PDA

View Full Version : Kickstand Doesnt shut bike off...Stupid!!

han
04-14-2017, 05:23 PM
I noticed that the bike doesnt turn off if the kick stand is pull out.Wow.
I have a much older bike that will not start in gear with the kickstand down.And will automatically shut off if you pull the kickstand out unless youre in neutral.Great feature

With all this tech and the original pricetag was $18,995 why would this be overlooked? Not to mention no fuel gauge .Yeah i can survive without it but for what they were asking in the beginning tbis bike should not be lacking simple features.Also where are the Hazards? And yes i love this bike just being real

PADicus1487
04-14-2017, 05:50 PM
I have a much older bike that will not start in gear with the kickstand down.And will automatically shut off if you pull the kickstand out unless youre in neutral.Great feature

With all this tech and the original pricetag was $18,995 why would this be overlooked? Not to mention no fuel gauge .Yeah i can survive without it but for what they were asking in the beginning tbis bike should not be lacking simple features.Also where are the Hazards? And yes i love this bike just being real

This bike is all about old school. It's the last of a dying breed. Doesn't have ABS or wheelie control either. That's kind of the point. Keep it simple with nothing to get between the rider and bike. I have another bike with all the fancy rider aids and have to turn them off each time I start it. And the price was so high to try to cover for the R&D that went into the bike, mostly the motor and TC. But alas it didn't work out anyway.

han
04-14-2017, 06:00 PM
This bike is all about old school. It's the last of a dying breed. Doesn't have ABS or wheelie control either. That's kind of the point. Keep it simple with nothing to get between the rider and bike. I have another bike with all the fancy rider aids and have to turn them off each time I start it. And the price was so high to try to cover for the R&D that went into the bike, mostly the motor and TC. But alas it didn't work out anyway.

Im all for that.I ride very hard and in the rain.Always with TC off (never gonna use it). I dont care for rider aids and dont want them.But i goof with the kickstand lol.And i loove my fuel gauge.I mean the bike has all kinds of info why not fuel lol.
But unfortunately they are far too many panty waist who will not even consider a bike without training wheels.Which is raising cost of bikes.

PADicus1487
04-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Im all for that.I ride very hard and in the rain.Always with TC off (never gonna use it). I dont care for rider aids and dont want them.But i goof with the kickstand lol.And i loove my fuel gauge.I mean the bike has all kinds of info why not fuel lol.
But unfortunately they are far too many panty waist who will not even consider a bike without training wheels.Which is raising cost of bikes.

Agree 100%, especially the last sentence. Went to look at the new GSX1000 this week just peeking. $17k was the best I could get and that had the same Showa BPF ours does. They want nearly $20k for the one with the new BFF forks, not even Ohlins. Crazy what the 1k class has become.

han
04-14-2017, 06:42 PM
Agree 100%, especially the last sentence. Went to look at the new GSX1000 this week just peeking. $17k was the best I could get and that had the same Showa BPF ours does. They want nearly $20k for the one with the new BFF forks, not even Ohlins. Crazy what the 1k class has become.
Yup meanwhile a Hayabusa is about $14,999 with only abs.It has everthing you need if you have balls lol.I plan on getting the gen 3 but i already know the price is going up because it will have rider aids on it Smh

han
04-14-2017, 06:43 PM

All because some cry babies are too scared to learn to ride

PADicus1487
04-14-2017, 06:59 PM
Agreed. My second bike is a 2014 ZX-14R. Great for a second bike. Far more comfortable but still spotty enough to have some fun. But the acceleration is terrifying, especially in 3rd gear when the butterflies fully open! I'm trying to convince the wife to let me get an enduro as a third bike but it's a tough sell for a glorified dirt bike at $11k..

han
04-14-2017, 07:14 PM
Agreed. My second bike is a 2014 ZX-14R. Great for a second bike. Far more comfortable but still spotty enough to have some fun. But the acceleration is terrifying, especially in 3rd gear when the butterflies fully open! I'm trying to convince the wife to let me get an enduro as a third bike but it's a tough sell for a glorified dirt bike at $11k..
Mine is a Hayabusa.

Fullmonte
04-15-2017, 06:51 AM
It has the plug for it. Just add a micro switch.

Classax
04-15-2017, 08:03 AM
The bike was bread for racing. They didn't waste time or money to trick out a system racers are going to toss. Look how many guys have to deal with a jumper for the side stand interup on other bikes. Same on switch gear.

Mike
04-15-2017, 10:40 AM
One reason I bought the RX over my other choice...the lack of gadgets.
I drive my RX daily, also in the rain. Don't miss the lack of a kickstand cutout at all.

Just know your gear.

Mike

han
04-15-2017, 10:49 AM
The bike was bread for racing. They didn't waste time or money to trick out a system racers are going to toss. Look how many guys have to deal with a jumper for the side stand interup on other bikes. Same on switch gear.

I agree its more a race bike but i believe the lack of some features was more from lack of funds like Padicus said
"And the price was so high to try to cover for the R&D that went into the bike, mostly the motor and TC" I saw Erik himself say in a video they didnt put abs because they didnt have enough money.

At the end of the day they put the money where it matters which was the right move.Im just Analyizing the bike and the Company

han
04-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Agreed.Ill just need to not be stupid lol

GI Joe w/X1 Grip
04-15-2017, 07:23 PM
Side stand switch problems were common on the tube frame Buells looks like they eliminated the potential problems on the EBRs.

qurtrn10
04-16-2017, 03:31 AM
My '03 Buell came with a side stand kill switch originally. When I bought the redesigned side stand, it did not come with provisions for the kill switch anymore. When I asked tech about it, this is what I found:

In the past, a side stand left down would act like a pole vault and potentially cause serious damage or injury, so the side stand switch was very helpful. Later, the side stands were designed so that they would either just scrape or fold up if the rider forgot to put them up (2004?). After passing multiple safety checks, this new side stand design eliminated the need for a side stand switch.

In Europe, they required the side stand switch for quite a while, but last time I heard (about a year ago) it was being removed from the list of requirements due to newer, safer designed side stands. This requirement had been a hold over from a long time ago.

golfman1966
04-16-2017, 08:49 PM
If you look at the owner's forums for just about every bike that has a kickstand kill switch you'll find many threads explaining how to remove them. Another thing to wear out, break, and leave you stranded with a bike that won't start.

noone1569
04-17-2017, 07:59 AM

This.

Its a damn race bike on the streets, not your bmw touring bike.

Most of us consider a side stand switch to be burden not a feature.

han
04-17-2017, 10:27 AM
This.

Its a damn race bike on the streets, not your bmw touring bike.

Most of us consider a side stand switch to be burden not a feature.

I ride my bike harder on the street than most do on a track.And i ride a lot.All supersports are in essence race bikes.I like having the feature.

zviadi
04-17-2017, 01:44 PM

Hmmm... My RX with kickstand kill switch...

Hayabusa and ZX-14 are not such evil motorcycles as it is commonly believed.
Just open more gas on RX))) and you will be pleasantly surprised. Especially in corners.

Cooter
04-17-2017, 06:13 PM
I just re-set my trip meter when I fill up. Easy, and it gives a much more accurate DTE than a needle 'about halfway'. Even on my bikes with a gas gauge, I do the same thing and ignore the needle.

You want cruise control too? Buy a S1000R.