PDA

View Full Version : new 2015 1190sx number.20

MakingPAIN
03-31-2017, 11:19 AM
hey everyone, i just picked up a 2015 sx from a dealer in texas.. had about 6.5 miles i have about 350 on it now.. i have a 2003 buell xb9r that is a blast and once i heard he went under again it was go time. i had to get one asap before all new ones were gone. but just wanted to say whats up on the forum and see whats goon on here..

EBRRider
03-31-2017, 03:43 PM
nice bike , Welcome, Did you get it from Dallas moto ?

MakingPAIN
03-31-2017, 05:29 PM
Nope. Had it sent out to phoenix by Southwest Superbikes. Picked it up for 9000 shipped to my door. Don't know what people are paying for them I wanted the black sx and he had one. Good place the deal went without a hitch

EBRRider
03-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Sweet , What mods do you have planed if any ?

qurtrn10
03-31-2017, 11:46 PM
Nice! I had a '03 xb9sl, but went down and frame damage...so I upgraded to my SX. Love riding it as much as I can.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/EBR/IMAG4497_zpscue9qzfp.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/EBR/IMAG4497_zpscue9qzfp.jpg.html)

MakingPAIN
04-01-2017, 12:37 AM
EBRrider i have been reading a couple thing people have done on here to these Bikes mostly just ecm upgrade to a better map and the second muffler taken off. I think the two tip exhaust thing is kinda goofy looking it would be cool just a oval outlet out of the primary muffler. Might fab one up, i won't hack mine up I would have to buy another then there is dyno time to check to make sure that didn't change it enough to be out of range from those pre program maps for the muffler delete. Maybe gear it a little different. That's not why I got it I have a lot of stuff I am working on currently 1978gs750.... So just ride it and enjoy it for some miles.. I put a tidy tail on it the second day I had it . Does anyone know about firmware update? And the dionod thing that cuts throttle? Ill effects? All bueno?

EBRRider
04-01-2017, 08:50 AM
ok, sounds good, keep us posted on your can mod, Black is a good color.

MakingPAIN
04-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Qurten10 I wanted a lightning so bad after I picked up the firebolt. Something about the stubby look to them but never got around to getting one ...how does it feel on handling compared to the sx? From a seating and cornering stand point I know the sx will dust the xb in a drag.

qurtrn10
04-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Qurten10 I wanted a lightning so bad after I picked up the firebolt. Something about the stubby look to them but never got around to getting one ...how does it feel on handling compared to the sx? From a seating and cornering stand point I know the sx will dust the xb in a drag.

I felt more comfortable taking corners on the xb. I sat much lower on the xb, but mine was the lower sl model (like the scg). The lightning was my first bike though, so I don't want to claim a very experienced rider's perspective (riding about 3-4 years).

About 10 months later I added another EBR to the stable. I'm now trying to pay off some bills to add a third bike. There are a handful of options I'm considering, but two of the front runners are either a 1190RS carbon edition or xb12scg.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-10/14923C88-1499-4B57-8A58-5148D6335620_zpsn7wtggtn.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-10/14923C88-1499-4B57-8A58-5148D6335620_zpsn7wtggtn.jpg.html)

qurtrn10
04-02-2017, 12:45 AM
As for first mods, my recommendations would be:

Tail tidy - Twisted designs on eBay has a great setup that my bikes and lots of others I know run. Inexpensive and bolts on in 15 minutes.
Exhaust - There are a handful of good options out there. Do a little research and ask questions to find which one fits you best - all are improved over stock.
Mirrors - Seeing around my shoulders was tricky with the stock mirrors. I went with bar end mirrors from CRG and love them. Much better visibility.

Those were the first three things on my list as soon as I got my bike. It took me about 3 weeks of ownership to get them checked off, and when I did I thought the bike looked 100% better than stock. This was taken right after those first 3 mods were done.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/EBR/2016-02-09%20-%20license%20plate%20mount%201_zpsnprt74bt.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/EBR/2016-02-09%20-%20license%20plate%20mount%201_zpsnprt74bt.jpg.htm l)

MakingPAIN
04-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Yeah I went with the r and g tidy tail, out here in phoenix you need as much visabilty and bright tail lights as possible the roads are filled with the worst driver in the world and I felt like the twisted one sat to low and wasn't bright enough. As for exhaust that's a whole different story, i like the hmf exhaust but from what I hear it doesn't perform like a Dean A exhaust. I like the longer exhaust because it is more rideable for long periods of time vs small race cans. But I will see later how it goes. Maybe a front airscoop for the brake.... from what I see the aftermarket game on these Bikes is very small if anything

EBRRider
04-02-2017, 04:02 PM
I did the same 3 mods also. Now I am waiting for my 43 sprocket and frame sliders from 5-0dro.

qurtrn10
04-02-2017, 05:28 PM
Yeah I went with the r and g tidy tail, out here in phoenix you need as much visabilty and bright tail lights as possible the roads are filled with the worst driver in the world and I felt like the twisted one sat to low and wasn't bright enough. As for exhaust that's a whole different story, i like the hmf exhaust but from what I hear it doesn't perform like a Dean A exhaust. I like the longer exhaust because it is more rideable for long periods of time vs small race cans. But I will see later how it goes. Maybe a front airscoop for the brake.... from what I see the aftermarket game on these Bikes is very small if anything

Before making a decision on exhaust, I highly recommend hearing them in person if possible. I've got to hear most of the combos in person and nothing online does any of them justice. Unless you're racing competitively, a few hp here and there probably won't be as important as comfort on longer rides. (I have Dean Adams and i love it even on longer rides). Dean does have an oval exhaust can that isn't quite as loud as the round can. Might be a good compromise.

MakingPAIN
04-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Yeah I wish I could here some in person. I haven't seen one of these Bikes on the road or at the local bike shows.... They are like moto- unicorns

buell-fan
04-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Yeah I wish I could here some in person. I haven't seen one of these Bikes on the road or at the local bike shows.... They are like moto- unicorns

There is/was a dealer there in Az according to the EBR web site.

https://www.erikbuellracing.com/dealers

MakingPAIN
04-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Yeah the dealer in Tempe is a joke. It's to bad ebr ha that place as a dealer they are rude and didn't give a shyt about selling a ebr. I stood there for 20 minutes by a sx and no one ever came to help out a purchase. I had to go and get a salesman who was lounging out in his office then the salesman tried to sell me on a BMW and a harley sporty. I was like dude the EBR is why I am here once again. So the bike had a dead battery the dude tried taking off the bolt for the seat with channel locks I was like wtf are you doing man nooooo... they start the bike dead cold and wrapped it out to almost red line...... I said fuk this I'm out... to bad to bad

StrangeTrip
04-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Yeah the dealer in Tempe is a joke. It's to bad ebr ha that place as a dealer they are rude and didn't give a shyt about selling a ebr. I stood there for 20 minutes by a sx and no one ever came to help out a purchase. I had to go and get a salesman who was lounging out in his office then the salesman tried to sell me on a BMW and a harley sporty. I was like dude the EBR is why I am here once again. So the bike had a dead battery the dude tried taking off the bolt for the seat with channel locks I was like wtf are you doing man nooooo... they start the bike dead cold and wrapped it out to almost red line...... I said fuk this I'm out... to bad to bad

That place has always been a Joke, how do they stay in business?

MakingPAIN
04-06-2017, 09:49 AM
strangetrip... i dont know but it was the oddest feeling about to spend 11000 cash and the salesman was acting like i was bothering them. then the whole redlining a cold brand new bike set me off. my girl is a rider and she was telling me to go somewhere else the whole time, even she saw how unprofessional they were.. and at the end the salesman said oh yeah i wouldnt be able to sell it untill the owner is back from vacation... huh soooo you dont sell bikes if this guy isnt here???? sucks to suck i guess...

Cooter
04-17-2017, 06:23 PM
So, you're #20 and a 2015? I just got #24 and it's a 2014?

MakingPAIN
04-18-2017, 11:28 AM
Yeah #20 and a 2015 I bet they cycle in new numbers each model year..

Hill90
04-18-2017, 01:31 PM
Mine is #3 and it's a 2016.

qurtrn10
04-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Correct. Each year the production numbers start over again (i.e. there is a 2014 SX #001 and a 2015 SX #001).

Also the SX and RX have their own production numbers (i.e. there is a 2014 SX #001 and a 2014 RX #001).

Cooter
04-18-2017, 07:50 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5cuzj7i1Whs/maxresdefault.jpg