PDA

View Full Version : set up

Neal98
03-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Curious... anybody have a base line for what to set the sag on our bikes, front and rear? I'm going by the manual for compression and rebound, but I can't find anything about sag.

mackja
03-27-2017, 12:14 PM
Depends on weather you want set up for track of street. Street 35mm front and rear is fine, track 25-30 along with some geometry changes.

rb21
03-27-2017, 01:35 PM
What type of geometry changes are you making to make it better for the track?

mackja
03-27-2017, 01:42 PM
What type of geometry changes are you making to make it better for the track?

Raise the forks up to 25mm to 28mm above the top tree, or with forks fully extended 485mm from the top of the lower tree to center axle and adjust in small increments +/-.

rb21
03-27-2017, 03:36 PM
10-4
I was hoping that it was just a fork adjustment

noone1569
03-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Raise the forks up to 25mm to 28mm above the top tree, or with forks fully extended 485mm from the top of the lower tree to center axle and adjust in small increments +/-.

I
still need to do this.

MegaFighterX
03-30-2017, 03:58 AM
so for the street you want 35mm of the shock exposed up top? or am I reading that wrong?

Classax
03-30-2017, 04:49 AM
For RX owners with stock forks, there is a reference line on the girl itself. This line is flush with the top of top triple from the factory. Could we all agree to use that as the measurement mark? I know other ways are more accurate but this will get us all in the ball park.

Mike
03-30-2017, 07:39 AM
Depends on YOUR weight..!
What works for a 150lb. person...won't work for a 200lb. person..!

You can get the basics on how to set the suspension online, but only YOU, with full gear on can actually set YOUR bike's suspension.

Mike

mackja
03-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Yes weight has to do with preload, rebound, compression, SAG, but not geometry. I ride some with Geoff May and he gave me the starting point geometry numbers for the rx. With front end picked up with a head lift stand tire off the ground and forks fully extended measure 485mm from the top of the lower triple tree to center of the front axle, rear shock 322mm eye to eye from there adjust according to the track +/- mm increments.

If you set up according to the numbers up top you should have 27mm of fork above the top tree. Measure from the top of the tree to top of the fork. For the street use the lower reference line place the line even with the top of the tree.

mackja
03-30-2017, 01:29 PM
so for the street you want 35mm of the shock exposed up top? or am I reading that wrong?

35mm of sag, http://www.racetech.com/page/title/Sag. Using the setting by the factory manual will be pretty close.

Classax
04-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Yes weight has to do with preload, rebound, compression, SAG, but not geometry. I ride some with Geoff May and he gave me the starting point geometry numbers for the rx. With front end picked up with a head lift stand tire off the ground and forks fully extended measure 485mm from the top of the lower triple tree to center of the front axle, rear shock 322mm eye to eye from there adjust according to the track +/- mm increments.

If you set up according to the numbers up top you should have 27mm of fork above the top tree. Measure from the top of the tree to top of the fork. For the street use the lower reference line place the line even with the top of the tree.

Holy Moley! That must absolutely flop into corners.. what's it like in the straights? Our tracks are super bumpy here, any headshake. Trail braking in do you drag your belly pan?