PDA

View Full Version : mirror end adapters

EBRRider
02-27-2017, 03:09 PM
I was on Revzilla to order mirror adapters https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/crg-billet-internal-adapter-for-crg-bar-end-mirror so I poped out my left bar cap and it looks like its 1" but then it gets smaller about 1 " in ward, So which size adapter do I need 7/8 or 1" ? thx. Well I call Revzilla and they said a 7/8 should do it .

Kid Thunder
03-02-2017, 12:17 AM
7/8" but most of the ones out there are to long because of the internal bar.

EBRRider
03-02-2017, 07:42 PM
7/8" but most of the ones out there are to long because of the internal bar.

I got my 7/8 adapter from Revzilla, and just like you said too long, So I drilled about 3/8 of a inch deeper on both sides, works great now, got rid of the lolly pops and went with the CRG lane splitters.

Kid Thunder
03-02-2017, 11:52 PM
You drilled out the bar? Great idea. I was going to cut down the rubber mounts from my ebay mirrors for my CRG Arrows.
Sounds like a safer idea. Those Arrows are expensive. Wouldn't want to lose one! Thanks!

EBRRider
03-03-2017, 10:50 AM
You drilled out the bar? Great idea. I was going to cut down the rubber mounts from my ebay mirrors for my CRG Arrows.
Sounds like a safer idea. Those Arrows are expensive. Wouldn't want to lose one! Thanks!

I called Rev , they suggested I move my control further in, and clamp the mirror right on to the bar, and not use a adapter at all ,so that is another option. The bar drilled very easy soft metal, worked well.

Kid Thunder
03-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Thanks I think I'll try the drilling thing.

EBRRider
03-13-2017, 06:18 PM
I ended up drilling in a little further with a 3/4 inch bit and using a 1" bar end adapter. Works great.