PDA

View Full Version : Direct drive, race front sprocket? Cush drive removal

ryandcramer
04-10-2017, 10:20 PM
I found an old thread but nothing confirming a race sprocket was made for these to race with. Anyone doing it now? Transmission wear updates? Mine is race only and it seems a direct Drive would work for racing. Plus that damn thing is heavy.

Anyone ?

Mike
04-12-2017, 07:53 AM
"Exactly"...what benefit would it be to not running the cush drive parts ? Please explain.
Other than IF one was designed properly, it might save a few ounces of weight. And a few oz. of weight in that small a diameter, not much gain there either.

Mike

ryandcramer
04-12-2017, 01:39 PM
"Exactly"...what benefit would it be to not running the cush drive parts ? Please explain.
Other than IF one was designed properly, it might save a few ounces of weight. And a few oz. of weight in that small a diameter, not much gain there either.

Mike

I dont think it's a few ounces, when I held the whole unit it seemed to weigh several pounds?? Hoping to get a few more comments as the previous thread was never followed up on.

mackja
04-13-2017, 06:15 AM
Not running the cush drive will lead to transmission failure. Might be ok for race use only, but it would put great stress on the transmission. I don't think it is worth the risk, a sprocket is a lot cheaper than a transmission. EBR has commented on this before and highly recommend you do not remove the cush drive system.

ryandcramer
04-13-2017, 07:26 AM
Not running the cush drive will lead to transmission failure. Might be ok for race use only, but it would put great stress on the transmission. I don't think it is worth the risk, a sprocket is a lot cheaper than a transmission. EBR has commented on this before and highly recommend you do not remove the cush drive system.

Thats good enough for me!