PDA

View Full Version : Nail in my tire already?

1190SX
02-28-2017, 09:56 PM
Yep, you read right, got a nail in my rear tire. 500 miles on the bike. I was in my garage and all the sudden I noticed the nail in my tire. So I got it taken care of and patched and that was an ordeal in itself. Anyway, finally picked it up from the shop and got it home to install it on the bike. All smooth sailing now right? Wrong, wrench slipped while I was putting the brake caliper back on and put a real nice scratch in the wheel. Real nice. I don't think it would bother me as much if it wasn't for that damn nail causing me all this trouble. :mad:

Kid Thunder
02-28-2017, 11:31 PM
As my mother used to tell me "You should stop riding in the gutter!" Sure mom thanks! LOL

1190SX
03-01-2017, 12:05 AM
I know I know, crazy, I've never even had a nail in a car tire.

MegaFighterX
03-01-2017, 12:39 AM
so what's the next tire? :p

sorry to hear it, seriously... that sucks so bad.

EBRRider
03-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Yep, you read right, got a nail in my rear tire. 500 miles on the bike. I was in my garage and all the sudden I noticed the nail in my tire. So I got it taken care of and patched and that was an ordeal in itself. Anyway, finally picked it up from the shop and got it home to install it on the bike. All smooth sailing now right? Wrong, wrench slipped while I was putting the brake caliper back on and put a real nice scratch in the wheel. Real nice. I don't think it would bother me as much if it wasn't for that damn nail causing me all this trouble. :mad:

So now you have a scratch on the front fender and one on the rear wheel ? That SX is worthles at this point ! LOL, Do a few 3rd gear burnouts and get a new rubber.

1190SX
03-01-2017, 10:20 AM
I know WORTHLESS! I should just put a free sign on it. On my last bike I started with the same Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires. Ended up going to Dunlop Q3's, I don't track so I didn't notice a huge difference. Not sure what I'll be doing with this one.

noone1569
03-06-2017, 08:58 AM
I caught 2x nails in my OEM pirelli. None so far on Q3s lol

EBRRider
03-06-2017, 09:41 AM
That sucks , you gotta stay away from those constructions sites.