PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Mod

fabric8
03-08-2014, 05:50 PM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/fabric8/IMG-20140308-01130.jpg (http://s145.photobucket.com/user/fabric8/media/IMG-20140308-01130.jpg.html)

Hughlysses
03-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Your mod looks great, but you may find that you have a huge hole in your midrange torque now. On the stock pipe, only ine of those two pipe actually flows exhaust out the back. The other pipe connects the body of the main muffler to the body of the secondary muffler. It's a tuned chamber that EBR says enabled them to get a broad, flat torque curve. There's a slide showing the configuration that I'll post if I can find.

fabric8
03-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Your mod looks great, but you may find that you have a huge hole in your midrange torque now. On the stock pipe, only ine of those two pipe actually flows exhaust out the back. The other pipe connects the body of the main muffler to the body of the secondary muffler. It's a tuned chamber that EBR says enabled them to get a broad, flat torque curve. There's a slide showing the configuration that I'll post if I can find.

Thanks, I've seen the slide, the bike will need a tune to change the characteristics. I was aware of that going in. I'm an exhaust/ecu,ecm kind of owner. I've never kept a bike stock. This will be temporary until an aftermarket pipe shows up.

fabric8
03-08-2014, 06:51 PM
I haven't ridden it hard since the change but the bike rode very well on my way home from my warehouse. Will take a spirited ride tomorrow to see how she runs.

Classax
03-09-2014, 03:52 AM
Looks good, but I have actually come to enjoy the sound of the stock pipe. Its not super loud which allows for aggressive throttle without drawing unwanted attention. Its also in a range where even in a pack of other bikes I can easily hear/ pick out my own exhaust and determine my RPMs. Whoever came up with it really did their homework.

Dutch
05-21-2015, 12:25 AM
I am interested in making exhaust tips myself, do you happen to know the circumference, or diameter of the tips you made?

Capt
05-21-2015, 08:34 AM
I am interested in making exhaust tips myself, do you happen to know the circumference, or diameter of the tips you made?

I'm sure you already thought of this and I am by no means an expert but I would not put your own tips on the bike.

The ECM is mapped specifically for the volume of the pipes that are on the bike. If you change the exhaust flow your mapping will be off and you can damage your engine.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I've been in contact with Jens in Sweden who used to be an engineer with Buell. They have a software guru who has been working with Erik to provide aftermarket ECM mapping.
they manufacture their own tips as well and, like most Swedes, are extremely meticulous and are ensuring that they have the proper software mapping before offering them for sale. Just my two cents

Dutch
05-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Yes, I plan on getting a power commander to remap the fuel injection system.

snacktoast
05-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Yes, make sure you have the proper calibration for this combination.
EBR warned in a technical bulletin that this configuration should not be run with the stock calibration or engine damage may occur.