PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a 2014 sx on Friday

Runnerswim6
03-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Looking at a 2014 sx on Friday vin 546BBAG25EE000024. 200 miles on the odometer. For $7599

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcd/6034116551.html

New to the EBR bike scene, I have been riding an 08' Cbr600rr since 09. Getting an army reenlistment bonus next week and I thought about this as a second bike, or selling the cbr. The "dealer" is small I think just one guy and doesn't allow Test rides.

Anything I should know to look for? Or to inspect? I plan to bring a friend who is a certified Harley mechanic.

Thank you for adding me to the forum!

Jordan

d_adams
03-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Anything I should know to look for? Or to inspect? I plan to bring a friend who is a certified Harley mechanic.

Jordan

Nothing against your friend, but a HD certified mechanic isn't really much help unless he worked on 1125's a LOT.

Check the weep hole on the clutch cover side for a coolant leak. Beyond that it's just basic stuff. Since it's only got 200 miles on it, I seriously doubt much will be wrong with it.
No warranty, so either you'll need a good mechanic that's familiar with the Helicon platform or be prepared to do the work yourself. It's an easy bike to work on, you just have to kinda know what you're doing with them.

qurtrn10
03-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Price looks really good. I paid $9k for mine, and don't regret it one second.

pittmeister
03-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Ha, I bought a 2014 white SX in Sherman last weekend. Though not as low miles or mint as this, actually its a little bit beat up. It will be cool to see some EBRs around though. I've only seen one out in the wild.

qurtrn10
03-08-2017, 11:35 PM
I know of 3 Laguna Blues in TX (2 in Austin, 1 in El Paso).

Hopefully the EBR presence will grow in your areas. If you haven't already, join the 1190 Owners Group on Facebook. That's where most EBR owners are online, and I think you'll find a lot of TX people there.

There are a handful of us in my part of FL, and we love getting together, modifying, representing, and riding our bikes, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask away!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/EBR/0909161949_zpsbufzqfo4.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/EBR/0909161949_zpsbufzqfo4.jpg.html)

Runnerswim6
03-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Nothing against your friend, but a HD certified mechanic isn't really much help unless he worked on 1125's a LOT.

Check the weep hole on the clutch cover side for a coolant leak. Beyond that it's just basic stuff. Since it's only got 200 miles on it, I seriously doubt much will be wrong with it.
No warranty, so either you'll need a good mechanic that's familiar with the Helicon platform or be prepared to do the work yourself. It's an easy bike to work on, you just have to kinda know what you're doing with them.

Lol, well taking him for more moral support, to encourage me to buy. He's a big Eric buell fan and sees these bikes as a form of history. If I understand the vin right this is bike 24. I've always been a sucker for having something "quiet different". Those who see it and know what it is ~ and give you that nod of approval. Not that I need it 😅 But after riding a 600 for all this time, I want torque! I haven't ridden one of these yet, so any advice for someone looking to move up?

Runnerswim6
03-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Price looks really good. I paid $9k for mine, and don't regret it one second.

Thank you, I don't know what these bikes are worth, lol, haven't even ridden one yet, but loved the idea of a 1125r years ago. I joined the Facebook group already learned a lot, and now frightened by display com issues and electrical gremlins! Really is a dive of faith when buying isn't it ? Lol �� I also see the 2014 RX model around Dallas for $8300, I like fairings because that's what I'm used to, but aren't the bars a little taller on the SX, or more comfortable of a ride around town? Thanks again for the advice!

Runnerswim6
03-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Ha, I bought a 2014 white SX in Sherman last weekend. Though not as low miles or mint as this, actually its a little bit beat up. It will be cool to see some EBRs around though. I've only seen one out in the wild.

I think I saw that AD too, was that the one that needed a headlight but was $5k flat? That's a good deal ���� I've replaced plenty of headlights and fairing on the 600rr over the years... hence why I might not even sell it. Don't know how much I could get for it! Clean title but lots of character haha

qurtrn10
03-09-2017, 08:44 AM
For me, 70mph is the tipping point. Below 70, the SX is more comfortable. Above 70, the RX is more comfortable (tucking behind the windscreen).

Oh, and one big tip that will help you with the EBR crowd...

...it's Erik (with a k). :)

EBRRider
03-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Looking at a 2014 sx on Friday vin 546BBAG25EE000024. 200 miles on the odometer. For $7599

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcd/6034116551.html

New to the EBR bike scene, I have been riding an 08' Cbr600rr since 09. Getting an army reenlistment bonus next week and I thought about this as a second bike, or selling the cbr. The "dealer" is small I think just one guy and doesn't allow Test rides.

Thank you for adding me to the forum!

Jordan

For whats its worth I bought my Red SX new from the same place for 7650. (Blake) he is the best to deal with, I bet you can get it for less from him, Good luck with your purchase.

pittmeister
03-09-2017, 11:08 AM
I think I saw that AD too, was that the one that needed a headlight but was $5k flat? That's a good deal ���� I've replaced plenty of headlights and fairing on the 600rr over the years... hence why I might not even sell it. Don't know how much I could get for it! Clean title but lots of character haha

That was the one. I managed to negotiate him down a little bit more since I'm not afraid of a project. Its tough there are not many used parts about but I ordered a new headlight earlier this week and am working on recreating the broken plastics in carbon. We will see how they all turn out.

Runnerswim6
03-09-2017, 11:17 AM
For me, 70mph is the tipping point. Below 70, the SX is more comfortable. Above 70, the RX is more comfortable (tucking behind the windscreen).

Oh, and one big tip that will help you with the EBR crowd...

...it's Erik (with a k). :)

The devil is in the details! Thank you! Haha sorry c is American k is German to me like EKG vs ECG