PDA

View Full Version : Muffler ECM Delete ???

EBRRider
03-06-2017, 08:29 AM
I installed my Muffler delete ECM, and did a Seat Of The Pants Dyno, I guess I was expecting more of a noticeable difference in performance, I am ordering a ECM from IDS with Deans tune on it, and a custom exhaust, hope to feel more of a difference then.

noone1569
03-06-2017, 08:58 AM
The muffler delete + ecm only adds a couple HP but really smooths out power delivery. I think it felt way better.

Now Deans pipe + ecm, that's a different story. You can certainly feel the raw power increase there!

EBRRider
03-11-2017, 07:42 PM
I have 500 miles on my SX, it seems like it is loosing up and has more power, I am really digging the power!!!! I have revved it up a few times to 8K in 2nd and 3rd yea baby hang on !!

d_adams
03-11-2017, 08:11 PM
I'm not much of a wheelie guy, it may have been a mistake to buy an SX and then put an exhaust & tune on it. I bought the 44 tooth rear sprocket (not installed yet though) thinking I wanted to slow down on my top speed as compared to the RX.

Well, hanging out there with no wind protection has accomplished that, anything over 90 mph and it's just a chore to ride.

That said, 3rd and 4th gear wheelies still happen quite frequently, especially over expansion joints on the highway. There's one near my work that I'll hit in either 3rd or 4th at 80+ mph and it just lofts the front and carries it all the way over that bridge, every time. Doesn't seem to matter if it's 3rd or 4th gear either. No pulling up on the bars, just gas only and up it goes.

EBRRider
03-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Dean , once you put that 44T on you might be doing more air time than before. Sounds fun to me. :bannana:Especially with your pipe and tune, You made the SX want to fly! Let us know how that works out , I might have to do the same. Thx Dean.

EBRRider
03-22-2017, 07:02 PM
I'm not much of a wheelie guy, it may have been a mistake to buy an SX and then put an exhaust & tune on it. I bought the 44 tooth rear sprocket (not installed yet though) thinking I wanted to slow down on my top speed as compared to the RX.

Well, hanging out there with no wind protection has accomplished that, anything over 90 mph and it's just a chore to ride.

That said, 3rd and 4th gear wheelies still happen quite frequently, especially over expansion joints on the highway. There's one near my work that I'll hit in either 3rd or 4th at 80+ mph and it just lofts the front and carries it all the way over that bridge, every time. Doesn't seem to matter if it's 3rd or 4th gear either. No pulling up on the bars, just gas only and up it goes.

I am considering a 43T any input ? out there.

noone1569
03-23-2017, 07:02 AM
I run a 43. I think it is a great balance of top speed and raw acceleration. I do run into double 4th gear sometimes. The 43 certainly has made wheelies power up a bit easier. Something I quite enjoy.

EBRRider
03-23-2017, 09:04 AM
I run a 43. I think it is a great balance of top speed and raw acceleration. I do run into double 4th gear sometimes. The 43 certainly has made wheelies power up a bit easier. Something I quite enjoy.

Stock chain in length ?? What exhaust ? ECM ? are you running ? Thxs

noone1569
03-23-2017, 11:30 AM
Stock chain length but the DID ZVMX chain, which I can not recommend enough.

Dean's pipe + IDS ECM (which tune was done on my bike at IDS)

She's a beast with that setup.

EBRRider
03-23-2017, 12:25 PM
Stock chain length but the DID ZVMX chain, which I can not recommend enough.

Dean's pipe + IDS ECM (which tune was done on my bike at IDS)

She's a beast with that setup.

Sounds like you have a sweet running bike ! I am getting there ,

noone1569
03-23-2017, 01:21 PM
I did . . until I just exploded my 2nd front head on track at Jennings =(

EBRRider
03-23-2017, 03:42 PM
I did . . until I just exploded my 2nd front head on track at Jennings =(

What caused it ? Whats parts blew?

noone1569
03-24-2017, 07:19 AM
Early stock front headers seem to be prone to failure. There's some info on the ebr page on facebook about it. EBR did tell me that there is a revision B header that is much higher quality.