PDA

View Full Version : Help: exhaust back fires and shuts off after a few seconds

ryandcramer
04-27-2017, 09:28 AM
The can became loose after install and and the engine shut off. Now with the HMF can back on, it backfires and runs for a couple seconds and then shuts off. Any suggestions? I'm supposed to race next weekend.

d_adams
04-27-2017, 11:35 AM
Put it back to stock?

ryandcramer
04-27-2017, 11:59 AM
It was the throttle bodies. They came loose. It runs and it sounds good but when you let it sit at idle it dies. Disconnect the ecm and plug back in?

also you can hear little bursts inside the air box at low rpm and it's almost like there's something blocking it or it's "coughing"

when i twist the throttle it clears up and sounds fine. I let it come back down to idle and it dies almost instantly.

ryandcramer
04-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Put it back to stock?

unfortunately I bought this as race only direct from EBR. It came with ecm and HMF exhaust

buell-fan
04-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Readjust your throttle cables and idle set screw after making sure the t-bodies are seated and clamped properly. Don't overtighten the boots or they will work themselves up and off. Do a proper TPS reset and warm up before jacking on the throttle so everything resets as it should in the ecm.

ryandcramer
04-27-2017, 08:11 PM
I'm all set!! It was the Throttle bodies. The landing from wheelies and jumps at grattan CC must have been too much.

buell-fan
04-28-2017, 04:04 PM
When is he next time for Grattan? I'll ride up to support if I can.