a lot more confidence in the brand if they'd known this. Of course, this requirement may be putting off potential buyers, as it ties their hands on what happens with EBR in the future.

Another odd thing I just noticed- there was originally another item in the auction that included all the certifications (EPA, NHTSA, federal, state, etc.) with a similar requirement about providing LAP access for 10 years. It seems to have disappeared. ???

toxicf16
06-12-2017, 07:54 AM
The question is, if LAP does have this requirement, why didn't they publicize it? People would have had a lot more confidence in the brand if they'd known this.

That seems to be the case at just about every step of this process since LAP acquired EBR. Aside from the lip service 5 year plan and talk of a sub-10k platform coming out this year, LAP did very little to assure buyers the company was going to continue. Perhaps it's better they didn't at this point, because it may have just been more lies, but with those caveats in the auctions it makes me feel like they may have just been truly inept at running a motorcycle company.

d_adams
06-12-2017, 04:50 PM
There isn't any written or legal requirement to supply parts for 10 years. I asked about it last week. The answer I got was, 5 years for some parts, 7 for others and 10 for a few. It fell into different categories as to how long they should be available. Again, there is NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT for a manufacturer to supply said parts, especially if they close the doors or cease operations. Europe may require it, the US does not. LAP was just following the suggestions (oddly enough) from some of the people there who had gone through the last shutdown and the Buell one prior to that. It's anybody's guess as to what they're thinking with this auction/sale. I'm of the firm opinion that the melvins are strictly in it for the money and it's "just business" for them. They could give a rat's a$$ about the owners of the bikes or supporting them later. I do know Erik tried buying some of the equipment and was literally shot down by Bill senior, regardless of what the bid was. The guy is a class A jerk.

MakingPAIN
06-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Wow that's a shame I thought they New owners were in it to win it.. I read some of Melvin s comments and he sounded genuine about keeping it alive..

1190SX
06-12-2017, 10:16 PM
I can't speak for anyone else on here, but I can say I have personally met Bill Sr. and can say he is definitely a genuine motorcycle enthusiast. Perhaps more so than many of us. He may not be as big a Buell fan as some people, but I feel he was genuine in wanting it to succeed. This does not mean he was wiling to put the success of EBR above the best financial decision for his own company. Of course they probably had a back-up liquidation plan going in, they are in that business. They Liquidate, the name of the business is Liquid Asset Partners. Whether the wrong plan was made or whether EBR was already doomed without a proper motorcycle company buying them, is of little consequence at this point. I haven't seen the books, I don't know what the numbers look like or what the situation is other than what has been written on the internet and that is little more than speculation. This isn't the first time Buell has gone under, it may or may not be the last, but one cannot separate the fact that the constant throughout all of this has been Erik.

oddball
06-13-2017, 12:13 AM
Well the stated intention of getting a buyer to take over the restarted company was never going to happen without actually doing something beyond slapping 2016 and 2017 on the vin tags and pulling a honda like 'bold new colors'. I'm sure he wanted significantly more than he paid. Anyone else at that time, except one, didn't see even that much value in it. So trying to entice another buyer without already displaying a big sales increase and new designs or significant improvements isn't going to persuade them that the company, not worth a couple million last year, had somehow doubled in value.

Your last line was quite the cheap shot. I'm sure Erik takes much of the blame to heart over bad decisions that were made. Now, please enlighten us as to the great and genuine motorcycle enthusiast Melvin is. I don't know the guy so I'm all ears.

Cooter
06-13-2017, 02:28 AM
Yes, Erik is the front man, the passion, and the common denominator, but blaming one single man for the demise of an entire (huge) business is ludicrous.

Hughlysses
06-13-2017, 05:13 AM
This isn't the first time Buell has gone under, it may or may not be the last, but one cannot separate the fact that the constant throughout all of this has been Erik.

There are actually 3 things that have been constant: (1) building motorcycles (2) building motorcycles in the US, and (3) Erik, except that he wasn't running the company in this iteration, Bill Melvin was. Item 1 is a difficult thing to accomplish, and when item 2 is added it's damn near impossible.

I'm of the opinion that about 95% of the philosophical stuff posted on Facebook is drivel, but I saw a very appropriate post over the weekend that I wish I'd saved. It said something to the effect of: "Don't criticize someone for the decisions they've made if you don't know what choices were available to them." That would sure seem to apply to this situation.

Scott
06-13-2017, 10:01 AM
Has anybody heard anything from Magpul?

The reason I ask is, as we know, Magpul made the Magpul Ronin 47 based on the 1125:

And while I have yet to find any solid information, I have to assume (based on the name) that 47 Moto has some connection to the Magpul Ronin:

http://47moto.com/

It seems like if 47 Moto and the Magpul Ronin 47 are connected, there would be at least some interest in obtaining the EBR IP (for the engine and frame if nothing else).

Maybe they're not interested at $500,000, but I'm wondering if they're interested at a lower price - and I'm also curious if anyone can offer any insight into the whole 47 Moto thing.

They seem like a very mysterious company at the moment.

1190SX
06-13-2017, 10:02 AM
There are actually 3 things that have been constant: (1) building motorcycles (2) building motorcycles in the US, and (3) Erik, except that he wasn't running the company in this iteration, Bill Melvin was. Item 1 is a difficult thing to accomplish, and when item 2 is added it's damn near impossible.

I'm of the opinion that about 95% of the philosophical stuff posted on Facebook is drivel, but I saw a very appropriate post over the weekend that I wish I'd saved. It said something to the effect of: "Don't criticize someone for the decisions they've made if you don't know what choices were available to them." That would sure seem to apply to this situation.

I agree. However, If anyone thinks I am trying to criticize Erik Buell, I am not. I respect and admire the guy and his desire to do it here in America. I don't however seek to find someone to blame for EBRs failure. EBR wasn't on track to be the next Ducati when the Melvin's came into the picture. People make mistakes, no one is infallible, including Erik, including Bill Sr, including everyone on earth. There were many mistakes made, the bikes were priced way to high initially and marketing wasn't there. As hughlysses said, this may just be damn near impossible regardless of who is at the helm. Sorry to say.

1190SX
06-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Yes, Erik is the front man, the passion, and the common denominator, but blaming one single man for the demise of an entire (huge) business is ludicrous.

And blaming Bill Sr. Is even more ludicrous. People need to put down the pitchforks and stop the Bill Sr. witch hunt. One of the paramount principles of leadership is that you own everything in your world when you are the leader. Especially the failures. Erik can defend himself or accept responsibility himself, he doesn't need anyone else to do it for him. If you don't know how to run the business side, but you are in charge, you put someone else incharge on the business side who is competent. If they crash and burn the business, hopefully you learn from it and choose a better one next time. If you want to make Erik out to be a victim in all of this that's fine, but I haven't heard that from him yet.

toxicf16
06-13-2017, 10:59 AM
IMHO, the angst against the Melvins is that their words don't seem to jive with their actions. "Solid five year plan" comes to mind. Yes, I understand that we the internet critics and monday morning quarterbacks weren't in the rooms with the information making decisions, but when push came to shove their words meant nothing. I don't blame them for being what they are - a liquidation firm, but I'm disappointed (as I think many are) that they tried to make people think they weren't.

This is not a defense of Erik's business acumen, but an opinion on what I've seen as a long term fan/rider of Buell and EBR products. Erik certainly got the shaft at HD. No doubt in my mind. When he talks about them however, he understands why they made their decision, even if he doesn't agree with it. Based upon what I've seen in motorcycle rags and talking (briefly) to Erik about Hero, they were trying a hostile takeover to get the IP and move jobs out of America. He did what he thought he could by placing the business into receivership to prevent that. The objective of which was clearly to protect American jobs for better or worse over the long term if a buyer could be found. LAP made it sound like they were those buyers/investors. I and many people it would seem feel that that was at best inept, likely misleading, and at worse an outright lie. I'm sure there are faults in the readers digest version of the story, but it's just an observation.

Making money is good. Making money under false pretenses is not. Protecting American manufacturing to me is noble, even if the means may end up being ultimately unsuccessful. Hopefully as has been said in other places, this can serve as a lesson to future ventures.

1190SX
06-13-2017, 11:54 AM
This I understand. Perhaps Erik has gotten the short end of the stick a couple times. Maybe he got shafted and taken advantage of. Then again I can tell you life isn't "fair" and most of us have been taken advantage of once or twice. We can all sit around and play the blame game until we are blue in the face, or we can take responsibility for mistakes made, including mistakes we allowed to happen, and learn from them to go forward. I think Erik has the will to succeed, and based on what I've seen of him, I don't think he is the type to sit around and say " HD shafted me, LAP shafted me, I want people to pity me". If he had that mindset he never would have tried to resurrect Buell as many times as he has. I am proud to be an American and believe we can build quality bikes here in the USA and I also believe in Erik's talents. As we all now know, there is more to it than just talent.

toxicf16
06-13-2017, 01:13 PM
fully agree

Scott
06-14-2017, 09:40 AM
I think that if you look at the history of Buell, EB's fatal flaw seems to have been that he has always wanted to get big and has tried to rush the process.

What would have happened if he never sold to Harley? Could he have built the company from a boutique into a viable contender on his own, or would he have just faded away? We'll never know, but in hindsight, I can't imagine how he'd be worse off.

Then with EBR, after partnering with Hero, Erik and Hero tried to push to grow in a market that wasn't buying.

And then most recently with LAP, they pushed to make and sell bikes while dealers still had 2014's on their floors that they couldn't sell.

I would have liked to see them, at some point along the way, stick to selling a high-priced, low volume bike (as the original Buell's were) that would be rare and unique and lure enthusiasts to go out of their way to get one. Then they could have, slowly and methodically, increased production and reduced price year by year until they grew to be a larger manufacturer.

If they ever get going again, I think that's the only viable model.

If I won the Powerball, I'd buy the rights, refine the design to be a higher performance, cleaner-looking bike that would start at $25,000, and I'd field a serious team in Moto America to try to make the bike more like a Ferrari/Ducati and less like a Chevy/Honda.

They should have never been competing on price against much larger volume manufacturers, they should have been competing on exclusivity and uniqueness against much smaller manufacturers.

They should have marketed directly against Ducati and had a campaign that said something like - "Sure, you can buy a Ducati - if you don't mind having the same bike as everybody else at the local watering hole." Now that Ducati has grown, there's room for a bike to be what Ducati used to be.

1190SX
06-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Very good points, Scott. That is perhaps the only motorcycle start up business model that could succeed here in the USA. Trying to compete on price and make a "Honda or Chevy" is a lost cause. Those buyers will go Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki 99% of the time. Better price, better bike, better marketing, more reliable, and proven brand name. Make something that is unique, that not everyone can have. That's how Ducati got to where they are. Be exclusive. It's admirable that Erik wanted to make the Everyman bike, but standing out is what it takes to succeed when you are the little guy.

Subarubrat
06-14-2017, 12:29 PM
I can only comment with certainty on why EBR failed to sell me a bike when they were "in business" and that is because I never heard about it. I have owned bikes most of my life but I don't follow the magazines or websites for the latest news, until Jan of this year I didn't know that EBR was making bikes and I had owned three Buells total. When I looked into it I found a 2014 new in crate and bought it right away. It is certainly possible that the word didn't make it beyond the world of those who have a display of crash scarred helmets hanging in their garage from track weekends. I think it is a very likely scenario that many of us former Buell owners who would have bought enough EBRs to let them make a go of it never knew they were being made.

Hughlysses
06-15-2017, 04:15 PM
LAP posted to Facebook today (Thursday, 15 June) that info on repair/spare parts will be posted tomorrow.

Kid Thunder
06-15-2017, 09:26 PM
Where on facebook did you see this? I went on LAP & EBR facebook & I didn't see it.

Hughlysses
06-16-2017, 04:20 AM
LAP posted on their FB page that the factory liquidation sale at EBR is still going on. Look in the comments below that post. Someone asked a question about parts and they responded "Stay tuned- parts information coming tomorrow."

Hughlysses
06-16-2017, 04:45 AM
Update: Apparently they are liquidating all the parts they are not holding to cover warranty repairs:

http://www.liquidap.com/portfolio/3958-id-ebr-motorcycles-parts-liquidation/

http://www.liquidap.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/1-5.jpg

EBR Motorcycles Parts Liquidation – $15 Million+ of EBR & Buell® Superbike Parts
Excess to ongoing needBulk orders & offers considered first, ASAP. Make offers on Excel spreadsheet.

A 40% discount will be offered on the inventory starting 6/27/17 for orders spending above $2,000. 50% deposit due if an order is accepted, remaining payment due before buyer picks up their product. Quantities will change and many times product will not be available as inventory is sold off (Example: an order for 30 items may only have 22 in stock).Due to time constraints larger orders will be considered first and given priority.

Subarubrat
06-16-2017, 07:17 AM
No doubt that LAP wants to sell it down the the bare racks and then sell the racks. I just hope this stuff ends up on the market soon, and I don't mind someone making a profit for troubling to buy and market all these parts. Hopefully, LAP doesn't price the stuff out the the range of making that possible.

Hughlysses
06-16-2017, 09:17 AM
Group buy being worked up. See EBR 1190 owner's group on Facebook.

Kid Thunder
06-16-2017, 05:43 PM
I called today about some crash damage parts I need. They told me to email the list & they will get check the order & get back to me next week wiyh prices & availability . They told me all the stuff that's going now are experimental & development stuff.

White SX
06-16-2017, 06:56 PM
Who'd you call? LAP or EBR

Kid Thunder
06-16-2017, 07:05 PM
EBR parts. I figured LAP would be a waist of time.

ryandcramer
06-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Stopping by again on Friday on my way back. Can get stuff for members. I'm on LinkedIn for verification.

noone1569
06-22-2017, 09:56 AM
Stopping by again on Friday on my way back. Can get stuff for members. I'm on LinkedIn for verification.

Snag
one of those upgraded tocce(?) headers for me if you see one.

ryandcramer
06-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Snag
one of those upgraded tocce(?) headers for me if you see one.

can you elaborate more???? What should I be looking for with the headers? Are there visual differences?

noone1569
06-23-2017, 10:29 AM
can you elaborate more???? What should I be looking for with the headers? Are there visual differences?

Hey
I'm sure you've seen pics of the crappy OEM headers, this is the one I'm looking for, Tullet I guess is the brand. One on the right in the first pic. I messed up and didn't grab one =(

EBRRider
06-23-2017, 11:16 AM
If I am not mistaken , Allen @ APH has started making front headers for us , Who knows Dean A may also Fab them ??

ryandcramer
06-23-2017, 02:47 PM
Jim at EBR is not really trying to play ball. He's trying to get Ebay prices at a fire sale. LAP needs to understand that if they want to dump a whole bunch of parts on a small market they need to slash prices.

Liquidation means getting what you can now. Not lets get as much as we can on a market that doesn't need our stuff. They're not even hitting their daily in sales of 5K a day. But they won't budge on the good stuff. I was the only one there today. We got within 150.00 on a bundle and he wouldn't come down. So I left.

**** em.

1190SX
06-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Don't worry, they will have to give it away eventually. It won't be going up in value the longer they hold it and EBR fades into obscurity.

ManofManyGTs
06-23-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm sure prices will come down as the sale continues.

EBRRider
06-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Same as the prices on Ebay are coming down slowly ,motors were at 5k now down to 2K.

1190SX
06-23-2017, 04:27 PM
What happened with the group buy?

MakingPAIN
06-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Yeah I noticed that too. E bay has been getting cheaper for wrecked bike parts

han
06-23-2017, 11:32 PM
Yup that seems to be the general consensus that they are being greed douchebags and its biting them in the butt.I think i know the guy you talking about hes a tool

Subarubrat
06-24-2017, 07:59 AM
Has anyone spotted the molds for the bodywork? They would be huge chunks of metal with big prongs and matching holes, probably several pallets worth. My guess is that they are off-site at whatever contractor they used for the molding, hopefully they don't get lost to history or sold for scrap value.

d_adams
06-24-2017, 10:35 AM
As I recall, it was HotBodies. They did both the stock plastics and race bodywork. I'd guess they still have them at their location.

Hughlysses
06-24-2017, 01:38 PM
As I recall, it was HotBodies. They did both the stock plastics and race bodywork. I'd guess they still have them at their location.
The molds may still belong to LAP. The "in limbo" auction for Intellectual Property and tooling stated that the tooling included stuff in East Troy and EBR suppliers around the world.

I suppose if if the price is right and Hot Bodies thinks there is sufficient demand, they might purchase them and hang on to them.