PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

GI Joe w/X1 Grip
04-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Hi All,

Been lurking and decided I need some owner input. I loved my 2000 X1 Lightning w/PM wheels, until the damn deer smashed me off it. Argued with the insurance guy who said totaled here is your $1900 pay out, broke my heart. The S3 I replaced it with just did not cut it, did give me a taste of race ECM difference though. Next I flinched Ducati as at the time EBR's were about the same price and Audi had more money that EBR, remember I have experienced previous Buell dramatics thanks HD!

What is my point? Seeing EBR 1190SX in the $9K zone. I need ground truth, am I nuts to buy a bike that has no warranty, uncertain of parts availability, could probably find someone to service it. In your experience have there been problems with the 1190's as there were back with the tube frame Buells? I have a powerful itch but don't want to by into a new heart break. I am asking you folks before speaking with the dealers, I am sure their story will be rosey eager to recoup their losses. Sorry for the novel, but I need to hear some voices of reason.